Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dissidia Gaiden: Two Sides To Every Story

Dissidia Gaiden: Two Sides To Every Story

a part of “Dissidia Gaiden: Two Sides To Every Story”, a fictional universe by HeroOfAwesomeness.

Warriors both old and new have been called to World B. This is the 11th cycle. An early battle that will end in victory for one side. Which side will it be? And... -"What will you fight for?"-

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dissidia Gaiden: Two Sides To Every Story”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Dissidia Gaiden: Two Sides To Every Story

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HeroOfAwesomeness on Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:07 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Dissidia Gaiden: Two Sides To Every Story"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
"Netherworld Styx: The Realm of Beasts". Journey into a warring world of humans, demons, dragons, and other mythologically-inspired races. Will peace follow after the war's end?

"Netherworld Styx: Roleplayers Wanted". Calling warriors of both human and non-human origin!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HeroOfAwesomeness
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Dissidia Gaiden: Two Sides To Every Story

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby freemixer25 on Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:20 pm

DIBS ON KEFKA!!!!!!!!! i will make his char when we get more people.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

freemixer25
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lilwolfygurl on Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:48 pm

Do you mind if I play Zidane?
To those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein: This reunion is for you.

lilwolfygurl
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HeroOfAwesomeness on Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:40 pm

lilwolfygurl wrote:Do you mind if I play Zidane?

I don't mind at all, but just to let you know the actual roleplaying will most likely occur in chat. I know some people say, "Forums are better!" But, I personally prefer chat. So, if you're okay with a chat-based RP that isn't the Multiverse, you're welcome to join. And you're welcome to be Zidane too, as long as you know his personality and all that well enough. This isn't meant to be a parody, or anything like that. So, the characters should still be themselves...not some goofy OOC versions of themselves.

HeroOfAwesomeness
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HeroOfAwesomeness on Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:45 pm

freemixer25 wrote:DIBS ON KEFKA!!!!!!!!! i will make his char when we get more people.

If you want to be Kefka, go ahead. But, remember capitalization and punctuation during the RP. Not to sound rude, but grammatical errors are kinda one of my pet peeves. Just as I told 'wolfy', this RP will be chat-based. So, if you wanted something to do on the forums then you'll have to find another RP. :P

HeroOfAwesomeness
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby freemixer25 on Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:50 pm

Thats fine, but um i dont know how to use the Chat to RP i have only been in forum ones.

freemixer25
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lilwolfygurl on Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:07 am

HeroOfAwesomeness wrote:
lilwolfygurl wrote:Do you mind if I play Zidane?

I don't mind at all, but just to let you know the actual roleplaying will most likely occur in chat. I know some people say, "Forums are better!" But, I personally prefer chat. So, if you're okay with a chat-based RP that isn't the Multiverse, you're welcome to join. And you're welcome to be Zidane too, as long as you know his personality and all that well enough. This isn't meant to be a parody, or anything like that. So, the characters should still be themselves...not some goofy OOC versions of themselves.

I honestly don't mind chat-based role-playing, so it's fine with me. And as for Zidane, I think I can nail his personality pretty well, he's my favourite character.

lilwolfygurl
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby freemixer25 on Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:53 pm

When do we start? >.>

freemixer25
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PolterGhost on Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:22 am

Hey, what are the rules on original characters being added?
"We are the darkness, we are the light,
We shall never stand down in fright.
We are the evil, we are the saints,
We are your protectors, acting without thanks."

PolterGhost
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JewelGlutton on Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:02 pm

1. OC's are fine. But, please, no Mary Sues!
2. No Godmodding either. Though the heroes and villains of Dissidia are powerful, their attacks can still miss.
3. If you're going to be a canon character, then play them well. Don't damage the character's reputation.
4. Certain characters may already be taken, as I or a friend may have already played as certain characters in the Multiverse.
5. Keep the swearing to a minimum, unless the character you're playing as at whatever time is normally foul-mouthed. Basically, PG-13.
6. I highly recommend that each player make more than one character in this RP. As doing so would make it much easier to switch between characters when the storyline calls for it.
7. Though your posts do not have to be huge, you should still use good grammar. I make typos too, so don't worry too much if you make a few. As long as other people know what you meant, and you remember to capitalize names, words at the beginning of sentences, and the word "I". However, do not write in first-person. Write in third-person, past tense.

The above are the basic rules for the RP. And don't worry. Mary-Sue's is just a generic term. We won't reject every effing OC out there. Heck, even Hero and I have them. Just make sure to make them well-written, and at least semi thought-out. Profiles also do not have to be huge. I just copy and pasted from Wikia for the Canon. But yes. Also, to reboot on what Hero said, it is highly suggested you make more than one character.

By the way. The reason I'm answering this, is because I got permission to. And just to add on... I think one of the rules should be, be cooperative with the storylines of other's OC's.

JewelGlutton
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HeroOfAwesomeness on Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:34 pm

If everybody in this RP is here, and ready...then I would like to get it started now. We already have Cosmos and Chaos, so we could start if everybody is here to go to the chat. Also, wolfy and other people planning to make characters should do so before we start. Especially in the case of canon FF characters. This RP focuses on the 11th cycle of conflict, so certain characters who are known to be on Chaos' side in the games will be on Cosmos' side. For example, Garland and Jecht(also allied with Cosmos in Duodecim) will be on Cosmos' side. However, different Chaos representatives have been listed in place of them. I have also added representatives for both sides from other games made by Square, such as FF Tactics, Kingdom Hearts (limited representation), and Chrono Trigger. If anybody has any other suggestions for representatives, or even ideas for locations then let me know.

HeroOfAwesomeness
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby freemixer25 on Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:34 pm

Garland never sided with Cosmos in any of the cycles. If he did then i would like to see where you learned that.

freemixer25
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby freemixer25 on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:24 pm

Okay so um.... i saw Xemnas in the character to list, can i make Sora?

freemixer25
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HeroOfAwesomeness on Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:55 am

Garland was once a knight of Cornelia, and one of Cornelia's finest swordsman. If you ever played FF1, then you would know that Garland used to be a good guy until something happened. Since this is the 11th cycle which has not been made into a game, rather than a reenactment of Duodecim or the original Dissidia, he will start as a neutral character and then join Cosmos' side temporarily. Though later-ish in the RP, he will probably be on Chaos' side permanently. So, relax and go with it. He used to be a good guy, so why can't I have his story in this RP explain how he went from a good knight to a Warrior of Chaos?

HeroOfAwesomeness
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Freddie-Ammerson on Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:08 pm

I want to join~ But I can't decide what character to use. :/ Its betwen Seymour, Snow, and Balthier. Is either of them fine?

Though I'm thinking of settling for Snow...
ImageImage

Freddie-Ammerson
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blademaster_v3 on Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:24 pm

You could be all three of them if you want to. I mean, you can take your time and make them at different times...but, I encourage everybody to have more than one character in this RP. Though, as far as who to start with...perhaps Seymour, as right now the Warriors of Chaos are rather outnumbered. Plus, we currently have all the FF10 heroes(except for Jecht) so it'd be good for somebody to add a Chaos representative for that game. Though, it's your decision. Not much has happened yet in the RP except for the Warriors of Cosmos being called to Order's Sanctuary. So, the Warriors of Chaos haven't really made their move yet. They'll probably start getting in the way of the heroes next time everybody meets in chat, though. So, it's your choice as to who you'll make first.

Blademaster_v3
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Freddie-Ammerson on Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:28 pm

Alright, alright. I've decided then. I'll make Seymour now, so I'm glad I started playing FF10 (I finally got my own honking copy). I'll add the others later, when theres a more appropriate time for them.

Edit: ...okay, as Chat has decided to be HORRIBLE to me, I'm going to do Seymour's profile later on. I can't bother to do it now, as I have a giant headache. And I need food.

Freddie-Ammerson
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby freemixer25 on Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:29 am

So when is everyone getting together again to contiue this RP?

freemixer25
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HeroOfAwesomeness on Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:44 pm

We can continue the RP today, and the rest of this weekend. It's just that I'm busy with school and whatnot during the week, and so are most of you probably. So...until there's a break from school, like Winter Break or something, we'll probably only have time for this on the weekends.

HeroOfAwesomeness
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby freemixer25 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:03 pm

okay sounds good, i wont be on till later tho im going to see "The Thing" So i may be back around 9:30ish...?

freemixer25
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!