Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Outcast Hybrids

Outcast (Revival)

a part of “Outcast Hybrids”, a fictional universe by Crystal Flamedance.

Since the last one kinda died...here it is again!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Outcast Hybrids”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Outcast (Revival)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Sat May 15, 2010 12:26 pm

"Outcast (Revival)"

Since the first Outcast turned into a bust, here's the second try. Hopefully we don't encounter any of the same problems here that we had in the last one.

Okay, so here is where all your characters go, except for your first. This is also where you will ask any questions you have, and I will try to answer them as soon as possible. If you want to pm me a question instead, that's fine, too. If there are questions I think I will have to answer multiple times, though, the answers may go under the rules. So...hi!
Hi peoples! If you're interested in a rp partner, let me know. Im always looking for a new rp to get into!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Outcast (Revival)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Sat May 15, 2010 10:04 pm

Well, I guess I suppose I'd best give a little detail more on my character's fighting style. Systema is the fighting style russians have perfected for their military, and has been used since ancient times. Some of it is simple and effective. Other times, it's brutal and harsh. It's litterally making the most out of the force your opponent gives you to work with, making each counter effective.

And as a side note, with a neighbor like China, whom wouldn've tried to beat them at their own crazy martial arts game!

Here is a video showing the best Systema clips I've found so far. I appologize for the poor matching music, but you can mute it if it really bothers you that much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uuq50cDfrTs
"People should not fear their government.
Governments should fear their people."
"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Behind this mask, there is an idea.
And ideas, Mister Creedy... are bulletproof."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Sat May 15, 2010 10:11 pm

wow...they make it look like it doesn't take much energy...and it's effective, too...wow...

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Sat May 15, 2010 10:21 pm

I know. Then again, it's been taught since the early 1600's. It's adapted and twisted so many ways to make it (in my oppinion) the most effective defensive based martial art. I just find it mindblowing that these old men in business suits dispatch soldiers in clean easy motions.

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Sat May 15, 2010 10:54 pm

yeah...it's kinda funny to watch, though...and it does seem rather effective...

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Sat May 15, 2010 11:11 pm

Of course. This being said, it is a primarily defensive style. It can be used to beat the stuffing out of someone, but it is best used as ways to protect yourself. Compared to someone using Defendu, or Xingyquan, or even Jeet Kun Do offensively, Systema is best used as a countering system.

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Sat May 15, 2010 11:36 pm

yeah, it looks like it would be...and it looks like we'll have to wait for the other person...i can never remember user names...so i use player names...looks like we have to wait for Shi to post...though it looks like she went to bed...

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Mon May 17, 2010 6:30 pm

ah...how will we manage to fit five people? the snow leopard, the hyena, the fox, and the black lab twins...lol, i think we have an issue here...oops; six, forgot about the panther for a second...still...

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Tue May 18, 2010 6:50 am

If anything, Satchel is sleeping outside. He doesn't like being around a lot of people as it is. Much less a lot of people within arms reach.

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Tue May 18, 2010 10:40 am

yeah...Song might end up with that, too; snowleopard prefers cold weather...too warm inside, really

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SheaTeal on Tue May 18, 2010 2:47 pm

You know, we may actually end up with too many people sleeping outside, because remember, Coryi is a it uncomfortable in human form. Ha ha ha. It may end up that Shi, Posi, and Negi turn out to be the only ones inside...

SheaTeal
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Tue May 18, 2010 3:00 pm

eh, that's ok; there's only three beds inside, anyway...the twins don't necessarily have to share a bed, anyway...and it would probably be more comfortable if they did...but that evens it out nicely; one in each bed, and everyone else outside

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SheaTeal on Tue May 18, 2010 3:07 pm

Definitely. So, Shi may not have to make her house bigger after all. That'll save some space in the RP, no posts about building it! Yipee. But I thought Posi and Negi never leave each others sides... oh well, whoever plays them (really bad at remembering names...) can make that decision.

SheaTeal
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Tue May 18, 2010 3:17 pm

actually, we might...one of the people from the original outcast said he was going to try to jump in...but it depends on whether or not his character also sleeps outside or wants to sleep inside...

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SheaTeal on Tue May 18, 2010 4:15 pm

Oh really? Weren't Posi and Negi from the original as well? It really does depend doesn't it?

SheaTeal
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Tue May 18, 2010 4:46 pm

yes, Posi and Negi were both from the original, but someone else from the original is planning on joinin g this one, too, he just hasn't gotten around to it...we just have to kinda see how he'll fit himself in, really...and it kinda depends...though if he uses the same character, we probably won't have to worry about it

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SheaTeal on Tue May 18, 2010 5:13 pm

Do you think anyone else from the old one will be joining? I've seen the original, and there are quite a few characters.

SheaTeal
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Tue May 18, 2010 5:16 pm

i don't know if any of the others are going to jump in...i know one of the characters never showed up; she quit when i said we could change into our animals...said it was godmodding...though, if everyone can turn into their animals, how is it godmodding? ...and i'm not sure if the others know about this new one..i haven't seen them onling much...

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SheaTeal on Tue May 18, 2010 5:39 pm

yeah I don't think being able to change into an animal is gomodding, especially since everyone in the RP does it, besides, it is limited. i don't know how well this person actually knew the definition of godmodding.

SheaTeal
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Tue May 18, 2010 5:50 pm

i tried to set that limit before, but it was ignored that time...i think that's why she thought it was godmodding...i had forgotten to put it in the rules...so i added it after she had joined...and then she said something about godmodding in hte ooc...she would have made an interesting character, too...

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!