Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Checkmate

Checkmate

a part of “Checkmate”, a fictional universe by Shané.

The Governments new secret service, The White Chess attempt to stop the criminal organisation Black Chess to free London from their terrible crimes…

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Checkmate”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Checkmate

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shané on Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:02 pm

Welcome to Checkmate!

Here you can post your questions, reserve a character or already registered characters can just chat.

All reservations can be romoved by me at any time, though the standard time is within two days.
Last edited by Shané on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shané

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shané
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Checkmate

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zane saphire on Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:45 pm

May I reserve the black king?
Last edited by zane saphire on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

zane saphire
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aixulram on Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:57 pm

Can I claim a black pawn?
Kick her ass, Misty! Show her who Ash's true lover is!

Aixulram
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shané on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:28 am

Both of you now have those roles. ;)

Shané
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mat_z6 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:04 am

Could I reserve the black queen??

Mat_z6
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Protagonist on Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:37 am

I'd like to reserve the White King.

The Protagonist
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shané on Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:39 am

Sure.
Black Queen and White King now reserved ;)

Shané
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shané on Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:12 am

The Roleplay will start as soon as all the people who reserved the characters have created them and once we get at least one Black Bishop and a White Knight. That way we will have all the main characters needed.

By the way, thank you all who have joined! Really apreciate it. Also if you have anyone you think that might be interested, please let them know of this roleplay. That way we can start sooner.

Another thing, if you want to you can always have two characters, though if you have a higher ranking character you may want to choose a lower ranking one in order to allow others the chance to have a go at the higher ranks.

If you have an locations you think we should have, please post them here. I really want to make this roleplay as good as possible and that means having a reasonable amount of places. These places can include any where you want or think your character might go in future, this could be out of London, or just an important room in one of the Chess's headquarters.

Shané
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lace on Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:05 am

I'll reserve a white knight. :]

Also I don't believe I saw a time setting in the description in the introduction for the roleplay. What time setting is it?

Lace
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rulke on Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:59 am

I make a very cautious bid the White Knight, my idea would that his great grandfather was Jack the Ripper, because his Great Grandmother was a whore. Yes big, but well would you allow it. I'm intrigued by idea and if I'm allowed this then I'm in :).
We help the multi-nationals
when they cry out protect us.
The locals scream and shout a bit,
but we don’t let that affect us.
We’re here to lend a helping hand
in case they don’t elect us.
How dare they buy our products
yet still they don’t respect us.

Billy Bragg - The Marching Song Of The Covert Battalions

Rulke
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Cult Leader Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lace on Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:02 am

I submitted my white knight character. I hope you like her.

Lace
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shané on Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:45 am

Both of you now have spots ;) Due to not that many characters coming in, and unfortunately two people pulling out...we may have to all make two characters if you don't mind. Also if anyone wants the White King, he is now re-opened.
We will start once we have the White King, despite not having a Black Bishop.

Shané
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rulke on Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:30 am

I may be able to get ya some people, ya idea interests me as it's fairly original so I'm willing to talk to people and recommend this. Also thanks :).

Rulke
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Cult Leader Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lucentfir on Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:57 am

This roleplay looks promising might I ask what era and genre this is set in?

Lucentfir
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lace on Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:07 am

I can play the black bishop as well if no one takes that spot. I have no problem taking on two spots. ^^

Lace
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rulke on Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:08 am

Just to tell ya I've began profile, but I'm half asleep and had to wake up to look after my niece, so I'll fix it up when more awake promise.

Rulke
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shané on Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:34 am

Rulke: Awww! Thanks for the compliment. It is fine about Christian, you can complete his profile later.

Wolven: The era is slightly futuristic/modern in 2015. The genre is a thriller/realistic/mystery. Sorry about being vague, it's just hard to put a finger on the exact genre.

Lace: You are quite welcome to have a Black Bishop. Thanks, this will help when we start the roleplaying.

Thank you everyone for waiting, I know it is taking a while, but I am sure it will be worth the wait.

Shané
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rulke on Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:01 am

Okay I've added all the details you can accept him now. Do you need a 100x100 pic?

Rulke
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Curiose on Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:23 am

I'll participate in the RP! I just.... need to find the page with the RP set up first. Once I do, I'll edit my page with a reservation of which piece I would like to play. I figured it would be better for you to know there is an interest now, rather than later.
We are who we are through meticulous disection and suturing of all things we come by.

Curiose
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rulke on Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:40 am

*grins at people he's bringing in ;)*

I want this to work, so working a little harder.

Rulke
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!