Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Grey&Spectral

Goodies || Grey&Spectral

a part of “Grey&Spectral”, a fictional universe by Averagebear.

For never was there a story of more woe... before this shit. Fight as a Redeemer against the hordes of demon spawn in a ferocious crusade to save humanity.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Grey&Spectral”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Goodies || Grey&Spectral

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:13 am

LINKS: Tab ⇞⇞ IC ⇞⇞ OOC ⇞⇞ People ⇞⇞ Foes ⇞⇞ Kingdoms & Creatures ⇞⇞ IC Chit Chat

And here is where anyone can post anything they've created that relates to G&S that they'd like to share, be it back story to your character, fluffy junk you've written, a collab between you and another player, art, music, crack, WHATEVA'. Just consider this a collection of work related to G&S.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Averagebear
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Goodies || Grey&Spectral

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:23 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCAIN TRUESDALExxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Don't worry your head off, Granna, I never bring my lady friends home. 'Cause every damned time I do, they take one look over my shoulder and go 'Oooh, who's that?"

The eldest of the Truesdale siblings, born of a different mother (with whom he was vexingly unacquainted). He was a responsible, punctual, reasonable man, and according to many, a handsome man. It seemed he had every aspect of his life together; be it a steady, well-paying job or a betrothal to a nice young woman. He was popular among most he knew, had his presence often requested in various circles, and he was trusted as head of the household.

It was almost too stressful to handle. He had strong uncertainties about both his medical apprenticeship and his governess fiancé; felt shame over and blamed himself for anything that was out of his control, most notably the behavior and attitude of his own brother. The truth, the one Lucas never quite grasped, was that the "favorite" Truesdale was unhappy; an empty and miserable man.

Relationship (Lucas's POV): Outside
(Cain's POV): What If/Hate Me

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxLUANNA HEBE TRUESDALExxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Deceased

"At least you still have me."
"And a hangover."
"Oh, should I leave you two alone for a moment then?"
"Sure... Be a good munchkin and get us some water. Love ya, thanks."

Lucas's full-blooded sister, younger by eight years. Unforgivably optimistic, Luanna is under a constant need to express the best possible scenario, regardless of her personal, unspoken doubts. Though generally indecisive, she's strangely levelheaded in stressful situations. She is outwardly polite and modest, particularly to her elders, but does not take long to become a tad more outgoing and flippant like a certain older brother. She does, however, curse viciously when truly upset, which surprises many people the first few times they hear it.

Luanna pestered both her siblings to attain what he was missing (respectively by age, fun and responsibility), but it was not love that motivated her to do so.

Relationship (Lucas's POV - Past): Tell Me Where it Hurts
(Lucas's POV - Present): The Longest Night

Voice: Nink Kamikaze/YUI

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCLAIRE JESABELA TRUESDALExxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Deceased

"You've gotten so very big, but you're as stupid you were when you were in diapers. Stop slouching, you silly boy. Chin up."

You would be a hardheaded, strict and bossy old maid too if you were suddenly the guardian of three children, after your previous set of six all left home. Though with prudence and vigor still woven deeply in her bones, hardy old Granna was very aware her time was passing. She increasingly relied on Cain to manage things, and had faith that he would care for "the other two" when she no longer could.

Both her husband and father practiced law, and she herself has never lost a debate, and her name is influential enough to be a method of persuasion even outside her family (in that boogeyman "Don't make me call Mrs. Truesdale!" way: among adults). Though she kept to seclusion in her older years, she always retained her unfriendly nails and one of the strongest imaginable grips; many visitors leave with a remarkable grimace after a brief handshake (about which she quite prides herself). Granna Claire was always frugal, save the mansion she bought herself after her husband passed away.

Lucas's POV: Carmen Habanera (The singer also rather looks like her in her youth, dear, dear.)
Last edited by Wudgeous on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:20 pm

Fallon and Friends Theme(s)

Lucas Truesdale

Lucas:
Lucas to all the ladies and gents (Serious, and just plain true-facts):

Lucas to Nica:

Lucas to Fallon:

Lucas to Lilith:

Lucas to Vivian:

Ezekiel Mathis

Ezekiel:

Ezekiel to Amaryliss:

Ezekiel and Corliss:

Ezekiel to Fallon:

Lilith Cimon

Lilith:

Lilith and Teo:

Lilith to Amaryliss:

Lilith to Fallon:

Lilith to Lucas:

Vivian Cross

Vivian:

Vivian and Cain:

Vivian to Amaryliss:

Manon Hellreigel

Manon:

Greyais Be'Ureven

Grey:

Grey and Aura:

Grey to Lilith:

Zachary Kane / Alister Crow

Zachary:

Zachary and Isolde:

Flying Snow

Snow:

Snow and Sabin:

Amaryliss Sage

Amaryliss:

Amaryliss and Hank:

Amaryliss to Fallon:

Amaryliss to Ezekiel:

Fallon Rothillion

Fallon:

Fallon and Seletta:

Fallon to the Redeemers:
(NEW)

Fallon to Amaryliss:

Fallon to Lilith:

Fallon to Snow:

Fallon to Lucas:

Fallon to Ezekiel:

Fallon to Vivian:

The Tainted

The Reedeemers

Couples (Mostly crack; otherwise, to appease myself!)

Fallon and Lucas:

Fallon and Snow:

Lucas and Lilith:

Grey and Lilith:

Fallon and Ezekiel to Amaryliss:

Edit: New songs will have a stars or some other strange symbol next to it (when I upload a heap-load more songs on my iPod).
Ambar: Snow & Ash
"For these words, he won't come around here,
and his eyes won't see."

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:52 pm

These things are too big to put on here directly. WISH I COULD, MAN, TRUST ME.

Damnation, it took five years to color this monster.
I liked the idea of a bunch of midgets dressed in formal garbs. I don't think I need to tell you who's who, but what the hell:
Ama: started all this bullshit by instilling into me the need to put her in a teal dress. DAMN YOU. Cute and casual, because she likes it that way.
Lilith: Hoo-hoo-hoo-hooker dress, hoo-hoo-hooker dress, MAM MAM MAM MAM. Also, flip-flops, because she can and will. Smoke swirls inspired from Genie's entrance in Aladdin.
Ezekiel: You know a dude's grumpy when you can't tell if he's pissed about being placed between two flirts, or if he's just squeezing his eyes shut so that I won't make them huge and insectoid. He refused the suit.
Grey: He seems like a purple man, when he's not in greys and blacks.
Snow: I dressed her up as a bit of a princess, ahahahahurhurhur. It's the hair, it reminded me of The Last Unicorn.
Fallon: That is a watch.
Lucas: is doing his best stereotypical 20s gangster impersonation. "Nyah, see, nyah, nyah!" I was rather hoping he'd come out as a humanized Mr. Centipede but... can't have everything.

Oodlies of doodlies.
(left to right, then down and repeat).
Snow: She has a book-verse Elphaba vibe for me, hence the pointy features. I pictured her as a bit gaunt to compliment her srs nature, but without an overly long face, and with a contrast of very, very fair curls. Referenced Tricksy's drawing in that more than her profile pictures, ha. Lastly, sunburst tat, because I liked the idea of her having a sun one and her hubby-hub having some sort of moon symbol.
Grey: is a funky, funky man. His hair has been an experiment, because IDK WHAT HIS HAIRSTYLE IS, MAN. BOWLCUT?
Ama: Looks strange, but her hair was fun.
Lucas and Fallon: He ain't even mad.
Lucas and Grey: I think I want Lucas's face to be slightly less long, but I like how Grey looks like the armless dude from the first Assassin's Creed game, hahaha.
Fallon: How he ended up looking at the cat, I will never know.
Lucas and Fallon (again): Ever tried drawing something weird, then trying to caption it...? I ought to more often.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:24 pm

Sketchies

Doodles noodles:
Greyais and Fallon: Probably drunk. S'only reason Fallon's smiling. I think Grey'd definitely be a really, really rowdy drunk.
Grey: BUST BUST BUST.
Grey: Because that cape is totally Batman; clean-shaven, too.

MOAR TO COME. When I'm not so lazy and kick my scanner in it's face. Glass mouth. How dare it not function proper-like.

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:14 pm

THE 100+ QUESTIONS
((Yoinked from some dude on some website, btw, I DID NOT WRITE THIS.))
Welcome to over one hundred of the dumbest questions about your character. These are things that, if someone were to ask you in real life, you could answer without giving it any thought whatsoever. Most characters, however, can't answer this because authors never think about it - it's unimportant. Well, these things are going to help you define you character more.

Some tips: Answer these in character, but only in a situation where your character would be 100% honest with themselves and with the person asking the question. Otherwise, answer as an author, and still be 100% honest.

"Oh boy, another one'a of these?! Fun. Rr'okay, what've ya got. I'm an open book."
((Done with a mildly less aversive Lucas, possibly tipsy and/or tired, plus under the impression that he's with a familiar face (say, two weeks of great smalltalking). Or all of the above! Normally he might change the subject instead of sincere answers. Compliment your hair, scratch his jaw.)) 

Mandatory Questions
1. What about you is heroic?
"What about anyone is heroic? Not much. You live a life, you do what you gotta do. I try to help when I can though. Y'know, bein' useful..." He shrugs glibly, observing invisible stars.
2. What about you is social? What do you like about people?
"Ooh--! Gee, I, haha... alrighty. IIII liiiike curves, and I like feeling joints and bones under my thumb. I like heaving movements and I like flapping hands and eyelashes. I like close proximities, I like the touch of breaths and whispers and sighs. I don't like crying, or jutting pouts or whining. I don't like people clawing into me, but I like kisses and hugs. I like talking and I like listening, but only when it's around someone who likes it as much as I do. I like hair. Hair is nice.
"Hey, it was a broad question. I'm social enough to get by real smoothly, though there's still the occasional bump here and there. I speak the common tongues, verbal and physical. I like to think I'm honest, and that withholding information ain't lying. I tend to stare unless I'm trying not to, or have a lot to focus on like in a room full of people. I dunno. Good enough, I expect?"

3. Of what benefit could you be to the current group?
"Fuck, don't ask me that. Why does everyone want to ask me that? I can scout, I can cook--sorta--I can hold things for a minute, I can remember whether or not we just took a left turn right there, I can barter, I can schmooze, I'm a professional cartographer, I would know if there's darkseed breathing down our necks, I can save you from sudden bird shit, I can introduce you to the most well-endowed wench in half the bars we visit..." His fingers flutter as he struggles to come up with more before falling back to his side. "So there."
4. Why would you choose to join the current group?
"Hahahahaha, choice. What's that?"
5. Invent an adventure/plot that your character would actively undertake (as opposed to just tagging along)?
"Princesses and dragons, I dunno. Now you try!"

Personal Questions
1. What is your real, birth name? What name do you use?
"Lucas Truesdale, a pleasure. I don't respond to much of anythin' else--'cept Hans, on occasion. I'm not good enough to have a middle name."
2. Do you have a nickname? What is it, and where did you get it?
"Nope, none outside the short-lived ones and secret insults."
3. What do you look like? (Include height, weight, hair, eyes, skin, apparent age, and distinguishing features)
"Oh... huh. You get off to that sort of thing? Why not--I'm of meager-but-decent height compared to the folks I currently call comrades. I'm thinner than I used to be, but haven't quite reached a woman's waist size, haha... I do have muscle, really. Can't avoid it when you've got an active life, can't override it when you're prudishly averse to eating skinned rabbit. 'Course I'm a stick compared to the tanks, but who isn't? Brown hair, brown eyes, brown skin--uh--shaggy, smoldering and olive, respectively, for elaboration. I wouldn't know how old I look, but attractive enough for all ages, I'm sure. Like a festival. And I'm hot."
((He has a rough nose, like one carved from rock, and two faint shaving scars across his chin. His cheeks dimple when he smiles, and he has a sincere gaze when he's listening.))
4. How do you dress most of the time?
"Shirt. Pants. Boots. Sometimes just boot. Don't ask."
5. How do you "dress up?"
"I wear some chandelier-sized earrings for the parties." ((He doesn't.))
6. How do you "dress down?"
"Nakey."
7. What do you wear when you go to sleep?
"What I'm wearing right before that point, usually!"
8. Do you wear any jewelry?
"Nahh, one anklet. I don't much like smooth, shiny hard things rubbing against my skin."
9. In your opinion, what is your best feature?
"Depends on who I'm with and what they like.... Or hate, hahaha!"
10. What's your real birth date?
"Juu...une? No, September. I'm a Virgo."
11. Where do you live? Describe it: Is it messy, neat, avant-garde, sparse, etc.?
"Outside, in a dog house with a dog bowl." ((He's from a big house. Dusty place, too much space, bed far too big for a company of two.))
12. Do you own a car? Describe it.
"A what now?"
13. What is your most prized mundane possession? Why do you value it so much?
"That? Bad idea, trust me." ((If anything, his bag. It's a doorway to his necessities. Lucas doesn't really have anything on him to signify precious memories or lost loves. He does find this a little sad.))
14. What one word best describes you?
"Eeeeuh... good. In... places."

Familial Questions
1. What was your family like?
"Cold." ((Lots of ice and snow back home, you see. There was a definitive bond between them all, thin though it was. Very love-hate, also, lots of arguments.))
2. Who was your father, and what was he like?
"Broderick Truesdale, a paladin and third son of Claire Truesdale. I hear he looks like me." ((Lucas has fond memories of the guy, and they really are quite a bit alike--particularly the whole "forced to grow up so soon that immaturity has not completely died" aspect.))
3. Who was your mother, and what was she like?
"Beautiful. She would smell like spices and paint her nails a sort of coral color. I know her feet were tiny, because her slippers very nearly fit me when I was a kid. I know her name was Genna. I don't know her maiden name." ((She was inattentive and distracted by matters more grown-up than her children. Very emotional and self-centered, prone to freaking out over the tiniest of arguments.))
4. What was your parents marriage like? Were they married? Did they remain married?
"They didn't seem to talk much around me. My mom would tug me by the hand to go somewhere whenever I finally found them together... but they were married. I remember being scratched by her ring a couple times--though she wore a lot of rings, come to think of it." ((They remained in touch for the fleeting passions and for the children, mostly avoided each other, but they were once in love.))
5. What were your siblings names? What were they like?
"Cain and... Luanna. Mmm, I was smack dab in the middle, lucky me. One cared too much, the other cared too little. It's all pretty stupid, are you sure you wanna know?"
6. What's the worst thing one of your siblings ever did to you? What's the worst thing you've done to one of your siblings?
"Huh... Weeeell, I ripped one of Cain's good shirts right before this formal affair we had to go to. On purpose. Look on his face is still kin'na funny though. He, in turn, criticized everything I did, said, thought and felt. Nothing was good enough, nooo, but it was so simple! It was all so damned simple, and he could never get it through to me. Mm-hm. All I needed to do was grow up and be just like him, without a brain of my fucking own." He realizes he's sneering and tries to shake it off. He sighs through his nostrils. "As for my sister, best and worst thing she did; it had to do with this girl I was seeing--a girl who made me cry a few times and ah, pissed off my little sister as a result. I was... mostly a dick in thanks, honestly."
7. When's the last time you saw any member of your family? Where are they now?
"I dunno," he said, slowly and suddenly quite lost. He rubs his neck without comfort. ((Sister's dead, grandmother's dead, the rest are probably somewhere, he hopes.))
8. Did you ever meet any other family members? Who were they? What did you think of them?
"Granna raised us all, and her name was Claire. My parents left the house before the hormones hit me--though you wouldn't guess it from the tantrums, haha." He clears his throat with averted eyes. "Granna was... mean. Cain got a lot of it from her, and I'd make fun of them and... Well, my sister found it funny. She had this breathy, hissy giggle that I haaated, but the way she covered her mouth with both hands like this..." He lowers his hands, hooking his thumbs into his pockets. Anyway, it would have been chaotic without Granna to keep us mostly straight. She always had a reason for everything she did, and she took care of us. Cain took up the mantle and was just as annoying, but ultimately... it was good for me, I think."

Childhood Questions 
1. What is your first memory?
"What's yours?" ((When he was first introduced to Cain. Cain was eleven, Lucas was eight. Lucas is still somewhat convinced that after his half-brother showed up, his warm and happy and perfect family went awry--but in truth, he doesn't remember a damned thing from before then.))
2. What was your favorite toy?
"This wooden carving of a horse. I remember--one of its legs broke, and another one had been chewed up and looked like cheese. About yay big." He spreads his hands right between his shoulders; about the size of his chest. Pretty big fucking horse carving.
3. What was your favorite game?
"Picking on the other two, shoving them so that they'd roll downhill and get their clothes all grassy and muddy. Sort of a dick thing to do, come to think of it. Cain picked back at first though, dropped beetles down my shirt. Shit was it awful." But nonetheless, he was chuckling at the memory.
4. Any non-family member adults stick out in your mind? Who were they, and how did you know them? Why do they stick out?
"Waiting for me to say 'babes' or 'my neighbor's busty mom', I'll bet. No, the people who stick out would be the merchants in the market, and the weird guys who smoked in that one alleyway just outside the bakery. They were really nice to me, thought I was poor because of my grubby little clothes and gave me bits of bread. I was about this close to askin' 'em to kidnap me just so I could be away from home and hang out with them for a couple of weeks, heh."
5. Who was your best friend when you were growing up?
"This giiiirl.~
"Nah, she wasn't my first girlfriend, but she's taught me a lot about them; such as, don't pull on a girl's pretty dress, because you'll stretch the material, she'll get in trouble with her mom, and you will feel bad. Funny thing is--while I plain ol' didn't have anyone who wanted to give me the time of day, Victoria was basically forbidden from playing with all but potential suitors. I remember how she'd scratch her arms when she was nervous, and she was a very anxious sort, so her arms were the reddest stumpy little things you'd ever see."

6. What is your fondest, childhood memory?
"When I invented booze." ((When he was invited to play this huuuuuge game of tag, and while the invitation itself was flattering enough, he also did pretty damned good. The game went on all evening, and he got in trouble for coming home late (because he got so exhausted he had to sit around for about an hour to catch his breath), but it was worth it. He didn't usually fit in with the other kids, being rich sans nobility.))
7. What is your worst childhood memory?
"This one time I'd climbed over the little fence surrounding the garden in the square. Um." ((Firstly, he wanted to pluck some flowers for someone, and he is not telling you who. Secondly, he got a scare from a snake. It didn't traumatize him forever, but he'd always strongly disliked the bastards and did he cry like whoaaaa. Embarrassing as shit. Also it made his asthma act up. Awful awful.))

Adolescent Questions
1. How old were you when you went on your first date?
"Depends on your definition of 'date'. I think I tried to pick up girls about three times before a really... a one-night-stand that was something. Taking a stroll with a nose-powdered lady for the first time, that came half a year later."
2. It is common for one's view of authority to develop in their adolescent years. What is your view of authority, and what event most affected it?
"It's there. You cross it, you get in trouble; you avoid it, you're mostly fine; you hide the fact that you crossed it, and you're a bit greater than fine. There are some assholes with power here and there, but there are assholes everywhere."
3. What were you like in high school? What "clique" did you best fit in with?
"Clique? I didn't have anyone I hung around too frequently--if I did, it didn't last. Let's see... in a word, just one, I was a jerk. A bit better than when I was a snotty little brat, but," jazzhands, "jerk. The word 'insufferable' was used a number of times."
4. What were your high school goals?
"Be done with it. The tutors would rap my knuckles with this nasty iron ruler, so I skipped whenever I could."
5. Who was your idol when you were growing up? Who did you first fantasize about in your life?
"I first fantasized about this one woman--black, curly hair; frilly red gloves and a beautiful smile. I was working at the bar cleaning tables, and she talking to someone was just outside the window. I saw her around a few times after that, but I just too damned shy to say anything, hahaha. Didn't help that I found out she was married, but it didn't make her any less desirable either." ((His idol would be daddy. For a time, Lucas wanted to be a smiter of evil spirits, yes. He still has fragments of information from secret nightly studying into their techniques, though it hasn't been practical for him.))
6. What is your favorite memory from adolescence?
"It was raining, and I happened to pick the same weather shelter as someone else. We talked." ((He had sex in a church.))
7. What is your worst memory from adolescence?
"Getting caught. Nothin' stands out, just, getting caught in general was the worst thing in that time period. I was involved with ah, a few things that would have convinced Granna to choke me to death."

Occupational Questions
1. Do you have a job? What is it? Do you like it? If no job, where does your money come from?
"Right now, well, my job's preserving life as we know it, alongside some lovely company. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Leaning towards eh," momentary thumbs down "but I'm not dead yet, so that's a plus. Lots of stuff is provided for me as things are, but extra income comes from my side job and ties within the map-making community. With shit going down, there's high demand for good directions and short-cuts."
2. What is your boss or employer like? (Or publisher, or agent, or whatever.)
"I'm not sure I know, and I'm not sure I'm supposed to know; but currently we're being bossed around by a sweet little lady named Amaryllis. I like 'er well enough."
3. What are your co-workers like? Do you get along with them? Any in particular? Which ones don't you get along with?
"Are you gonna run off and tell them all the nasty things I said, after? Ah well, not sure I care:
"Ama, like I said, is a sweetheart. Not much more to it, don't need more to it. She's number eight."
"Lils is great--a good laugh and a good time. Bit on the boyish side, but hey, I dig that. S'hot so long as ya know not to take yourself too seriously, hey? Which she doesn't."
"The Forehead can suck on my balls."
"Prince Adam seems cool enough, if averse to taking it easy. Wouldn't mind getting to know him better assuming he won't try to tell me where he got the scars from."
"Tats. Seems intent on changing my opinion of him every chance he gets, and I like to think I return the favor. It's a familiar game, and not one I'm used'ta losing."
"The name 'Flower Pot' makes it sound like I think she's fragile or somethin', but that is not it at aaall. Ever gotten a flower pot thrown at you before? In the head? Ow."

4. What is something you had to learn that you hated?
"Urgh... surviving in a crapsack world."
5. Do you tend to save or spend your money? Why?
"Depends on what's around me. Sometimes I give leftover cash to pathetic-looking people when I really don't need it, sometimes I drink, sometimes I'm too broke for food, sometimes pesky squirrels invade the backpack and take all my valuables. Fucking squirrels." 

Likes & Dislikes Questions
1. What hobbies do you have?
"Other people, usually."
2. Who is your closest mundane friend? Describe them and how you relate to them.
"Rrrright now it's not really anyone that's still walking the lands."
3. Who is your worst mundane enemy? Describe them and why you don't get along.
"There was this guy I knew once--big and bossy--who just haaated me. Samuel, I think. He'd take every possible moment to humiliate me in front of other people with bullshit like 'getting with Lucas here?? Oooh you'd better have a strap-on for the pussy--'" Lucas pauses, then relaxes one balled fist. "Right. Movin' along, no one wants to hear me bitch, I'm sure."
4. What bands do you like? Do you even pay attention?
"Not back home, but in the smaller city nearby, there was an all-female (and at first all-virgin) chorus I was a huge fan of. They sang in distant and foreign tongues, borrowing the stories of neighboring races. I always thought it was cool."
5. What tape or CD hasn't left your player since your purchased it? Why?
"Tape? Player? Uh. I've never had the pleasure of... purchasing anything of the sort for my 'player.'"
6. What song is "your song?" Why?
"Bring me home or leave me be. My love in the dark heart of the night. I have lost the path before me the one behind will lead me. Take me, cure me, kill me, take me home." ((Not ~HIS SONG~ but it's the only one he sing-hums regularly. He doesn't often know the lyrics to things, and is far from a songwriter.))
7. What's been your favorite movie of all time?
"Is this something else for my 'player'?"
8. Read any good books? What were they?
"Not recently, no, but I always preferred the ones with pictures of monsters in boxes."
9. What do you watch on the Television?
((Meme, dammit, stop.))
10. When it comes to mundane politics, do you care? If so, which way do you tend to vote? If not, why don't you care?
"Nope. Everyone who cares, everyone that I know of, only get heartache from getting caught up politics. It's an exclusive club, always limited to the voices of either blood or high learning. I sure have no part in it, nor do I want any."
11. What type of places do you hang out in with your mundane friends?
"I used to frequent taverns with a specific lot."
12. What type of places do you hang out in with your normal friends?
"Campfires, but more the let's all get sleepy and drunk and miserable and awkwardly quiet sort than the merry singing and dancing."
13. What annoys you more than anything else?
"Know-it-alls and people who look down on others." ((Actually, it's other the usage of his name. He's very specific about how he wants it to be said, and reacts strongly to insults toward his family name.))
14. What would be the perfect gift for you?
"Why? Gonna get it for me?" ((Good company is acceptable enough, but he'd like portable wooden figurines, funny-colored inks, drawings/watercolor paintings, aaand just plain doing things for him without him having to ask will earn approval.))
15. What's the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?
"A giant crotch." ((An old bridge, actually, of solid build and reflected in clear water.))
16. What time of day is your favorite?
"Eh. That part of evening when the stars are all out. Mostly means that the day's pretty much up."
17. What kind of weather is your favorite?
"Not horrible." ((Breezy, but very sunny. Room temperature. Lots of clouds, but not so much that it's murky everywhere.))
18. What is your favorite food? What is your least favorite food?
"Soups." ((Warm and potato, preferably. This is a kid who never fussed about vegetables.))
19. What is your favorite drink? (Coffee, Coke, Juice, Beer, Wine, etc.)
"I like goat's milk. What's wrong with liking milk?"
20. What's your favorite animal? Why?
"Uh. 'Horses' would be too easy. Hm. Can I sayy... some sort of bird? Unless insects can count. No particular reason for either." ((Did you think he was going to say "the ladies" huh did you did you. He likes insects because they're SO TINY he just wants to lean in and get stung in the eyeball see the little details.))
21. Do you have any pets? Do you want any pets? What kind?
"No pets. Never pets." ((The greatest source of conflict between him and his sister. I wish it was just him being a grouch, but he has allergies to most pets, so haa.))
22. What do you find most relaxing? (Not as in stress relief, but as something that actually calms you down.)
"Baths... foot rubs." He wrinkles his nose momentarily at a stray thought. "The same sorta thing that calms most people down, I think. Also, I guess, the knowledge of when (and prolly how) I'm gonna die. It's morbid at first, but when your days are numbered, hey... It garners a positive outlook on life somehow. Like 'aughhh I'll never have to do this again for sure' and 'gotta make sure to see this-'er-that person again.'"
23. What habit that others have annoys you most?
"Mmm. When they try'da kill me, that's annoying." ((When they use that "I am being patiently patronizing" tone of voice, particularly when his name is called like that.))
24. What kind of things embarrass you? Why?
"Mooore than one would necessarily suspect." ((Try it, it's not hard.))
25. What don't you like about yourself?
He flaps a hand dismissively, "Things and such." ((His fingernails, his nose, his asthma, his silhouette, his teeth (not his smile, mind, he likes his smile).))
26. How would you like to look?
He stops, knuckling his right cheekbone and suddenly attentive. "Huh. I've never really... a haircut, by this point. I'd like a haircut, aaaand... maybe a more dazzling eye color." He flicks his fingers across his thumbs, as if to splash water at someone, "Purple!"

Sex & Intimacy Questions
1. Would you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? Why?
"I'm sure I haven't the faaaaintest clue what you're talking about, sweet thing.~" ((More heterosexual than anything else in practice, but very open-minded. And legitimately criminal to experimenting with the same gender, whenever the opportunity arises (unless he is tired). Hermaphrodites surprise him, but won't receive any form of discrimination (except unique pick-up lines, maybe). MAYBE HE JUST PLAIN LIKES BEING LOVED FOR A NIGHT OKAY))
2. Who was the first person you had sex with? When did it happen? What was it like? How well did it go?
"What...? You're asking me--?" he palms the area between his eyes, snickering self-consciously against his wrist. ((Give him a moment, guys.)) "Ooh, man, how long ago was this--twenni-somethin' years...? I think it was a whore." The edges of his mouth are still quivering. "Probably a whore. Let's say, red hair, a bit taller than I was, blue silk... Oh, and female. There were a couple men who were available for... hire, see, but I'll talk about that later. (It blew my mind because I'd thought they were meant for women customers, which is veeeery unseemly). As most boys were prone, far as I know--I went with some friends. Got in trouble because I'd yoinked enough money to pay for all four of us.
"For a time, I wanted to work there."

3. Have you ever had a same-sex experience? Who with, what was it like, and how did it go?
"Ah, this'un. Look on your face tells me you've been itchin' to ask me that. Well: Yes. Yes, I have ever had a same-sex experience. It's with no one you know, and... All right--between you and me, it was daunting at first. 'Course it was, man with a man, but I was scared shitless. Women ask you if somethin's wrong, you say 'nothing! you are simply so goddamned beautiful' or some other bullshit like that, and you get on with the nasty business. With a guy--my first time with one, at least--it was more... how would you say--? I felt like I could actually talk about it. Admit I was pretty fucking nervous, admit I'd never done something before. Noo, I've not got a single juicy detail to spare. Ask me when there's less ears about."
4. What is your deepest, most well-hidden sexual fantasy? Would you ever try it?
"I don't think it would be very well-hidden if I flaunted it about every time someone asks me that, heh. Telling you, no, but showing..." ((Lucas please stop drunk-flirting with the meme, thanks.))
5. What was the wildest thing you've ever done, sexually? Who was it with and when did it happen?
"It involved a... um. It involved a living animal--and another person, not just the animal. It wasn't my idea, by the way, I'd never even..." -He purses his lips and blinks back the emotional trauma.-
6. Is there any sexual activity that you enjoy and/or practice regularly that can be considered non-standard? (Bondage, Fantasy Play, etc.) Why do you like it?
"..." There was a vexed, thoughtful cheekpalm. ((He does like mediocre bondage, but not violent dirty talk. He's tried something with food (which he now finds gross), he's crossdressed at least once, on the condition that his partner helps him get into the outfit. Roleplay though, uhhh. WEEELLLL THEN.))
7. Is there any sexual activity that you will not, under any circumstances, do?
"I'm pretty flexible... haha. But no really, I'm willing to try anything at least once. And then I'm free to say no. Oh, but I don't like bleeding... but I've done that at least once before behind closed doors, so." ((Nobility. Always the nobility who want to do weird shit. He won't admit it unless asked specifically, but he doesn't like sexing up the upper-class for this very reason. Except the ones that enjoy the sibling thing, Lucas likes getting invited to the sibling thing.))
8. Do you currently have a lover? What is their name, and what is your relationship like? What are they like? Why are you attracted to them?
"Nnnooo, not as far as I'm aware. Not right this minute." ((-Redeemer group winkwink nudgenudge.- --Oh god he's giving me a disapproving look. How did that happen. WHO IS THE ROLEPLAYER HERE, MAN?))
9. What is the perfect romantic date?
"There has to be some laughing involved." Suddenly his arms were folded. "And sex." ((The latter is a lie unless you intend on going on very multiple dates.))
10. Describe the perfect romantic partner for you.
"Haha, what...? Okay, okay... Lessee. Someone who listens, first off--but responds, too. Someone who can relate to some things I've been through, someone with life experience. Someone who's been out there and seen things, rather than living a life of seclusion. Someone who doesn't back down easily... and likes sex, of course; I don't speak 'not getting any tonight,' y'know? And I have to care about them enough to scream at their stupidity."
11. Do you ever want to get married and have children? When do you see this happening?
"Noooooo. Never did, especially never will by this point."
12. What is more important - sex or intimacy? Why?
"Mm... intimacy. Sex is no good without it."
13. What was your most recent relationship like? Who was it with? (Does not need to be sexual, merely romantic.)
"Ooh, most recent sex relation was with a coupl'a fraternal twins. B'fore that was a fellow lonely redeemer." ((Most recent and genuine head-over-heels romance was with a chaste nun. He thought he could handle it, but Lucas being Lucas, he got frustrated and found himself a more willing dance partner. She was hurt, but never blamed him for an instant; which naturally made him feel like a giant douchebag and he's steered clear of her ever since.))
14. What's the worst thing you've done to someone you loved?
"Mn. Yelled. Never listened. Blamed shit on her that wasn't her fault." ((Cheating on a nun is up there as well.))
((Gotta say, that section just now lifted his downtrodden spirits for a minute there.)) 

Drug & Alcohol Questions
1. How old were you when you first got drunk? What was the experience like? Did anything good come out of it? Did anything bad come out of it?
"Whoa, lots of questions in a row. The good was that I learned how people would react if I was a little more outgoin'--this lesson I took to heart. The bad was that I pissed on someone and got in quite a bit of trouble. Moderation wasn't somethin' that came quickly to me. I was... a teenager, if not younger, and it was fun until the consequences caught up and damn near bit my ankle off. I mean this literally; we broke into this place with a guard dog."
2. Do you drink on any kind of regular basis?
"Used to! Back when I was fun and exciting and less..." His fingers swivel absentmindedly, "Dutiful."
3. What kind of alcohol do you prefer?
"This question hurts my feelings." He barely stifles a mock sob. ((I think I said spirits, before? Idk I'll check later.))
4. Have you ever tried any other kind of "mood altering" substance? Which one(s)? What did you think of each?
"If I did, I don't see why I would remember." ((He's still convinced that smoking any more than one puff of that stupid pipe would have killed him dead, right there and right then. POOR ASTHMA BOY.))
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Are there any people should not do? Why or why not?
"Hey, your body, do what you want to it." ((He will fucking nag someone he's in love with, though. "IT'S BAD FOR YOUUUUUU! COME ON, INTERVENTION TIME, COME ON."))

Morality Questions 
1. What one act in your past are you most ashamed of? What one act in your past are you most proud of?
"Eh. No point thinking about it, trust me." ((His lack of enthusiasm is contagious. Uhh... most ashamed of his sister being dead, which he still tries to convince himself is his fault (God knows why he'd want to do that). He's not proud of very much, which is depressing.))
2. Have you ever been in an argument before? Over what, with who, and who won?
"Ha... Many, many arguments. Over everything, with everyone, because I'm just generally an asshole like that." He exhales through his teeth. "... I don't keep track of wins or losses, really. More important's whether or not I cheat to get there, and sometimes I do."
3. Have you ever been in a physical fight before? Over what, with who, and who won?
"And many, many fights. 'Course I've been in a physical fight before, man, look at me." ((You just look tired right now, bebe. Uh, usually he'll lose, but more often than that, he runs. SUCCESSFUL ESCAPES ARE ALSO VICTOLY...!))
4. What do you feel most strongly about?
He's begun picking his hair for fleas, apparently. "Not very much." He hesitates for a moment. "Alright, proper answer; not money. Not power. Those are the two big ones I can be perfectly happy without--might not do well for myself, but I'm capable of being happy, still. I guess... at the very end, I don't want to be the last one to die. That's all." ((Roundabout way of saying you're scared of dying alone, innit, Lucas? "Nooo, I just don't like the idea of being surrounded by corpses." What the hell, get out of my brackets.))
5. What do you pretend to feel strongly about, just to impress people?
"Well, I don't believe I'm below anything. Once I acted like trees were the greatest shit in the world, had about two women I couldn't pry off for the rest of the night. Not that I tried very hard to pry them off."
6. What trait do you find most admirable, and how often do you find it?
"Fuck, I don't know, can we go back to talking about my sex life? Loyalty or sum'n." ((That's not too far off. Lucas respects a sort of diligent loyalty--not CLINGING but having a stable, unchanging attitude towards someone. Mostly applies to love.))
7. Is there anything you think should not be incorporated into the media or art (sex, violence, greed, etc.,)? If so, what and why, and if not, why not?
"The media...? Well, I, for one, think there are too many religious paintings about... Readying myself to be buffeted with stones any minute now." ((He doesn't care.))
8. Do you have any feelings in general that you are disturbed by? What are they? Why do they disturb you?
"What are you try'na get me to admit to, hey? Haha. Maybe~ I'm attracted to old people. Or children! Gaasp." ((Lots of his thoughts disturb him, in retrospect. He doesn't like how cold he's gotten.))
9. What is your religious view of things? What religion, if any, do you call your own?
"Not nearly religious enough for some people's liking, but I have a couple of faiths lying around here somewhere."
10. Do you think the future is hopeful? Why?
"This is something you shouldn't be asking a Redeemer."
11. Is an ounce of prevention really worth a pound of cure? Which is more valuable? Why do you feel this way?
"An oun--a pound of cure... Hmm. Prevention does weigh more, but a lot of times, we don't think to prevent things in the first place, y'know? 'Ehhh, it won't bite me in the ass that hard.'" Lucas scoffs quietly.
12. What's the worst thing that can be done to another person? Why?
"I don't know. What is it?" ((In Lucas's opinion, stripping someone of all human contact, and watching and laughing as they go insane.))
13. What's the worst thing you could actually do to someone you hated?
"Fff... stab 'im in the head or... somethin'." ((He can't even do that. He can't seriously hurt anything he feels emotion for--it's the neutralities, the things he doesn't care about, the things he can pretend never existed. To those, he can be cruel.))
14. Are you a better leader or follower? Why do you think that? If you think the whole leader-follower archetype is a crock of shit, say so, and explain why?
"Depends on where and with whom. Generally though, I like following. Makes people feel special and important."
15. What is your responsibility to the world, if any? Why do you think that?
"Living, dying; redeemed, lost; all the same to them."
16. Do you think redemption is possible? If so, can anyone be redeemed, or are there only certain circumstances that can be? If not, why do you think nothing can redeem itself?
"Hahahaha redemption. Ahh. I think I'm on the path of finding that out, so I'll get back to you on that." ((He doesn't think anyone can be redeemed, after a certain point. BLAHBLAH DOOMSDAY TALK BLAH. He pretends like he believes forgiveness is a thing in the world, though.))
17. Is it okay for you to cry? When was the last time you cried?
"Nah, not really, but it happens anyway." (("Wuss" is one of his most hated words.))
18. What do you think is wrong with MOST people, overall?
"They don't get laid enough, or they get laid too much." ((Snotty, uppity, better-than-thou attitudes.))

Post-Supernatural Awareness Questions 
1. When did you go through whatever made you supernatural? What was it like (in your opinion)?
"Oh... wow. Really? You're asking me this? Agh, fine. It was awful and it happened... two or three years ago, I think. Yep."
2. What do you think now of being supernatural? Is it cool, or have you been screwed?
"Screwed sideways." ((He's not too fond of it. IT HAS IT'S MOMENTS but for the most part, he considers it a bother.))
3. Do you have a mentor? Who are they? How did you become their student?
"Basic trainers, no one special comes to mind. I had to deal with my special little magic package by myself, for the most part, since no one can feel FOR me, yeah? Nor show me how to feel. Haha."
4. Do you have any magical items? Where did you get them?
"Noo no and no."
5. What do you think of the other denizens of the World of Darkness? Why for each? (If you haven't met something, do you think it exists, and if it does, is that bad or good?)
"The World of--is that what they're calling us? Lame. I already told you what I thought of several, remember?"
6. Think of a major event that happened during your training/initiation. What was it?
"Lost my other tooth to some dickbag in the thirties ranking."
7. What is something you had to learn during your training that you hated? Why did you hate it?
"Having to learn is generally painful enough." ((Not becoming an abomination during sex. IT'S OKAY condoms help.))

Miscellaneous Questions 
1. What is the thing that has frightened you most? Do you think there is anything out there that's scarier than that? What do you think that would be?
"Aside from the nightmare we're all forced to go through; there was my sister's health. There's... no, there's been nothin' worse."

2. Has anyone or anything you've ever cared about died? How did you feel about it? What happened?
"Hahaha..."
3. What was the worst injury you've ever received? How did it happen?
"I got a full blade in the shoulder blade once. My teammates weren't paying attention and one demoni happened to be sneaky." He shakes his head, but laughs lowly.
4. How ticklish are you? Where are you ticklish?
"I never know what sort of question to expect next, do I? I ain't telling you that, you find out on your own." Vaguely, he looks playful again. ((IN THE FEET hence his acting sort of awkward when mentioning "foot rubs." Also the sides of his neck. Sometimes he'll pretend to be ticklish even if he isn't.))
5. What is your current long term goal?
Jazzhands.
6. What is your current short term goal?
"Water. Throat's parched, thanks to you."
7. Do you have any bad habits? If so, what are they, and do you plan to get rid of them?
"I bite my nails, but I've got no plans to fix this groundbreaking dilemma."
8. If you were a mundane person, what would you do with your life? What occupation would you want, and how would you spend all your time?
He raises his hands as if to begin an elaborate description, then merely drops them to his sides.
9. What time period do you wish you had lived in? Why? (Looking at this as an attempt to change history doesn't count.) What appeals to you about this era?
"No time but the present, baby."
10. How private of a person are you? Why?
"Uh... that depends on how much I've had to drink and... how sleepy you catch me. Private enough not to be a bother, I like to think."
11. If you were to gain an obscenely large sum of money (via an inhertiance, a lawsuit, a lottery, or anything else) what would you do with it?
"Make it rain money." ((Probably would save some to buy shit.))
12. What would you wish for if you found a genie?
"Hum. Some people. I'd wish for some people."
13. What do you do when you are bored?
"Daydream. Wiggle my toes. Put my left arm in, put my left arm out."
14. What is the most frightening potential handicap or disfigurement you can conceive of? What makes it so frightening?
"Losing my... head. That's always scary, isn't it? I don't think I'd much like losing my hands, either. Wouldn't be able to do anything." ((He doesn't like relying on other people too much.))

"Wha--? THAT was the last question? Mannnn what is wrong with you..."

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:12 pm

so I just did this

obviously really sketchy but it amuses me nonetheless, ahahahahhaha. oh lucas.

Averagebear
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:46 pm

It's pretty fucking ridiculous--I run into a Lucas lookalike about once every two weeks, and sorta freak out a little too much each damned time. Thought I'd dive into my collection and list them out (alongside the place I got the bastards from).

James Remar (70s - The Warriors)
Leonard Whiting (60s - Romeo and Juliet)
Malcolm McDowell (70s - Clockwork Orange)
Gaspard Ulliel (Who I realized later is, curiously, RAPHAEL. Ahaha.)
Stephen Moyer (True Blood.)
Luke Pasqualino (Skins.)
Chace Crawford (Gossip Girl.)
And this excludes the shit with dudes whose names I can't find. 8[ Fff.

And while I'm at it there is WAY too much Lucas in this thread...

Fallon: Roland Lesaurus (Suikoden).

Amaryllis: Leslie Mann (George of the Jungle, etc, etc); Felicia Day (Doctor Horrible, etc, etc).

Snow: Selma if she had white hair and... etc (Suikoden); This cosplay of Lady Amalthea (The Last Unicorn.)

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Thu May 17, 2012 6:07 pm

Music sharing time
Volbeat Corner....!

Well, mostly Volbeat. Because I love them.

A Better Believer: Teo to Lilith; potentially Sabin to Snow, too.
Fallen: Fallon to Horrus; Lucas to Broderick. I'd be lying if I said this song didn't make my lip quiver.
A New Day: Roussan.... I know he's not in this roleplay but VOLBEAT DAMMIT.
16 Dollars: Lucas.

Cherry Bomb - Joan Jett: Lilith
Bird's Nest: Also makes me think of Lilith for some reason.
Face to the Floor - Chevelle: Greyais. He would totally say "vamonos," too.
Savior - Rise Against: Ama and West.
24 - Jem: Snow (dream phase)
Amaranth - Nightwish: Ezekiel.
Amethystium - Strangely Beautiful: UH, GENERAL USE. It's pretty okay.
The Moon and the Night Spirit - The Secret Path: Fff mostly linking for the pictures. Luanna at 0:24, Snow? at 0:45, Luanna again at 1:33, NICA at 3:07 , Young Ama at 3:25, Nica again at 3:23
Yukiko's Theme: Snow. YES I DID, HEHH.

Last but in no way least:
Lucas: Omagad, we're back again.
Fallon: Brothers, sisters, everybody sing.
Ezekiel: Gonna bring the flavor, show you how.
Greyais: Gotta question for you, better answer now, yeah.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Fri May 18, 2012 12:01 pm

Seriously, woman. You've introduced / and got me addicted to Volbeat. Shame on me for not knowing who they were. Tee-hee, Fallon would scowl-face if he knew who the Backstreet Boy's were. Silly lady-like men. It'd go something like this, sans smirking, "... What is this, a Tainted brothel? Reminds me of a certain Sensor." Yukiko's theme is totally Snow. Also, I find that a lot of Chevelle's songs remind me of Greyais. Or anything moderately silly. Me gusta, Wudge, me gusta. Also, yes. Yes, Roussan. Y FOR ARE YOU NOT MORE ACTIVE, BEAR-SAMA? OH MY GOD I JUST LOOKED AT LUCAS' PROFILE AND SAW HIS NEW PICTURE, THIS MUST BE DONE IN ALL CAPITALS. Adorable. Adorable. I love it to death and back. That's completely, totally, eccentrically Lucas. With the hair-mustache. He's so classy.

More Music Sharing Time ; Fallon's Friend's

Bird Song Intro by Florence & The Machines: Snow and Sabin; possibly, Amaryliss to the Redeemer's.
Bedroom by Florence & The Machines: Lilith to Theo, or just Lilith in general.
With Wings by Amy Stroup: Fallon to Amaryliss.
Turning Page by Sleeping at Last: Sabin to Snow, because in my head, though I don't really know his personality, I think he adored her with his whole heart. And he was older, so maybe he was able to demonstrate / express it better. I'm a sap, so sue me); Also, I think if Lucas really fell in love, it'd sound like him being all full of fluff.
Guarded by Kevin Daniel: Amaryliss, primarily about Hank. This, "I can't be whole until I let all this anger go," and this, "I can't be with you, I don't even want to, I just wish your ghosts were gone."
Fire Escape by Civil Twilight: The Redeemer's.
For Blue Skies by Strays Don't Sleep Could be used for each Redeemer, really. Fallon to Selleta; Snow to Sabin, Geoff, Marina; Lilith and Lena.
Civilian by Wye Oak: Lilslilslils.
It Was The Night by Other Lives: Amaryliss and Ezekiel, to Fallon.
I Need a Hero covered by Ella Mae Bowen: Ama.
Heartbeat by The Fray: Fallon and Lucas.

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:23 pm

More, more, more Music Sharing Time ; Fallon and Friends ; The Redeemer Company:
Shouldn't Be a Good in Goodbye - by Jason Walker : The Redeemer's.
Holding On and Letting Go - by Ross Copperman : The Redeemer's.
We Are Unbreakable - by Hedley : The Redeemer's.
Opportunity Nox - by Roxette : Lucaslucaslucaslucaslucas.
How To Break a Heart - by Nikki : Manon; now, I'm not exactly sure why but I always picture her being incredibly close to her family -- despite being bossed around by them, maybe during the battle, one of them sacrificed themselves to save her. Being so completely broken after what happened to them, and unable to keep things together despite the Redeemer's situation with saving the world and all: it reminds me of her. Clan loyalty and such, I love relationships like that. So, this is specifically about her current struggles with what she's presently done, what she's been through, and how she's trying to handle them.
Iridescent - by Linkin Park : Ezekiel to Fallon.
Find a Way - by Safetysuit : Fallon to Lucas, eventually.
Out Tonight / Another Day : Firstly, Lucas to Fallon, then Fallon to Lucas. Yes, because I totally agree that Lucas would, "put on a tight skirt and flirt." And he'd be sassy and beautiful, you guys' all know it. Now, try picturing Lucas prancing around in her outfit. Dare ya', dare ya'.
Light Lag - by DECO*27 : Amaryliss.
Ashes of Dreams - Nier Soundtrack : Snow.
Sora - by Yoko Kanno Snow.

Christiny Yang reminds me of Lilith, and she's my favourite, by far. Ahruhrurhurhruhrur I love you, Lilith.

Emotional Wreck Timez ; Fallon and Friends
Losing Your Memory - Ryan Star : Fallon to his mother.
Never Let Me Go - Florence and the Machine : Amaryliss, just before West found her.
I'm In Here - Sia : Amaryliss, again.
Be Still - The Fray : Lucas to Luanna.
Lullaby - Sia : Manon about her clansmen, her family, those she's lost; could be directly after she wakes up and realizes that everyone's gone.
I'll Never Forget You - Birdy : Snow to Sabin.
Take Me Somewhere Nice - Mogwai Lilith and Theo; last moments together.

Shattered - Trading Yesterday : Fallon to Lucas.

GREY WHERE ARE YOU WHAT THE HELL I MISS YOU.

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:39 pm

Lookalikes Cont.
Lilith, what are you doing hanging out with strange boys?
And Grey! Grey! Get a haircut.

Singy Songs.
Whoa oh - Forever the Sickest feat. Selena Gomez Lucas feat. Lilith.

End of Me - Lilith. Marion Raven is just makes very, very Lilith music. Weird, dark, raw.
Heads will Roll - "reality"!Lilith and/or Lilith fighting theme. (Marion Raven. Again. Told you.)
Die for You - Megan McCauley. Lilith and Teo. So much. How have I forgotten about this song for so long I don't even

Say Your Number - VOLBEAT, goddammit. <3 Greyais. Maybe during his initiation. Nurse, get this man more demoni blood, stat.

Iris - Leona Lewis. Amaaa, to each her "children," living or otherwise.

Come on, Come in - Velvet Revolver. West. I... yes, I'm on a Fantastic Four OST kick today SHUT UP.

Everything Burns - Anastacia feat. Ben Moody Snow feat. Fallon. Individual and Elven plights and whatnot.

Here I am - Marion Raven. Truesdale siblings. Family angst, family aaaangst.

Yoni, did you watch the whole Rent movie? BECAUSE THIS SCENE. Lucas and Fallon. So totally yes yes. Almost-stripping, "kiss pookie," and boob smoosh included. We need more hostile chest bumps in this roleplay.
(Lucas is the Wicked Witch of the West ahahahahah. And for some reason it feels so IC for Fallon to have to be PROVOKED into song "dsjfkbksjfffffffff I LOOK BEFORE I LEAP >>>BT")

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:32 pm

Shiiiiiiit. It's 1:30AM.

I N D I V I D U A L

Snow:
Fallon:
Ezekiel:
Amaryliss:
Lilith:
Manon:
Lucas:
Grey:
Unknown Man (Oprah):

R E L A T I O N S

Day Old Hate - City and Colour - Fallon and Ezekiel
Here in Your Arms covered by Samuel and Kristin - Sabin and Snow
Breathe Again - Sara Bareilles - Snow and Sabin
Last edited by Yonbibuns on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby onetrickpony on Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:42 am

I know I'm not nearly as good at it as Yonni, but I thought I'd give it a go :3 And because I'm so bad at it, I feel a need to justify my picks otherwise it will just seem like I put my playlist on shuffle and picked the first songs but that is NOT WHAT HAPPENED I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET THE PERFECT SONGS FOR days now.

This is in alphabetical order to the best of my sleep deprived knowledge.

Mama Ama
You know... cuz the three layers of music match up to sounding like the past, present, and future of her life, except they intermingle and constantly interact with each other.

Papa Ezekiel
Because it's incredibly restrained yet dark and somehow seems potentially explosively violent and so sad all at the same time. It's something like the soundtrack to everything he does. I can imagine how gloriously strange fight scenes with him would be to this music.

Baby Fallon
I like to imagine Fallon's face and ears twitching and fingers clenching to the music.
And then the voice of his ancestors in Lana: "All that you can see beneath the sun, is what is made by humans."

50 Shades of Greyais
"In your snatch Fitzpleasure, broom-shaped pleasure." I really needn't say more, but I will say this song has swagggaa and humor and badassery in it.

The love of my life, Lilith
"Get a little closer, let fold / cut open my sternum, and pull /my little ribs around you /the lungs of me be crowns over you."

No what happened to her was not at all inspired by the lyrics of this song not even a little bit.

Lucas who gets no nickname because he gets two songs && I literally could not decided between the two
Both for the same reasons though. The lyrics, the humor, the fun the music has, and because I can't help but smile when listening to them.

Silly Little Manon
Because the lyrics are literally customized for Manon: "When they love you, and they will / Tell em all theyll love in my shadow / And if they try to slow you down / Tell em all to go to hell." And this jam is rockin'--like her tits. >;{D

Nica's one has this baller ass music video everyone in the world should see.
No seriously watch the music video. And the music is strange and personally I'm not sure whats going on just like with Nica. But it's small and girlish and seems all fragile and ghostly.

Beautiful Snowflake also has a cool music video.
I see a camera spinning around Snow to this song, the wind blowing in her beautiful hair. And the lyrics. All the lyrics.
"Erased from the darkness / The rules of decay fold like bones given back to the earth / I'll vacuum the spaces used to separate me from you, / you from me, death from birth / My aim is slightly high /In the silent night x2 / If the stars can align all of man with night sky / Then why can't my heart mend the break? /But I'll love you the same / Cause it's only a dream, / and the dreamer is bound to awake / My aim is slightly high / In the silent night."

And you can't forget Oprah (because he haunts your dreams)
Sounds like bees and sounds scary and like an awesome fight.
Carpe diem bitches.

onetrickpony
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:32 pm

Okay, I'm super-bad at this game, so I'm going to make it even more difficult for myself because that makes perfect sense.

So, all of these choices are filtered through Snow's mentality first, which means that she thinks they are appropriate for the other characters/they are also possibly representative of her MOSTEST SECRETEST POSSIBLY SUBCONSCIOUS FEELINGS TOWARDS OR ABOUT THEM. Oh god. Also, I'm on a classical music kick lately, so my apologies if the selections bore anyone. And like Trick, I kinda feel the need to justify myself, but not completely 'cause it would amuse me if you guessed the implications some way other than what I had in mind.

Amaryllis:
Waltz of the Flowers- Tchaikovsky: Deceptively light. It's sort of a weird mix of power and whimsy, but even when it's in-your-face, it doesn't lose a sort of gracefulness. It's a full sound, though, and not too airy or capricious.
Ave Maria- Schubert: I'm cheating, this one has vocals, but they're in German (I think), so I'm pretending it doesn't count. This is an homage to Ama's maternal side.

Yes, she gets two because she's special. Also, my head is starting to hurt because the only wat to listen to this stuff is so loud that it floods your ears.

Lilith:
Sabre Dance- Khachaturian: Needlessly extroverted, but... not intolerable. Haha, it's about as sassy as this kind of music ever gets, and also kind of fast-paced/impulsive/flighty; all ways in which Snow would describe Lils.

Manon:
Ride of the Valkyries- Wagner: Ponderously powerful. Actually, this one almost went to Ezekiel first, but it's better suited to Manon. It's impactful (I'd say large, but I'm not sure songs can be that), aggressive, and though Manon isn't most of the time, Snow is suspicious that she can be, and also proud. Plus it's about kickass warrior women, which is why I would have picked it.

Greyais:
Entry of the Gladiators- Fucik: Ostentatious. Okay, that was mostly because I could, but it kind of applies. It's all kinda like "look at me! I'm a big silly showboater but people like me anyway!"

Ezekiel:
Piano Concerto No. 5- Beethoven: Thunderous, stern. Respectable in constancy, but inflexible. Ehe, something like that. It's a very powerful piece to be sure. Also, don't listen to the whole thing unless you're really interested. It's a bit longish.

Lucas:
Orpheus in the Underworld Overture- Offenbach: Despite the name, it's very light, playful, and then sad in places, and then kind of frantically intense and slightly over-the-top haha. Neither the man nor the music can stay constant for more than a few minutes.

Fallon:
Rhapsody- Rachmaninoff: ... This is Snow's much more chill version of a "calm the hell down, it's all going to be fine." I told you they were SECRET feels.

Sabin:
Second Waltz- Shostakovich: Good lord, she's bad at moving on.

The Demoni/Oprah/Beezelbub/Whatever:
Dance of the Knights- Prokofiev: This one should be pretty obvious- just listen to it haha. Also kinda reminds me personally of Darth Vader.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:53 pm

Amaryllis: We Bought a Zoo | Jónsi
Beautifully contemplative, so appreciative of nature and all its children. Reminds me of a baby's mobile at the end. :'(
Amaryllis (again): Dark Phoenix Tragedy
For those times she's not so gentle. Ain't number eight for nothin'. I was gonna hold off on this one until her post was up, but ehhh. By the way, sort of a tangent but I'll bet BRAVE WOULD BE HER FAVORITE MOVIE IN THE WHOLE WORLD. You should see it if you haven't already, Avs. :| It's just. Bwahahaha.

Lilith: Assassin's Tango | John Powell
No words necessary. :P I'll just try for movies for everyone else, while I'm at it. I see her enjoying... er... 300? All those sweaty half-nude men? Or else something terrible she can laugh her ass off at, like Dragon Wars.
Teo (and Lilith): I Don't Wanna be in Love | Good Charlotte

Greyais: Turn the Beat Back/Cody Theme | SF4 OST
Snazzy. Slumdog Millionaire? Though I'm sure he won't be too into movies.

Fallon: The Kill|30 Seconds to Mars
Cheer up, Billy buddy. Brokeback Mountain Something about protagonist growth and friendship. Say, Jason and the Argonauts.

Snow: Forbidden Friendship | John Powell
For when she's finally able to move on from her past and see the beauty in today. c': The Prestige or The Illusionist come to mind for her, though I don't know if she'd enjoy them!

Manon: You can let Go | Crystal Shawanda
Our silly kids and their daddy issues! I'm thinking Get Backers. That's... not a movie, Wudge...

Oprah (I DON'T EVEN KNOW THIS SONG JUST MAKES ME UNCOMFORTABLE): Teeth | Shlohmo
If any one of you could listen to that from start to finish, let me fucking know in the OOC because I really could not. :|;

Aaand here's some more lookalikes I found while surfing the webs for other things:
IRL Lilith
And midget Fallon.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:20 pm

You guuuuuuys, they're all so BAD! Why are you making me do this?

Sigh. Okay. But you asked for this.

Yeah, so... tried to draw chibis first, 'cause they're supposed to be easier, but they're not and I gave up after Ama here.

After that, it was headshots without the slightest hint of angle to them, because I've never drawn anything in my life other than stick people.

Lucas was first, with the winking face of gahwhatthehellisafaceIdon'teven.

And then there was Eze, who I thought I kinda liked and is still probably the best one. That's saying absolutely nothing though. Skeptical eyebrow is skeptical:

And... then I drew Snow, only she came out looking like herself as maybe fourteen or something, I don't even know.

So... yeah. I'm just gonna leave this stuff here and pretend it never happened. Please be kind?

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby onetrickpony on Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:12 pm

Because
When Yonnie asks you to do something
you do it

onetrickpony wrote:Wudge...I thought you hated anime?.................I bet it's that guy...*narrows eyes*....

Smith, you just have to find a new identity. Your old one was dirty and perverse anyway. BE GLAD. It's a golden opportunity!!! You should be kissing Kiku's tiny feet. But you should have been doing that anyway. Lord knows I do.

Also:
Ezekiel waking up so many emotions.
Fallon
Grey
Lucas & Lilith, particularly the chorus near the end at the change...like a second or two after 2 min...even the pic...anyway...
Manon
Snow wakin' up. Get it...no words...cuz...she cain't use no words atm...
and
The saddest thing ever kinda reminds me of Ama if she were to die. It gives me shivers. Turn it up so you can hear the breaths and harmonics.

And I refuse to put this in the goodies cuz they aren't exactly good...so...

EDIT: AND THANK YOU WUDGE, I was kinda nervous to post this cuz I didn't agonize over it like I normally do. I was afraid I wasn't gonna play the characters correctly (since you know, I only play broody dark type characters obviously).

onetrickpony
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!