Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A.S.C.O.

A.S.C.O.

a part of “A.S.C.O.”, a fictional universe by Sciamancer.

[ACCEPTING new characters] You are a hunter, an agent of the Anti-Supernatural Creature Organization. There has recently been a surplus of work for you as attacks become more and more common. Survive the monsters and figure out what's going on.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A.S.C.O.”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] A.S.C.O.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:10 pm

Right, I sent in Titus' character sheet. I now shall send you a PM of the details on the Bunyip hunt I kinda left hanging in my Bio.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby winged1107 on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:48 pm

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! *waves and grins like a three year old on a sugar rush.* My name's Winged! *points to self with thumbs*
Well, now that we're past the introduction, I've read everything through and this roleplay sounds absoloutely wicked. I would love to make a character up. I'll have them up either sometime tonight or possibly tomrorow, it depends on how long it takes me to do the damned things. Finding a suitable picture is a big weak spot for me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

winged1107
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyrus on Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:37 am

Hooray, accepted!

Can't wait to kill some monsters with my super-normal human strength (and probably get eaten in the process...)
Favorite new quote of epicness: "Well, I was on my way to this gay gypsy bar-mitzvah for the disabled, when I suddenly thought: Gosh, the third reich is a bit rubbish. I think I'll kill the führer." (Doctor Who 6x08)

Zephyrus
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:33 pm

My intronets are actin up, I may be away for a few days because of this. Sorry.

Grahf
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Greeter Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sciamancer on Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:57 pm

Haha. I'd like everyone to know, though, getting killed is encouraged. Okay, maybe not encouraged. Too strong a word. But acceptable. I'm going to try not to put anyone in a position to get killed (at least at the beginning), though I can't say the same for dionkar. Still. If you get killed, I will definitely allow you to make another character. Another newbie for newbies, another veteran or newbie for experienced-approved.

Hello, winged. Make a character whenever.

No problem, Noxize. We aren't starting for a bit anyway.

Which reminds me. I am really sorry about being so stringent on profile standards. Especially now that I've changed them and made them slightly less strict. Check the intro page. It now blends more with the default, while still having serious requirements. All profiles that have already been accepted may leave their profile as it is, though you may change it into the new format if you'd like.
1. Join ASCO
2. Fight the monster.
3. Protect the people.
4. ???
5. Profit.

Sciamancer
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Varyar on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:10 pm

Hi people! I'm new to this rp thing, so I'm aware what my chances of being accepted are, but anyway I would really apreciate if you looked at the character I sent you, Ayo Bhekizita. I think it would be fun to start rping in such a cool scenario as the A.S.C.O. one... I can't wait to meet the hippie Board member.
Le vent se lève...! il faut tenter de vivre!
Paul Valéry

Varyar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sciamancer on Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:47 pm

Kumori, I'm glad to see your character drastically improved! Absolutely accepted.

Varyar, I PM'd you with some details about improving your character. Just think it over a bit more.

This brings up our non-GM character counts to 3 approved, 2 more as-of-yet unapproved. The RP was started August 16, two days ago, which means that we've gotten over one approved character per day and over two total characters per day. Excellent! Hopefully it won't slow down too much, eh? Even at this rate we'll have to wait a few weeks, but I don't think that's bad for an RP, is it?

Sciamancer
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:01 pm

I wonder if Dion is going to have a stereotypical Irish accent... Because that's what Titus is going to have if he gets accepted... But his accent is going to be Australian.

Mate.

The beard demands it.

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:57 am

Well... I did it.

I threw my (very snazzy) hat into the ring o' ordinary-humans-kicking-ass.

Please accept my humble offering of a character, O mighty GMs. Hoorah for completely out-of-place demeanors.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hells13 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:10 am

Damn, I'm liking this Roleplay :P

If you don't mind I'm making a noob right now and just for the heck of it, I'm going to make him a pussy, don't care but I'll make it work : D (and make sure it evens out the hardcore gang accumilated.)

*Edit - HI KURO! 8D

Hells13
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:55 am

An Israeli? She has the potential to be the most badass character in the RP... You don't mess with the Israelis.

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyrus on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:47 am

Hmmm, most of the characters lost their mother (or both parents). I'm not sure what that says about us...

Zephyrus
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Varyar on Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:09 pm

Zephyrus, that's because no one can imagine ruthless Hunters working for a secret organization that fights deadly monsters getting mommy's calls in the middle of a mission briefing asking if they could bring food for the dog in their way back. By the way my character is an orphan too.

Varyar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:15 pm

On the contrary, Varyar, my character gets regular phone calls from both her parents and spends the majority of her downtime with some member of her large family or another! (^_^)

Haha, Talis, she is Israeli, but she's only badass in the not-combat way.

Hiya Hells!

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Varyar on Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:24 pm

Kurokiku wrote:On the contrary, Varyar, my character gets regular phone calls from both her parents and spends the majority of her downtime with some member of her large family or another! (^_^)

Haha, Talis, she is Israeli, but she's only badass in the not-combat way.

Hiya Hells!

Hm... That creates a whole new weakness... Unless you come from a family of ninjas. Then the monsters will get ass-kicked by your grandma.

Varyar
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:14 pm

Nope. They're all very non-ninja. I'm a big believer in weaknesses.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sciamancer on Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:47 pm

All submitted characters as of writing this post have been approved, except for Titus Lancaster, who will probably be approved, but we have to look out for other veteran slots.

We have 6/20 newbies and two veterans, including Titus. John Greenwich, one of my Board members, may also be doing some missions. I still need to make some more Board members. Three of those newbies have some sort of medical experience, Jace was a military medic, Netanya is a super-doctor, and Song has herbalism experience. Admittedly Song is not quite on the same level as those two, but she has poisons. I'm thinking ASCO would pair every team with one medic. At the moment, the teams would each have a medic newbie, a non-medic newbie, and an experienced hunter. Assuming all slots get filled, though, we're looking at teams of 3 to 5, depending on who all is on the team and what the mission is.

To mix things up, ASCO is also going to be switching up teams a lot so that newbies can get experience from working with many hunters and so that a team can be made up out of members suited for the specific task. Also so people get to interact with a bunch of other people.

That all, of course, occurs after the FINAL NEWBIE TEST. DUN DUN DUN. Which doesn't happen until we reach capacity or near capacity. DUN DUN, DUUUNNN.

Sciamancer
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SylentStand on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:43 pm

Wow, we've got a nice varied team shaping up here. This should prove interesting. I like our new super-doctor; but 'moussad' is hard to say. I think I will call her 'mouse'.

Caution: new nickname may stick!
Protect and Serve

SylentStand
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:52 pm

Haha, I'm all for ridiculous nicknames and mispronunciations. Adds character.

Also, Scia, is your capacity really 26? That's a lot of people. O_O

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sciamancer on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:01 pm

25 + Me + Dionkar, really. Insurrection had 23 characters, though many people had two... I kind of expect some people to drop out. That's how things often work. In addition, it will be rare for everyone to interact at once due to the team system. Still, there's going to be a lot of posting for dion and me.

Isn't Moussad pronounced "muh-sawd?" Like Mossad as in the Israeli Spec Ops/Intelligence Agency? Is it just an alternative spelling, or what?

Sciamancer
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!