Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A.S.C.O.

A.S.C.O.

a part of “A.S.C.O.”, a fictional universe by Sciamancer.

[ACCEPTING new characters] You are a hunter, an agent of the Anti-Supernatural Creature Organization. There has recently been a surplus of work for you as attacks become more and more common. Survive the monsters and figure out what's going on.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A.S.C.O.”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] A.S.C.O.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sciamancer on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:33 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "A.S.C.O."

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
1. Join ASCO
2. Fight the monster.
3. Protect the people.
4. ???
5. Profit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sciamancer
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] A.S.C.O.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:47 pm

Would it be stupid for me to ask to be a rookie that had been an amateur paranormal investigator? Not actually hunting them; just kind of seeking them out and taking amateur notes, like a birdwatcher except he watches ghosts and stuff.

And also, will Slenderman be involved? Probably not, but just in case, I thought I would ask.

Also, brilliant signature. I feel like I should try something like that now. Either that or we should raid together.
From the depths, I return!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:58 pm

Submitted my dude. any questions PM me.

Grahf
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Greeter Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SylentStand on Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:21 pm

I am deeply gratified to see a roleplay like this! I'll definitely submit a character within the hour. One thing though; we huntin' with trinkets, talismans, and holy water? Or are we taking a page from SOCOM's book and going in with modern firearms and slick body armor? (It should be easy enough to tell which I prefer.) Whatever the case, I'm bored and active, so I'll be joining up soon. Thanks.
Protect and Serve

SylentStand
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:29 pm

Talismans? Did I hear my name?

I've gots my eye on one of them there veteran spots, so do I have to do the three pages of PMs? I do believe you've seen three pages of my posts Scia... Either way, I'll start working on him... Later~

And a question for your Co-GM, Dion... How many RPs are you Co-GM in anyway?
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sciamancer on Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:35 pm

Wow, this is gaining popularity quickly. I must admit that I am new to GMing, which is why I have my friend, the experienced dionkar336, helping out. For right now, I'm not going to directly approve any profiles, as I want dionkar's feedback as a sort of safety precaution.

Cypher, that idea sounds fine. I assume that his knowledge will be limited at best, and that he may have some blatant misinformation, seeing as ASCO constantly works to try to keep everything a secret.

Noxize, as I said, I won't approve it quite yet. At worst, I think you'll be asked to revise it a bit. It has fonts that hurt my sensitive eyes, to be honest xD

SylentStand, this roleplay will be primarily taking things from a more scientific approach. There will be magic flying about, but basic equipment would be guns and body armor, yes. As I stated on the main page, no magic for humans. Utilizing monster weaknesses will probably be useful, such as, say, a werewolf having a horrible allergic reaction to silver. We probably won't be doing common monsters, though. dionkar, my co-GM and creature-researcher, has began gathering a neat list of monsters (which will be for our eyes only, I'm afraid) and so far it contains quite a few cryptids, though I won't go into any more detail yet. No need to spoil the surprise.

So no holy water, no trinkets, no talismans. Or at least, these won't have any sort of magic effect. I suppose that local superstition or personal religion may influence some characters into bringing them along.

Talisman, yay! Glad to see you. I'd like to stick to protocol and have you submit an example. However, three pages is a maximum because I don't want to read 20 novels by people vying for veteran positions. Maybe I should make that more clear. You can just submit a page. And "page" means "Micorsoft Word standard settings," really. A few large paragraphs. Post as your veteran character doing something, if you'd like. That way I can get a better idea. Just because we're friends doesn't mean I'll give you the spot, though. Put your best into it.

IMPORTANT EDIT: At dionkar's suggestion, I have added a PROFILE SKELETON. It is on the main page. Please check it out and use it.

Sciamancer
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:11 pm

I went back and removed the colors, tell me how it is? Your skelly is small, I dislike small ones. I can add the few things Im missing to mine if you wish.

Grahf
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Greeter Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:46 pm

If it wasn't for the huge commitment to another RP that I'm in, I'd join this one in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, I'm co-GMing an RP and we are about to move into the final part of the trilogy we have made. They seem to get more and more complicated as they go.

It's a shame too, because I had the perfect idea for a character.

Despite this sad news, I will definitely find the time to read through the posts when it gets started. Good luck to you.
“I have wrestled with death. It is the most unexciting contest you can imagine. It takes place in an impalpable greyness, with nothing underfoot, with nothing around, without spectators, without clamour, without glory, without the great desire of victory, without the great fear of defeat, in a sickly atmosphere of tepid scepticism, without much belief in your own right, and still less in that of your adversary.”
― Joseph Conrad

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sciamancer on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:14 pm

Noxize, you were approved. I don't remember if it sends you a PM when you get a character approved or not...

Mr_Doomed, sorry to hear that. If you finish up your RP sometime after this one starts, assuming it isn't too late, I can probably let you in late.

Board member characters (that I will be playing) will go up some point over the next few days. I will only be making a profile for 3 or 4 at first, but it should be noted the Board is much bigger. It's just that only some are extremely active.

Sciamancer
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyrus on Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:29 pm

This sounded like a lot of fun, so I put op a character as well.

Hopefully you'll like it.
Favorite new quote of epicness: "Well, I was on my way to this gay gypsy bar-mitzvah for the disabled, when I suddenly thought: Gosh, the third reich is a bit rubbish. I think I'll kill the führer." (Doctor Who 6x08)

Zephyrus
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxsexyassassinxx on Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:16 pm

Heyyyy Sciamancer, Remember me?
Well I'm stalking you 'cause you told me to come here...
and i did... so now what??
*lolin at mah own newblyness*

xxsexyassassinxx
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sciamancer on Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:59 pm

Hey. Can't shorten your name well, can I? Calling you sexy is just awkward. Calling you assassin, possibly. How about just "ass" for short? trolololo

You managed to find the RP, which is good. Read the "Introduction" tab and you may submit a character if you like the RP. I'm GMing with another user as my co-GM, so don't expect automatic approval. I still don't know how good of an RPer you are, to be completely honest, though from what you've told me... you should be just fine.

RPgateway is specifically built for RP, so it's a bit different. A given RP has several tabs. "Introduction" is pretty much where all important info goes. "Reviews" is unimportant. People can review RPs. Kinda stupid IMO. "Places" divide a larger RP into locations where different people post. "Groups" and "Events" are apparently planned by the website but not yet coded, lol. Chat is useless to this kind of RP. Posting is posting. OOC is out of character threads. Most are pretty self-explanatory.

Please do tell me that you only type like that in OOC, though?

Oh. Everyone, meet sexyass. A person I know in real life. Excuse her internet dialect, she comes from GaiaOnline. From what I've been told, though, she's a good RPer.

Sciamancer
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:02 pm

Well, now I suppose I'll create my character (Titus Lancaster) and write up one of his veteran missions.

That being said, anyone know where I can find some army looking pictures?

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sciamancer on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:04 pm

I use Google images for everything, lol.

Quick and easy? Yes. Slightly illegal to use and/or modify for RP? Meh... Possibly.

OH, any Cypher, I never answered your question. Slenderman is currently not planned to be involved, especially since it has no real backstory in mythology. If you'd like, you may use it in your character's history.

Sciamancer
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:25 pm

Sexyass you say?

How... delicious. Right, now that I have the blatant creepyness out of the way-

Hello! *Skedaddles to find picture*

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dionkar336 on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:39 pm

...Heh? Whats this? TALISMAN?!?!?!?!

Goody! we is gettin teh gooder playurz. now iz time for snak kaik.

Also, invited my go to guy, KumoriRyuu. Expect his profile in an hour or so.
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.

dionkar336
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sciamancer on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:45 pm

Oh man, I was supposed to PM him with a link to the RP when I got it up. My bad! Well, we're not too ahead, so no harm done.

So far, two characters (other than my own) have been approved. Five more are working on submitting a character. Not bad for the first few days, eh? Still, if anyone does know anyone else interested, do invite them. I'm in no rush, but I don't want to wait around forever to get this thing started.

Sciamancer
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dionkar336 on Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:08 pm

Dang, thats pretty good, considering this rp has been alive for less than a week.

dionkar336
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:11 pm

Titus Lancaster is going to end up being an Australian from the 2nd Commando Regiment... Also, he has a big badass beard.

"My beard laughs at your womanly attempts at facial hair"

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sciamancer on Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:19 pm

I think this RP fits a nice little niche. That was the whole point. Normal humans fighting supernatural creatures. The closest I've ever seen is "normal human post-apocalyptic zombie war," and even then, half of those have super powers. It's actually new. Almost original. And good, if I do say so myself. So it attracts people.

Plus, I had posted in the Insurrection, which was ending. And I've told a few kids at my school about it (sexyass and another who hasn't joined). I had an interest check a while ago and I've posted an RPers wanted thread. Gotta spread the damn word.

Talis, I laughed out loud as soon as I saw your picture. The picture alone increases your chance of approval by 25%. Not really. Still, awesome.

I am going to bed. See you (or rather, read you) tomorrow.

Sciamancer
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!