Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Kairosa: Land of Magic

a part of “Kairosa: Land of Magic”, a fictional universe by Kaede021.

As a student at the prestigious Kairosa Academy, you study your selected school under the tutelage of the wizard-lords. An ever evolving RP of wonder and exploration, both of Magic and the world surrounding you.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Kairosa: Land of Magic”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaede021 on Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:22 pm

All questions may be asked here. Welcome!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kaede021
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Kairosa: Land of Magic

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaede021 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:21 am

Initially, I intended for a demonic mirror of Sanctus to be an actual school, but totally forgot to add it. So it's approved for sure and may be added as a school once I go through and edit a little. As for the class, I'd like to hear exactly what you have in mind. I'm not at all opposed to it, I just want to hear it out first. 

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kaede021
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaede021 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:15 am

Yeah, that all seems alright.

I'll list it under Abstractus when I get the chance. At some point, if we have a scholary type around, we can introduce "Infernalism" as a school IC, as to give a little flavor to it all. Maybe as part of an Event? I don't know yet, but I rather like the idea of Magic as a concept being explored within the RP itself. Gives it depth.

As you can probably tell, I'm fairly new to all of this, so any suggestions or nudges in the right direction are welcomed.

Kaede021
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anansi on Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:59 am

Seems like an interesting world, and I love a good GM driven game that actually moves along.

Would a character that specializes in two branches be acceptable? I've got an idea for a warrior style mage character who uses the Sanctus art of Healing, primarily on himself as a regenerative factor, and the Elementai art of Amalgaman, primarily to transform his weapon into various forms. Increases in power could include things like being able to rapidly heal his musculature and bone structure after workout or stress to increase his bone density, muscle mass and muscle density, thus increasing his physical strength and durability beyond human levels for the Healing aspect, and being able to control metal from a distance, or summon it from the earth to create more armament for the Amalgaman aspect.

Anansi
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby asfjnm on Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:09 pm

Hi I was reading the types of wizardry and I was wondering can I add a different sub-sect to Elementai that consist of formulating elements and using them as weapons. Like in the beginner stage one would be able to craft a sword form a puddle of water next to them. and as you get to master level you would be able to be in the dessert and create a machine gun that fire's water bullets from thin air. Basically the higher level you become you dont need as much of the element to create a weapon of it. I dont have a name for the style yet so if you could also help out with the name.

asfjnm
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Deallo on Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:06 pm

Kaede, What would being an alchemist entail? (Screw ya'll wiggly fingers mages :P)

Deallo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RiotTerritory on Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:24 pm

I made my character a pure Beast Magi (: Hope she's alright, PM me if I should change anything (:

RiotTerritory
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaede021 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:00 pm

I've accepted everyone who has applied and you may post after I set up the intro in the future "Events" thread. I'll get it up as soon as possible.

@Reborn: While you may be a necromancer, please set up a cover for your character. Necromancy is banned and so you'll have to practice in secret.

@Deallo: Think of alchemy more along the lines of Elder Scrolls rather than FMA.

@Anasi: That's fine, just keep the power level realistic. I'd also ask that you slow your magical progression a little, as to simulate the difficulty of "dual-wielding."

@Asjfnm: Sounds cool; how does something simple like "Elementai Weaponus" sound?

Kaede021
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsukiakari on Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:22 pm

So, wait... Are we making our posts on your OOC events thread, or in the posting section? I'm confused.

Tsukiakari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaede021 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:30 pm

IC content goes in the Posting section, like a normal RP.

The Events section will detail the current storyline, what's happening around you that doesn't pertain to a specific individual. Think of events as Story Arcs.

Kaede021
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaede021 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:02 pm

OY! Do not post OOC content in the IC section! Doing so will result in a baseball-bat-to-head response.

Please erase that immediately.

Kaede021
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby asfjnm on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:14 pm

how didnt mean to do it and im kind of new to the whole rp thing

asfjnm
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaede021 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:40 pm

Not a problem, just don't do it again.

Kaede021
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:19 am

Aww, I has hoping to be the only beast mage. Ah well, can't always be special :p. Hmm although I seem to be the only male character, that'll be suitable.
The Spice Melange occurs on only one planet in the entire universe.
The Planet Arrakis, also known as Dune.
He who controls Arrakis, controls the Spice. He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

Omnomnomnom

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaede021 on Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:50 am

Yeah, it's weird how concentrated it all seems. Not much branching.

Kaede021
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anansi on Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:01 am

I'll be playing a male as well Templar, see my previous post for basic details.

Anansi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby asfjnm on Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:30 am

I'll be playing a male Elementai Weaponous if my charater gets accepted

asfjnm
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby asfjnm on Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:55 pm

so where exactly do we start posting

asfjnm
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaede021 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:39 pm

I'm terribly sorry, but I need to go on hiatus for a few days. Personal stuff.

Kaede021
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kennith_Black on Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:57 pm

would you mind if I made a char?

Kennith_Black
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!