Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Age of the Colossus

Age of the Colossus

a part of “Age of the Colossus”, a fictional universe by Crooked Thoughts.

The adventure of an unlikely group warriors who band together for varying reasons to see the demise of titan-esque monsters. But, is everything really as straight-forward as it seems or is there much more than meets the eye?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Age of the Colossus”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Age of the Colossus

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:41 am

The adventure of an unlikely group warriors who band together for varying reasons to see the demise of titan-esque monsters. But, is everything really as straight-forward as it seems or is there much more than meets the eye?
[ THEME SONG ]

1. RP Tab
  2. IC
  3. OOC
  4. The World
  5. History
  6. Colossi Dossier
  7. Adventure Journal
  8. NPC
  9. Chat Pad

OOC

Welcome to Age of the Colossus. This will be the OOC page for the roleplay. Here you can feel free to discuss problems of the day, what you just ate, events in the RP, spam RPs of yours, whatever. We don't care what you do here, as long as you actually belong to this RP you can post anything here. Just make sure to do it here and not in the IC. If there is a problem in the IC, post it here and/or PM that person and one of the GMs, that way it can be dealt with.
Last edited by Crooked Thoughts on Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Age of the Colossus

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:48 am

All our characters are pretty much done, just waiting for Ice to submit her character. Then we should be ready to start. So, now that the roleplay is up, when would y'all like to begin?

It doesn't really matter much who starts, all of us here have the ability to set up scenes quite well. I figured once everyone posted once, we could then get into the first battle scene. But, what does matter is the scenario we start in. I had an idea, but if anyone else had plans and thoughts, feel free to throw them in.

Depending on whether we start off working for the demon king or not, I had a few ideas.

1. The first one is based on the fact that we are already employed by the demon king. We have been sent to Cold Rock to aid the dwarves in slaying a frost giant. Under the pretenses that this is just one kingdom helping out another and a small reward, we agree to help. However, we are actually being loaned out in exchange for very high price or something along those lines.

Once we arrive in the dwarven capital of Khaz Modan, we already treated to some type of feast and what not before leaving out. I figure we would be accompanied by by a platoon (50) of dwarf warriors and maybe a war machine or two. We are lead to an ancient frost giant city in northern Cold Rock. This is where the roleplay would begin, as the group arrives in the city. We aren't there long before we are spotted by natives and attacked.

Our enemy will be a Frost Giant and a small army of Yeti or something like that. Doesn't matter what the grunts are, I just figured they would be some type of savage creature that worshiped the giant. This will probably be the Location of which all this takes place. I also thought this would be the first morally challenged monster.

2. The other option, I figured we would rescue the demon king from sort of siege. I will go into more detail if we choose this one.

So let me know what you all think and when we should begin. Also, if anyone wanted to assist me writing up descriptions for the different environments and capitals, just pick one and PM it to me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:04 am

Well the second one doesn't seem to fit the idea of the demon king I had. While he probably couldn't take on the entire army alone, he'd have like 20 or so other possessed guards and the army of the supposedly strong kingdom to defend his island city. It could be argued that you helped defeat the enemy but rescue might not be the best word to describe it and he certainly wouldn't enjoy hearing you say it.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:15 am

Agreed. But, I assume you understand the basic structure of the second option: to aid in the defense of the city from some sort of invader.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:31 pm

Maybe a city could work for that, but Elysium seems a bit out of reach for an army that might have a chance at attacking it. It is almost in the exact center of the supposedly most powerful kingdom.

There could be some sort of strategy the king makes in allowing them to come that far in to utterly destroy all of them, but that would still take a significant force to warrant allowing them to march across his lands.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:10 pm

Exactly, thats why I figured the general of this army was a colossus. Probably some enemy who knows the truth about him and ether wants revenge for some reason or has tried to make a deal with him, but it goes sour. Either way, I was thinking the colossus would be a sea creature, maybe a sea serpent or water elemental. The army could be an armada of war ships or small group sea beast. With a water elemental leading the charge, it would easy to move past any defenses set up or we could position the battle to the opening between Aelden and Wyrmrot.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:34 pm

I'm kind of more fond of the first option anyway, but that's just me. Unless we did the second, followed by the first? Our assistance in the defense of some city or another gets us noticed, hired, and loaned out to the dwarves?
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:28 pm

Yeah I'm leaning towards the first one as well.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:52 am

Well, I'm not sure what our origin story will be with the demon king, but we can consider that as an option.

If everyone agrees, I think we can begin posting in the IC as soon as Monday. I just want to get the map finished and get this other OOC/Info Page posted first. Then I will post the IC and everyone will be free to post. I can post a small summarization of thing here for reference, or if you all would like I can be the first one to post.

Before we post though, I think we should at least discuss combat, NPC's, and control of the environment and random events.

I think all of us are at least experienced GM's and capable roleplayers, so it shouldn't be a problem if we all exert the same amount of control. Meaning auto-hits are acceptable, a small bit of god-modding, and general control of the RP world.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:53 pm

Well what's going on with Queen's character?

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:41 pm

I'm ready (and had no opinion on the two beginning options, I could work with either).

I certainly trust all of you to god-mod responsibly. Combat-wise, my character is more of a rush-to-help not rush-to-fight, so I'll generally be interacting more with the other players rather than directly combating the npcs.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:16 pm

She sent me a message when I first posted the rp, saying that she would submit the sheet soon. But, RL seems to be getting in the way of her free-time. Worst case scenario, she may drop the roleplay. If that happens, then we will start the search for a new member; it shouldn't affect the start of the roleplay.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:26 am

It kinda affects my character's motivations for being involved with the group. If there's no test subject to follow around then there's no reason for her to not simply stay home and experiment there.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:39 am

I forgot that... I will PM Ice to see if she wants to stay with us or not. In the meantime, I will search for a replacement and say we are mainly looking for female characters. However, if Queen does quit and we do not find another member by the time this starts, then we can always kill off a character in the roleplay that was your character's motivation. Therefore giving reason for your character to still be there and to look for a new member. This will also bond the group as they have lost friends and making it tougher for the rookie to get close to the vets.

BTW: I will begin the search with by offering the role to some familiar faces, like Skulla and Guy. They were interested prior to the start, so they might still be interested. If not, I will make the interest thread.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:46 am

Problem solved then.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ezarael on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:12 pm

Sorry to bother, but I did happen to notice the link in the Dream Scar Pad, I'm not quite sure whether you are still needing one more character or not so it seemed appropriate to at least post here and see if you were. By the sound of the last few messages it seems rather tentative, but I may be wrong in this assumption.

If there was someone else who expressed interest then by no means do I desire to supplant them, yet it wouldn't hurt to try would it? >:) Just kidding though. I'll check back here soon to see what's said, or just PM if you would be so kind as to expedite the situation. Anyhow much love from here to there and see ya soon!
Isn't it strange how Decidedly we
will chasE such an iNdefinable concept
That cannot truly descrIbe us no
maTter how hard we trY?
-Insert Credit Here

Ezarael
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:58 pm

Your assumptions were correct, we are still looking for a new edition to our little group. If you are interested, simply submit a character after using the character app and selecting an available role. If you are worried you can't capture your character's abilities with one of the classes, just PM me and we can work something out; as long as the class varies from the rest, that is.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:13 pm

Have the other people you were going to contact already renounced their interest?

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:32 pm

I just took the short route and posted a message in the Dream Scar Chat Pad, which is most of the people who showed interest in the RP hangout. Nobody has replied, other than Ez, so I assume he was the only out of the group still interested or the only one to read the message.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ezarael on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:55 pm

Just covering my bases here Crook. I posted this in the DS Pad, but which ever gets some feedback the quickest is fine since I'll be on the Pad for the next few days collabing with Shank and whatnot.

Hmm I'm assuming all the races in the world of AOTC are playable? I see also that ya'll mentioned you want some balance to the group though and similarities amongst the characters? Ahh never mind I see what it says now...too many options so they should only be similar in race. Alright now let me see... The Fey seem to be an interesting race I am not so familiar with in terms of RPing, and seeing as I was interested in a Druid-class it should work well together...Despite the allure of using a nymph I'm leaning more towards a Dryad, but a not so up-beat flavored one as you would expect. Seeing as they take on aspects of the environment from which they originate I was thinking of one kind of willow-ish in nature, well putting it into tree terms that it. Someone originating from swampy areas and whose personality resembles something akin to that of a swamp's...aura seems like a good word to throw there. Trying to break some of my traditionally compassionate or neutral characters with this one, like the female aspect as well and being a magic user.

Do you think her premise seems compatible (in a sense) enough with the rest of the party. I'm not so familiar with druidic abilities as well. I know there is a basic description there, but a little nudge or advice on the subject would prove a boon to jumpstarting me.

Ezarael
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!