Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Ulysses

Who Hates Toby?

a part of “Ulysses”, a fictional universe by Serly.

Humanity's only hope lies in three ships drifting aimlessly through space: One battlecruiser, and two colony ships. Will they ever return to Earth, Or find a new home?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Ulysses”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Who Hates Toby?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:13 am

I do! :D
You know what the first rule of flying is?

Love.
You can learn all the math in the 'verse...
But you take a boat in the air that you don't love...
She'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds.
Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down...
Tells you she's hurting before she keels.
Makes her a home.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Who Hates Toby?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Serly on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:29 am

-I- think he's level-headed, and good at being an ass.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Serly
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:40 pm

Oh-ho, but you haven't had to interact with him yet. He has had asshole training of the highest level!

... but, you know, not in any weird sexual ways, I totally meant he's just a huge jerk.

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:11 pm

He is an incredible asshole, but man, it makes things interesting. And he is an intelligent ass too, so that just makes everything better.
Silverose
Laryn: He's not dead. Dogs may die, but cats have nine lives.
S-9:*chuckles* That guy's harder to rub out than the viruses in ancient computer programs.
Ash: Thanks a lot, guys. So what am I, an infectious cat?

Chari
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:34 am

Oh, just an FYI to clear up a possible misconception:

Airman is a rank in the Air Force similar to Private in the Army. They do the grunt work, generally do not have their pilot's license, and are generally only a bit more intelligent than your average Army private. I figure in the Defense Fleets, they'd have an Airman-equivalent rank to do the same job, and I also figured that because it was, well, space, the Air ranks were likely to transfer.

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolrSurfr3 on Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:49 pm

He's a Grade A asshole with a superiority complex, but maybe that's a good thing. There needs to be a little chaos, or things get boring. Conflict in an RP is always good.

SolrSurfr3
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:11 pm

Several years ago I was playing a Ranger character on a Neverwinter Nights (an RPG based on Forgotten Realms D&D if you don't know of it) persistent world. My greatest enemy ended up also being one of my closest allies; I was the warden of the forest that he was charged by his God to spread chaos in. He wasn't a total ass about it however, he did it in a very mature and entertaining way. It kept conflict going, and the two of us never hated each other, we were more rivals han enemies I suppose. It was interesting, as he actually saved me a few times from my own enemies in the name of 'balance,' figuring his divine duty would be completely boring if he didn't have anyone to try and prevent him from fulfilling it.

If ever you start seriously getting pissed off with Toby guys, let me know; I still want everyone to have fun, I just also felt like trying something different and adding a bit of strife and conflict to what is already a tense environment.

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!