Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Savior

Welcome and Help Topic

a part of “Savior”, a fictional universe by Seveneleven.

After the invasion of dark and terrible forces, Seven Warriors are gathered to answer the call. One that pits them against a Dark Lord in a Tournament that will decide the fate of the world. ((Open!))

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Savior”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Welcome and Help Topic

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seveneleven on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:58 pm

Hello everybody! I am your GM Seveneleven! And I am proud to present, Savior! This is a Fantasy Action Roleplay of my own design. I invite you to enjoy an epic tale of Good versus Evil on a grand scale. This roleplay will feature moments of special action that are called Over The Top or OTT. Basically, I am going to take risk here and we are going to dip a little bit into Extraordinary sequences. Now this isn't godmodding, but this may allow a little more liberty than most roleplays you may have been, I don't know. But I am trusting you all to be responsible, because I have great confidence that you want to have a great time as much as I.

Anyway, I am here to help you in anyway I possibly can. Ask questions about the story ( though I'm not going to reveal any plot details), about the rules, or anything else you can think of that has to do with this Roleplay. I want you all to feel very comfortable here, and I want you all to have a real enjoyable time. Please look around, formulate a character, and reserve your spot before they are filled. Have a Great Day! :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Seveneleven
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Welcome and Help Topic

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Binsetsu on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:38 am

I love calling the helpdesk. So I did have a question! It was about the essences. What I wanted to know is: Do all the champions have completeish control over their essence before coming to the Scion's tournament, or do they only unlock the power there? And also, is there a specific reason they have the essences? (I imagine the second on to be a plot detail, but I was still interested.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Binsetsu
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seveneleven on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:59 am

Well I'm glad you asked! The fact of the matter is you all have some degree of control over your essences, but not quite, hence the reason of OTT moves. The other moves you have all constructed, you do have full control over, might I add. But like the rules said, no autohitting so you guys can make it that issue of control come into play. I would say that OTT move would be unlocked at the tournament, I mean that's how my character's OTT move will be unlocked.

As for your second question, yes that is a plot detail, in fact it's a very large one. One that I'm not going to reveal. I will say though it has a lot to do with history.

Edit: One more thing though, your powers are still evolving. That will be relevant if things go as well as I hope they will.

Seveneleven
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Binsetsu on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:43 am

Aaahh, I see. Very interesting. :) Then, moving on, as my mind can't seem to stop asking questions today. I was also wondering about religion in the world of Edáin (I hope I wrote that properly) basicly, is there a established religion? Or are we free to make up our own, should we like to?

Binsetsu
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seveneleven on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:24 pm

There are quite a few religious beliefs I have made up for this world. I haven't gotten around to posting them out here, but I won't mind if you would like to make up your own. Otherwise a lot of these beliefs have to do with certain regions and groups. For there are more factions and countries than just the Seven Great Nations. It's just the Seven are the Superpowers of this world. Think of Naruto, since there are Five Great Nations in their world, while still having a few smaller ones.

I digress, there is though a mainstream religion that deals with what I call fundamental beliefs. Concerning with your life's outcome, depends upon your life's actions. Such as good deeds, soul gets to ascend into the Ethereal Realm, Bad Deeds then your stuck in the Infernal Realm. There is a list of what is considered virtuous and there is also a list of dangers that drive bad deeds. I'll post this religion in it's own thread soon.

Seveneleven
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Binsetsu on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:59 pm

Awrighty! Question about the Quest system. :) Do we have to say in the Quest thread that we accept the quest, or are they accepted automatically through our characters actions?

Binsetsu
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GotDraggedIntoThis on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:28 am

Im so damn sorry but my post is going to have to wait one more day, normally my school isnt so hectic but the workload is really peaking and im not focused enough atm to post at a level of the others right now ;S

SO SORRY.

GotDraggedIntoThis
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seveneleven on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:40 pm

Well I would prefer that you would say you accept it on the thread itself. That way I know we are all on the same page and I can keep it organized. Either way, you guys will be doing the quest regardless because your actions will end up making you do it.

You see I just made up story quests. There are no side quests or anything like that, because I don't want everybody to be confused and have a mess of things to do. Instead I have the idea of placing challenges into some quests, giving more opportunity for rewards. These challenges will coincide with the quest itself so you won't be diverted from the plot, like side quests would have you do. Yet, this isn't official and I may just keep the quests as is.

If you guys like the idea of challenges in some quests then I can arrange to do so. There will be no time trials though, it would be hard to keep people posting within a certain deadline. I'm not going to place such unnecessary strain on you. Instead they would be more or less, combat or puzzle challenges. I will admit if you guys do have challenges they will be far and few between. Mostly it's just the quest itself, but on another note, you do not have to complete the challenges to complete the quest. It is optional, and you can chose not to do it, but you won't get the extra rewards. Like I said this isn't official, I will do this if you like.

@GotDraggedIntoThis: It's no problem! I get pretty busy too and well I'm sick today and not in the best mood for roleplaying. Once we get everyone's intro post up, we will start on our voyage. Trust me it's a bit slow in the beginning but bear with me. Things will pick up once we set sail, trust me, it will be worth it.

Seveneleven
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Binsetsu on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:32 am

The challenges sound pretty interesting, I'd say. Has loads of potential to add a certain Dynamic to quests. If you don't mind them, you have my full support to challenge us. :)

Binsetsu
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phoinex19 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:20 pm

Hi, can i claim the last spot?
Life is like a rpg: just do stuff, get exp, and gain levels in life skills

phoinex19
Member for 12 years
Author Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!