Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Phantasy World Online

Phantasy World Online

a part of “Phantasy World Online”, a fictional universe by Usui.

What happens when a game controls itself? Will the players fight to keep things right or fall under the power of the tyrant that controls it?(Open!)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Phantasy World Online”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Phantasy World Online

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Usui on Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:42 pm

Come one and come all.. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Usui
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Phantasy World Online

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheBouquineuse on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:38 pm

I. Love. This. However... I can't roleplay until next month. Is there anyway that I could create a character then... if this survives that long. I'm sorry to say it... It's just, roleplays die quickly around here :/

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheBouquineuse
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Usui on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:11 pm

I totally agree Bouquineuse and i try to keep my RPs going as far as they can. I'll tell ya what, this RP is always going to be open so long as people keep it going and what not. The stories created among the base plot and beyond will always accept new players so don't feel rushed just join when can.

Usui
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheza on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:38 pm

This actually seems quite interesting. I think I will make a character. Just give me some time to photoshop the pics I will use. I would like to be a GM.

Cheza
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:50 pm

This Rp has gotten my attention, and I thank you for it. I was just about to give up on Gateway seeing how there were no rps still active that interested me and everything I joined wound up dieing in the early stages. If it's okay, I'm gonna go work on my character now. (I hope my curse does not carry over to this one as well.)
O o
/¯/__________________________________________ _\
| IMMA FIREN MAH LAZAH, BLARRRRRRGGGHH!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯/

13lazer31
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby freakofnature on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:53 pm

Ahh, i love these kinds of roleplay's! though they are usually overkill me with information, or dont give ENOUGH. But this is good. i like this. ^^ I'll probably make a character for this, either human or Neko, but definitely a Bandit.

freakofnature
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Usui on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:09 pm

I thank you all for the encouraging words. I am definitely going to finish and get it all up and ready to go for you all and those joining. There will be rules of course but nothing limiting as hell.

You guys, remember for those who join: We construct what happens in the RP. I may make systems so things can work but if its confusing for people then we can change it.

ALSO - for my two characters already posted and made. I just wanted to show you how the template looks like if you want to change it to where it looks better (depending on your pc or screen size) then you can. Other then that - expect my characters too be complete and finish.

@Cheza - remember you have to be able to juggle two characters equally and the GM's second character can't be a BT.

Usui
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:25 pm

Got'a add a bazillion things still (As indicated by the WIP.), but I needed to know how well the images would merge with the information. (Seems I gotta swap the first image... Waaaayyy to large. :I) PRob'ly tweak a few things here and there, but I dunno how stats are raised per lvl/class. So that's a thing for later, I guess.
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheza on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:54 pm

Ah yes, I forgot about that little detail. Hm...I will think about it while I'm on Photoshop. It may depend on if I feel like editing another set of characters. Hahaha

We shall see what happens.

Cheza
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Usui on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:38 am

Yeah you gotta fix a few things but I'll explain the stats per level here... and add it in the info later.

With each level you get - you add half of whatever your base is....

For example with warrior it would be 120 HP as of level 1 but with each level he/her gets 60 HP.

Those who want to be beta testers. You have a 10-20 level limit.

Also try to interpret how what your spell does by damage and such as well. (Which if you don't get me - I'll set my spells up soon enough and you can look at those)

Usui
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheza on Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:38 am

What are gms standard stats and levels? I just submitted mine and I wasn't sure.

Cheza
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AceofSpade on Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:25 am

Mind if I reserve a GM slot? Provided they're not all taken.

A few questions also.

How do the attributes work? Ie. For instance SPD, will there be mechanics which dictates how it's applied or are they just rough indicators of the capabilities of our characters?

For GM characters also, you mention that they have to maintain 2 characters, are these characters played by the same 'real life' person or are they separate and played by different people?

AceofSpade
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheza on Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:52 am

I also need clarification on "are these characters played by the same 'real life' person or are they separate and played by different people?" as well.

Cheza
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Usui on Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:52 am

First question - Yeah attributes basically come into play when it comes into battling monsters/PVP (even when fighting NPCs/Players). The SP system is gonna be added to the Skill chart which is gonna be done by percent per use (If active). It won't be anything insane. Speed is just a show that this character is faster/fast. It doesn't mean you get faster per each SPD but it could be used mores as a helpful attribute when it comes to bandit/Marksman abilities.

For GM characters, I mean GMs must play 2 characters both different IRL people.

Basically playing 2 characters like i have.

Usui
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheza on Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:00 am

I don't think my question was answered yet. Do GMs have standard levels and stats? Or do we make up our own and level like everyone else?

Cheza
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Usui on Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:22 am

yes - and no one makes up their stats. GMs are automatically the highest (50) so basically calculate your base + (49xhalf of base) = the amount that stat will have at 50 for your class.

Usui
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheza on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:34 am

Ok thank you. Also, I successfully made my New Player. But I need to make her picture smaller. It's bigger than the page. O_O

Finished GM as well. I hope they are what you are looking for.

Cheza
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby freakofnature on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:28 pm

Hey, is it okay that i made my guy a BT? ^^" it sounded like fun~ xD

freakofnature
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:13 pm

Generic computer-nerd history away! Seriously, why do we even have a History... A-anyway, my Beta Tester is completed. I still feel like I should tweak my class's abilities a bit more, but after three hours of erasing/editing/tweaking I consider it done. I'll leave the final judgement on you, GM, and will edit where you believe necessary.

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:32 pm

Are you allowing newbie players right now or are you trying to fill all the GM and BT spots first?

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!