Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The King They Deserve

The King They Deserve

a part of “The King They Deserve”, a fictional universe by Mindfang.

All the regions fought valiantly for their King, untill that one has been murdered. Now, the regions are lost without a leader, fighting battles against eachother, for the King that will bring them all back to peace.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The King They Deserve”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The King They Deserve

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindfang on Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:38 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The King They Deserve"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
ImageLet's just take a moment to appreciate.. Me. :::;)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mindfang
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The King They Deserve

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:26 pm

I've finished my character. I thought about giving him electricity based magic but I decided to leave it out for know because I'm not sure how wide spread the use of magic is.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:58 pm

Also I just read Gille's profile and I'm laughing at certain coincidental differences between him and Alskart.

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindfang on Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:47 am

@Wake - The Magical abilities of a character can vary, but I'm alright with most, as long as they're not over-powering other characters, and there's a backstory to how the character got their magical abilities, and whatnot.

Mindfang
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:14 pm

Yeah but what exactly is the limit on magical abilities? Is there there a finite amount of it in people? Is there some issue with control over certain types?

I'm asking this now because I'm worried about whether or not non-mage characters will be severely disadvantaged. I've been in a lot of roleplays where everyone just rolled as a spell caster because we didn't have a officially set limit on magic abilities. And this left all the more 'normal' characters underpowered as a result.

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindfang on Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:33 am

Magic is a very limited thing, not everyone has the talent or ability for magic, hence I'm not allowing too many characters who posses magic abilities. Usually magic comes from following of a certain Religion, and very unpredictable since it's not as easy to do magic, as it would be if more characters in the roleplay could actually use it.

Basically, if your character posses magic, they would most likely rely on Religious Studies, or various Rituals, which can be both, dangerous and unpredictable. If your character has a fullfilled history with the attempts to use magic, like, he/she has practiced it since he/she was a child, then they'd be more experienced with it, to a certain point. Fair warning, it's always smart to carry a sword or dagger with you. ;3

Mindfang
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:07 pm

Alright that sounds work able.

I'm still planning to give Alskart lightning magic of a sort, but I'll wait till more characters are added as maybe a means to help encourage new comers to start as non-mages. Since I don't see any specific details on religious doctrine in the intro, I'm assuming each region is free to make up their own religion? If not feel free to correct me.

Also I'd want your opinion on whether or not my idea for his powers would be acceptable, just as a devils advocate. What I'm thinking of doing for Alskart's powers is that he uses electricity to enhance he physical characteristics. By channeling lightning through his flesh or weapons he can empower his strikes or guard against some attacks. However this ability is very costly and he can only use it in short burst at otherwise he'd risk completely draining his reserves. Also he can't use it as a ranged attack, since lightning is very unpredictable and he'd be more likely to harm himself or his allies.

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gintoki Sakata on Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:15 am

Holy crap! There's a Hawke in this rp?! Sweet! *fanboys*
I think I also recognize Kahlan from "The Sword of Truth".
Also! I'll get ma character up when I get home. On mobile right now.

Gintoki Sakata
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElsScales on Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:59 am

I just want to know if we are allowed to have multiple characters? If so, how many?

ElsScales
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindfang on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:01 pm

@Wake: I like your idea, it makes the whole magic limitations well planned and still effective. And as you said, I'm not giving regions any particular religions, so that every Roleplayer can give their character their own belief and outlook on things.

...Edit...

@Gintoki Sakata: Alright, take your time, thank you for informing me.

@ElsScales: You can have up to three characters for now. For noww.

Mindfang
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gintoki Sakata on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:09 pm

Character finished n' uploaded! Can't wait to start this rp. :P

Edit: LAWLZ! After reading the characters more carefully, I can tell Gille n' Alskart aren't gonna get along very well. xD

Gintoki Sakata
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindfang on Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:35 am

@Gintoki Sakata: Ahah, yeah! xD There's going to be some tension, especially since Gille's on Corona's Council. I'm going to finish up the locations, and post an introduction for each of them soon. Once I do that, everyone can start posting. I'm sorry for taking so long, I was away on an educational trip for three days. I'll try to make up for it!

Mindfang
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gintoki Sakata on Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:51 pm

Kinda late but, what happened to the Nix-Natum eldest? :o

Edit: Also. The starting post for Flores was put in 2 posts.

Gintoki Sakata
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindfang on Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:35 pm

@Gintoki Sakata - No idea about the Nix-Natum eldest, didn't notice untill now.

And about Flores, that's how it's supposed to be. uwu I should've posted in Flores itself, but I didn't think about it untill later and #Lazy

Mindfang
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gintoki Sakata on Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:41 pm

My bad. Didn't check where I was submitting my post. xD

Edit: Er.. Fallen. Why did you make a post for a character who's existence is not covered in the character list or even on your account? Moreover, did you receive permission to do so? Not to antagonize, but I'm pretty sure the rp would get really confusing if we made up a million different subcharacters, and there's no real way to find out who the heck they are. A few subcharacters are fine of course, it's just. The 1 you just made isn't tied to any of the main characters, so at the very least, he should be made into an official main character, yes? This is just my personal opinion, but if we're goin' to make up characters, we should consult the gm, or at least make a thread in the OOC, discussin' it. I have been in an rp, where we were allowed to make a few subcharacters, but they were just expendables to kill off in the big war scene.

EditX2!: I'd also like to reserve one of the sons of snowshade nocte please.

Gintoki Sakata
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindfang on Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:56 pm

I don't mind Sub-Characters, as long as they don't mix in too much with the main characters. Sub-characters are obviously going to be present, seeing as this is a big roleplaying world, I don't see how only several main characters could make it fully interactive. So I think it's okay to have Sub-Characters, especially if they interact with the Story or appear at brief moments, especially due to the current lack of main characters active. ^u^;; But let's try not to make it confusing, I'll make a thread for Sub-Characters as soon as I can.

EDIT: @Gintoki - Reserved.

Mindfang
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gintoki Sakata on Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:39 pm

Sorry about not postin' in a lil while. I'll try n' type 1 up today, but no promises that I'll finish by tonight.
Also. Do ya think we should check to see if Wake n' Els are still in? Cause I saw Els on a few times, n' he/she didn't seem to do anythin' related to the rp. Maybe just IM them as a precautionary so they know the rp started?

Edit: I'll also get started on ma next character tommorrow.

Gintoki Sakata
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!