Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Rise of the Nephilim

Rise of the Nephilim

a part of “Rise of the Nephilim”, a fictional universe by soulmiester.

In the year 2020, the war to end all wars began. Heaven and hell collided upon the middle ground, Earth. The human race was nearly obliterated, but those who survived discovered a great power. Magic. (Need 1 human to begin!)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Rise of the Nephilim”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Rise of the Nephilim

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby soulmiester on Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:36 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Rise of the Nephilim"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

soulmiester
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: Rise of the Nephilim

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hyperewok on Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:21 pm

I'm interested in playing an angel, could you maybe elaborate a bit more on what's going on with them?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hyperewok
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spottedclaw59 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:33 pm

Hyperewok wrote:I'm interested in playing an angel, could you maybe elaborate a bit more on what's going on with them?

It's basically Angels are trying to destroy the demons, and vice versa, while humans are just trying to survive the battling in Europe. Nephilim are basically spawn and are either half angel or half demon.

The demon's leader is Satan, and the Angel Leader is God. The entrance to hell is located in Australia.

Unless you have anymore questions? :3
ImageImage

Spottedclaw59
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby soulmiester on Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:15 am

Quite right! Angels and demons are at war with humans caught in the crossfire. Also, the stairway to heaven is on Antarctica

soulmiester
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hyperewok on Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:27 am

Yes, maybe a few. =P

What sort of abilities or magic do the angels have? Have they been fighting the demons somewhere besides Earth before the Apocalypse? What else have they been doing for the last few millenniums if not? How much does God get involved in things? And can angels (or everyone else, really) see/sense/detect/whatever whether someone is a nephilim and whether their half is demon or angel?

Also, I'd like to play a moderately high ranking and thus experienced angel if that's alright. Not necessary one of -the- archangels, just someone who's been around awhile and knows what they're doing and thus is trusted to get things done.

Hyperewok
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spottedclaw59 on Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:35 am

Hyperewok wrote:Yes, maybe a few. =P

What sort of abilities or magic do the angels have? Have they been fighting the demons somewhere besides Earth before the Apocalypse? What else have they been doing for the last few millenniums if not? How much does God get involved in things? And can angels (or everyone else, really) see/sense/detect/whatever whether someone is a nephilim and whether their half is demon or angel?

Also, I'd like to play a moderately high ranking and thus experienced angel if that's alright. Not necessary one of -the- archangels, just someone who's been around awhile and knows what they're doing and thus is trusted to get things done.

I think by the way the story line is laid out they probably were fighting before the armageddon, as one would kind of see it as a good vs. evil type of battle. But then, the demons decided to take it to the next level which the angels have to respond and it caught humans in the middle.

As for the abilities, that's more up to Soul's preception on what they should have. I'm sure you can put any skill as long as it could relate to the angels. (i.e Light control, healing, etc.) For the sensing part you should be able to have it if you just add under your characters skill. My character is able to do that.

Do have an idea on what angel they would be?

Edit: As for the whole god thing, I would assume he stays back and would act more like a general of some sort. Though tehn again, if anything he may be an NPC played by Soul, as with Satan

Spottedclaw59
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hyperewok on Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:54 am

She'll definitely be a warrior type, so her abilities would likely involve smiting and holy fire and sensing or defending against evil things.

And I asked about God since in some settings with heaven and hell he doesn't really end up being around much, despite being, you know, God. Which of course can be a plot point if God is mysteriously absent while demons are up to no good. But either way, just curious since an angel would notice these things.

Hyperewok
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spottedclaw59 on Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:06 am

Hyperewok wrote:She'll definitely be a warrior type, so her abilities would likely involve smiting and holy fire and sensing or defending against evil things.

And I asked about God since in some settings with heaven and hell he doesn't really end up being around much, despite being, you know, God. Which of course can be a plot point if God is mysteriously absent while demons are up to no good. But either way, just curious since an angel would notice these things.

If its a warrior type, I think you should just put whatever skills you want in it, then soul can have the final say in it. Though the powers just have to relate to being an angel or demon (Like say light-> Demon might be a no..). I think that's the main thing he looks for.

I think Soul will control god and satan to some point to influence the story line so they won't actually be actually "in" the role play as much (If that makes sense). Since the rp would mainly be about their um...People I guess fighting for them.

Spottedclaw59
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby soulmiester on Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:58 am

@ Hyperewok:
The most common power amongst angels would be the power to Smite evil, but others can heal wounds, shoot the feathers of their wings like arrows, and archangels can Sanctify the ground. As for the past few millennium, angels and demons have quarreled ever since Lucifer fell from grace. While there were never any major battles, there have been countless skirmishes over the course of the past 3000 years. In those 3000 years, God has only ever appeared once as a bright light at the highest point of heaven, to warn the angels of the upcoming war, and to reassure them that this war was just. Satan on the other hand, has been seen at least once by every demon in hell when they were created, and in comparison, flexes his powers more freely and frequently than God.

Regarding the Nephilim, they tend to stand out quite easily. They look exactly like humans, but something is always off. They'll have strange colored hair or glowing eyes, sometimes even a tail or wings! They also throw off crazy amounts of energy, so unless they've learned to suppress that, they're quite easy to notice.
Since you're wanting a warrior type character, she'd also be likely to have holy weapons and armor. I recommend being a lieutenant of an angel regiment.

soulmiester
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iezobel on Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:19 pm

I already set you a message... I think and I asked could I reserve a Nephilim female possibly demon! If that's still up for grabs. Oh and sorry if I didn't send you a PM. I can be a bit forgetful.
Follow me down the path
I will walk beside you
Guiding and showing you the way
I will not leave you
I will be standing on the path watching you
If you ever feel alone
Close your eyes
You will see 6 sets of foot prints
2 belonging to you, 4 to me
Then you will know that I have not left you

For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf...
And the strength of the Wolf is the Pack

Iezobel
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby soulmiester on Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:10 pm

You maybe right about that. Alright, I'll allow it, though I'd prefer we had another angel Nephilim.
We'll start posting as soon as we have an angel and human character.

soulmiester
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby soulmiester on Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:09 pm

We're almost there guys! We just need a human and we'll begin posting!

soulmiester
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kuroe on Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:50 pm

A human, huh? I'll do it. Anything I should know right off the bat before I make one? I will likely ask some questions later anyways but yeah.

Kuroe
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby soulmiester on Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:25 pm

Humans are hard to come by in this "new" world, and tend to stick to small nomadic groups in order to survive. The largest colony of humans is located in London and consists of approximately 3,000 people, mostly engineers and magic users who have managed to construct an underground fortress in the old sewers. The entrances are, of course, sealed against both demons and angels, so it's relatively safe. Also, only about 45% of humans are capable of using magic or skilled enough not to kill themselves with it.

soulmiester
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby soulmiester on Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:15 am

Great news everyone! We now have a human character, so posting will now begin!
Please decide which country your character is in and post there as soon as you can!

soulmiester
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rumpumpum on Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:40 pm

I just posted. :3 I hope it's all good with everyone. (:

rumpumpum
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kuroe on Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:47 am

So... Just wondering, I was going to make a human character, am I still able to? The character itself is... sort of ready. Very simple at this point, but I can play her adequately. Is it okay at this point?

Kuroe
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby soulmiester on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:19 pm

Hello everyone, just a reminder here that you SHOULD NOT post in the place "Earth" unless you are crossing from country to country or in the ocean. If there's somewhere you want to go and it's not there, let me know.

soulmiester
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rumpumpum on Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:55 am

Sorry, I didn't mean to post in earth. It was an accident. ^^; I fixed it though.

rumpumpum
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kuroe on Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:44 am

So, considering we're rather broken up in this roleplay, I thought I'd get a head-start on character relationships. That and I'm somewhat bored.

So, as most of you may/may not know, my character is Lamia. Or, that was her name. In my writing I just call her "the girl". Maybe I should capitalize that in the future to make it clearer. Anyways! She's a really odd character that... Well, interacts somewhat violently with just about everything. Except puppies apparently. Oh, and she also has a taste for human flesh. If you have no morals and you're really really hungry, I guess it can taste pretty okay. So yeah. I kinda wanna know more about your characters and how they might interact with my... Well, I guess she's a somewhat innocent character, given the fact that her motive is mainly survival and basic things like "I like that dog so I'll stay with it." or "That dog likes people, and dead people smell bad, and I can't eat them now, so the people can live." (translation: They have no use to me dead so there's no reason for them to be dead) I do hope that I can get some replies and the OOC can get some more posts, as people seem fairly inactive on it as a whole. (admittedly, I haven't exactly been the most active on it either, but I hope to start some activity with it.)

Kuroe
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!