Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A.N.G.E.L. The Eniknight War

A.N.G.E.L. The Visual Novel

a part of “A.N.G.E.L. The Eniknight War”, a fictional universe by XxEvil1xX.

The Artomidian National Govt. is fighting a losing war against the more advanced Stratian Republic in a brutal battle for survival. Desperate, the ANG introduces anew prototype aerial armor that soon changes the face of war and blurs the fabric of reality

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A.N.G.E.L. The Eniknight War”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

A.N.G.E.L. The Visual Novel

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvil1xX on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:50 pm

As I have been weighed down over the past week with work and college I made sure I made constructive use of my time (as far as our RP is concerned) and came up with two very good ideas that I wish to share with you.
The first of my ideas I will not disclose just yet as it relates to the next chapter of our Roleplay as the Stratians get their first encounter with the eniknights. More on this will come a little later.
The big idea that I do want to share with you is this. Every one of you possess such a great talent in your well calculated creativity that this roleplay's success thrives on, that I want to do more then leave it confined to just ourselves. I thought that a great way to make this roleplay even greater would be to transform whatever unfolds on our page into a captivating visual novel series. I am pretty sure that there would be no objections to this idea if it were put into motion.
That said I want to make sure you as the writers are given the chance (tho not required) to be actively involved in this project.

For those who are not entirely familiar with the term Visual Novel, what it is in a nutshell is a step above a comic book/manga and a step below an animated cartoon (if that makes sense). It will use static images of backgrounds, characters, and props that will be tweened and transitioned into creating an animated feel, accompanied by music, sound effects, and voice acting.

Of course by default, all of you who have contributed to the roleplay will be credited as the cast that constructed the visual novel series.
However that said I am looking for talent to help in other areas of the visual novel's construction.
I'm looking for concept artist, music composers, background artist, character artist, voice actors/actresses, source providers, and anything in between.

Provide any input you have to help put the wonderful images produced in our minds out into the open for the world to see :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

XxEvil1xX
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy Contributor

Re: A.N.G.E.L. The Visual Novel

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsukiakari on Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:52 pm

That sounds, quite frankly, epic, and, were I skilled enough, I would gladly participate. Unfortunately, my drawing skills are absolutely awful, I have no musical talent, I can't act out even so much as a voice to save my life, and I don't know a thing about coding a computer program, nor do I even have any sort of connections to anyone who might be able to do something like any of that. I will, however, put my best effort into the construction of interesting plots as far as my characters are concerned, and give you full permission to use Aster and Aerionelle as characters - although you'll probably need to redesign them more than just a little bit, since both are imaged directly from anime/video game characters respectively, and use mobile suits as Eniknight/Exoarmor images. XD Still, I'll be rooting for you, and hope you manage to succeed in this project! =D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tsukiakari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvil1xX on Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:23 pm

Found a great art software I will use for set and character design called Sketchbook Pro. Its worth checking it out, very easy to use.

XxEvil1xX
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dethlok on Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:04 am

i remember back in the day you was trying to write a book?

dethlok
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvil1xX on Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:46 pm

Yep tried, lol however the one con of doing the whole roleplay in chatrooms back in the AOL days was you had to be an avid logger to keep the story documented. With all the cool spars that completely turned parts of the story upside down and stuff that went on when some players were offline it would have been virtually impossible. Because of that I attempted to rewrite the story off of memory however the problem with that is the material did not look as enriching as what you may have read in the chatrooms or on the awesome post these awesome authors have submitted. No, reading my solo story of ANGEL was a bust, you could really tell all the characters were written by one person and the fading memory of all the little details really made it seemed flat and rushed too.
This version of ANGEL is a very different story, to where now the only thing standing in my way is that lovely luxury of free time (and maybe a replacement wacom tablet lol).

XxEvil1xX
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dethlok on Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:21 am

this is fine with me..because i weird hours and sometimes i might not get to it right away.i do like the chars i see,marlo is one i like and Lt remil.azmeen i am would even be put off in person .it to me seems like it gives people char growth than in the old chats where you had to ttry to out race the other person as far as hits or someone trying to force something on your char..but i am really rusty.think i the last time i roleplay for real was back in 2002 or 03..in golden horn and myst

dethlok
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!