Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A.S.C.O.

A.S.C.O.

a part of “A.S.C.O.”, a fictional universe by Sciamancer.

[ACCEPTING new characters] You are a hunter, an agent of the Anti-Supernatural Creature Organization. There has recently been a surplus of work for you as attacks become more and more common. Survive the monsters and figure out what's going on.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A.S.C.O.”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] A.S.C.O.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:13 pm

Yes, it's an alternate spelling, I think, as I've seen it spelled both ways, but I guess depending on your accent it's close enough to Mouse.

And that is a lot of posting. Trying to GM Insurrection very nearly killed me, even with two other GMs.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sciamancer on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:23 pm

I have no job and no college. MORE TIME. In theory. Lemme think. Get home at about 4, one hour of homework at maximum (I'm fast), dinner for an hour... carry the two... I have about four hours of freetime per weekday, three on some days due to clubs. On the weekends its more like 6-8 hours. I do like to do other things besides roleplay, buuuttt... if I must! I MUST! I've got dionkar, anyway. He's... actually quite busy. FFFUUUUU

I'll manage.
1. Join ASCO
2. Fight the monster.
3. Protect the people.
4. ???
5. Profit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sciamancer
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:31 pm

*Beats desk dramatically*

COLLEGE! I got three more days before it decides to eat me.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Varyar on Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:12 pm

I have no college and no job, but school papers could keep me WAY more busy than usual in some weeks. Assuming everyone has his/her own specific shceudle (not to mention different time zones) I suppose it will be really hard to interact with everyone... Especially 25 people.
Le vent se lève...! il faut tenter de vivre!
Paul Valéry

Varyar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:51 pm

-sympathetic shoulder-pat for Talis-

I'm sorry man. That sounds awful. Good luck.

And good luck to you too, Scia. You'll need it. (^_^)

And time zones don't really make a huge difference. It's not like we all have to be at a computer at the same time to keep the story going at a decent clip.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Varyar on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:47 am

Hi almightly GM's. I have a question about A.S.C.O: Does the organization has any kind of Headquarters? If yes, where is it located? If not, how does the organization get in touch with it's members and where do the Board memebers meet?

Varyar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hells13 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:48 pm

Oh GM's from the sky! May you grace my character Bob, (Bobby Estacado) with thy holy acceptance!

...hahaha (too much?)

Hells13
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sciamancer on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:03 pm

ASCO does have a central headquarters, with other smaller stations throughout the world for research and reconnaissance. The central headquarters location has not yet been determined. Apparently-deserted island in the middle of the bermuda triangle, anyone? Get too close and we jam your equipment? Mwahahaha!

Alert for a possible mission is a message whose contents and medium for being sent is specific to the hunter. Since Netanya is posing as a surgeon, her pager may ring with "OSCA-6734," which, backwards and upside-down, is "Help ASCO" but could be passed off as an emergency hospital code. Blaze, on the other hand, being a young man, may be sent a text message from a recognizable ASCO-owned number that says something like "Wanna grab Bloody Marys at Bermuda Bar?" which of course means "Go to our Bermuda base if you want to bloody some monsters." Perhaps something even less obvious.

Once they are alerted, they can call an ASCO number where, via some indirect speaking, they can figure out where to be picked up and shipped to base.

Receptionist: Law Office of Greenwich & Greenwich, how may I help you?
Hunter: I'd like to speak with John Greenwich.
Receptionist: Who is this speaking?
Hunter: *name*
Receptionist: I'm sorry, Mr. Greenwich is currently *doing something* at *location*. He won't be back soon.

Location is where they go take a plane. Bam. To the base!

At base, they are informed of the mission. Should they choose to accept it, they suit up and go right on their way. Should they choose to reject it, they are shipped back home and billed for the cost of the private plane's fuel.

Hells, I love your character. Someone forced into the job but still willing to be a team player. Very interesting. Basing my opinion only off of your profile, I think I'll also like your writing style. A touch of humor is always good in my opinion, so long as its the cruel narrator itself and not the character that's cracking jokes about how someone got their balls bit off by a monster. Approved! I imagine that his father was worried about getting in trouble with ASCO, considering that he told a non-hunter about the organization. Everything is good. Nicely balanced, gonna be a fun character to play and to interact with, I think.

And then there were 7. Only 13 more newbie slots to go, and 5 veteran slots with 1 applicant. I'm surprised that only 1/8 people wanted to be a veteran... perhaps I make it sound too challenging? Anyway. We're moving along at a nice pace for gathering people.

Dayam. 4 days and 8 players. Just... dayam. Two per day is pretty good. Even at this rate, we're looking at probably over a week, and I doubt this rate will stay strong. Well, maybe it will.

Sciamancer
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyrus on Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:55 pm

Gotta love the " Should they choose to reject it, they are shipped back home and billed for the cost of the private plane's fuel." That's one way to make them say yes.

And with that new board member, it's probably not a good idea to become a mutant or something like that along the way. She might dissect you just for giggles.
Favorite new quote of epicness: "Well, I was on my way to this gay gypsy bar-mitzvah for the disabled, when I suddenly thought: Gosh, the third reich is a bit rubbish. I think I'll kill the führer." (Doctor Who 6x08)

Zephyrus
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:19 am

So, Scia... How's my badass bearded Aussie commando going?

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sciamancer on Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:04 am

For the Aussie, a plane spells out clouds letters that say, "Marry me, Titus," which of course is a regular occurrence for your character. When you call, you are answered by a prostitute and she tells you where to meet for a good time.

...yeahno. Really, the whole "come to base" thing may or may not be actually roleplayed out, and if it is, I'm going to leave it up to the characters, since creating 25 personalized scenarios is too much for me.

Exactly, Zephyrus. Rejecting missions is a luxury available only to those hunters who have amassed great wealth through their careers :P
You DO have the option, it's just not a very good option. Of course, you could also just call and say that "I'll have to reschedule with John Greenwich, I'm busy," in which case you wouldn't be charged. So, if you actually were busy, you could skip a mission, but if you were just chickening out of a dangerous mission, it would cost you.

Sciamancer
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sciamancer on Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:53 pm

Welcome, Winged. That makes eight, as Aiden Steele has been approved! Another "it runs in the family" character, and I believe that she's the youngest yet.

Sciamancer
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby winged1107 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:13 pm

Woot, I'm wicked happy to finally have stopped my procrastination to actually put a character in here. Imagine my delight when I come back and see her accepted, so that's cool. Although if you want anything changed about her just tell me and it'll be done relatively quickly. And I do believe she is the youngest there, I may or may not use that to my advantage. ;)

winged1107
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyrus on Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:22 am

Summer Glau!

Ow sorry, nerd-mode.

Zephyrus
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:39 am

When is this starting? Im back btw.

Grahf
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Greeter Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:04 am

I'm with Nox, when's this party start?

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SylentStand on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:02 pm

Yeah, any time soon? I want to do some lead-slinging.
Protect and Serve

SylentStand
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sciamancer on Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:30 pm

Hmm. I was going to wait for most of the slots to fill, but I can tell that is NOT viable. I'll ask dionkar. If I wait too long, I'll start losing people before we begin D:

Your complaints have been taken into account and we will not wait much longer. Maybe a week? Again, I'll ask dion.

EDIT: Sept 2/3 weekend the first post will go up, hopefully early so you guys can reply over the weekend. Maybe even Friday. We'll see. dionkar is inviting people from a dying RP he's in, so we'll hopefully get a few more before we start.

Also going to edit the intro page so that being a vet character sounds less intimidating.

Sciamancer
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:28 pm

A week? Seriously? I've seen Rps come and go in the time we have been waiting already. I hate to say it but Im tired of waiting, I was away for almost a week, and expected some progress in the time I was gone. Why are we waiting? If new people join..they can jump in.

Grahf
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Greeter Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:07 am

Talisman
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!