Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Equipoise

Equipoise

a part of “Equipoise”, a fictional universe by Polarisbear12.

500 years after a war that closed the rifts between the worlds of Aurae, Inferno and Earth. Satan & the Seraphim have fallen in love and later conceived a child. Many years have passed since then and trouble is brewing.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Equipoise”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Equipoise

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:53 pm

For the general subjects, please make sure to post in the correct threads.
Bleach||A New Era
♀ Role Open
(10/25/16)
The Bear's Loft
CS's & future RP's

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Polarisbear12
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Re: Equipoise

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ever on Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:07 pm

Ignore please~~
Last edited by Ever on Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

✦ Ɲєνєя ѕαу gσσɗвує вєcαυѕє ѕαуιηg gσσɗвує мєαηѕ gσιηg αωαу.
Aηɗ gσιηg αωαу мєαηѕ fσяgєттιηg ✦

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ever
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:15 pm

Ignore if you please~
Last edited by Polarisbear12 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Polarisbear12
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:44 pm

@Future Players/Visitors
Alright since I operate based on EST I will be going to bed soon. Thankfully this is my Thanksgiving Break so I should have enough time to answer any and all questions that are asked of me. However because I won't be home and because its the Thanksgiving Break most likely than not I will be on my phone. Which means I won't be able to answer questions via chat so ask me through a pm, the thread I set up for questions or Kuro. That also means I won't be able to update the front page as often as I would like so bear with and pay attention to what others have reserved.

Also I'll be adding new information to the threads for demons and exorcists that should help in creating your character. So make sure to check for that as well. I don't know when I'll be able to log in tomorrow but I do know I will be able to but I will check up on things on my phone occasionally. MM and I think that's about all so good night my dears.

-Polarisbear

Polarisbear12
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:56 am

Hey I just happened to stumble across this gem and noticed the Angels and Exorcists seem rather undermanned. I'm willing to play anything and everything and at the moment can't pick what I want most. Totally open for a request/recommendation.

Also will everyone be starting on Earth or can I assume Angels and Demons start on their respective planes?

Nekohina
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KuroNeko on Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:20 am

@Nekohina
Either an angel or an exorcist would be helpful. Feel free to take some time to see what area you feel most inspired for. We allow control of multiple characters as well, so that is an option.

You are correct in assuming that angels an demons will be starting in their own domain.

KuroNeko
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Harute on Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:39 pm

Exorcists are from Ao no Exorcist, Angels are actually 6 ranks Seraphim, Cherubim, Thtones, Dominions, Virtues, Powers, Principalities, Archangels, and angels. Demons..... well they are demons.... so there are people who depicts them as fallen angels or different beings from angels.... Still looks like a very interesting plot. GM! Can u reserve a spot for me if there is one??? I really don't mind which one so I wouldn't mind if u just gave me the most u need me!!! Also, there are 3 classes in angel ranks which is divided in 3s. The highest 3 calsses, Seraphim, Cherubim, and the Thtones never leave heaven since Seraphims cover the glory of God from effecting lower beings too much, Cherubims listens to god's words and write them down, translates them and Thtones finalize the translation and gives it to the 2nd class of angels. The second class of angels are basically the army of heaven. Dominions are basically the generals of war and lead the troupes according to the orders from above (the first class of angels and ultimately God.) Then the Virtues are basically the commander in battle like the captain of the squad in a mission. They are the ones who make miracles happen such as the red sea splitting and so and so. The powers are basically the fighter angels who has the most power as far as violence goes. Since angels are not ranked by who is the strongest, powers in their fighting styles are the strongest of them all even though they lack the power of God from the other higher ranking officers. Then the last three ranks or angels makes up the 3rd class who basically the ones on earth helping humans. The Principalities protect humans from demons, the archangels deliver the message sent from God to humans and the normal angels just stick around humans and help them do good deeds and watch over humans individually.

Harute
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KuroNeko on Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:58 pm

@ Harute
I had thought that this seemed apparent form the set up we have created, but we are not directly following any anime or the actual organization of angels. We have taken creative license in order to create our own mechanisms of how Aurae and Inferno work and what beings comprise them.
We are not using all the angel classes, nor are we directly following the way the traditional class acts. You can also note, we do not use the traditional idea of God, but have our own Godess of Equipoise who made our fictional universe
Though I appreciate your effort in writing out a great deal of information, we are not working a traditional model of heaven, hell, or angels. If you are still interested, please read the information on the front page of how we define out worlds, and the rules for joining, and then make a reservation.

KuroNeko
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:57 pm

Totally supporting my fellow Neko on this one. Besides the angelic hierarchy you described is the Christian one. The Jews have one which is incredibly similar but considering Christianity is simply a rip off, expansion and to some extent perversion of the Jewish faith it's to be expected.

In which case rather than playing copycat I appreciate the difference of the faith established for this RP. Yes the names are the same but it's easier to adapt the name of a pre-existing concept than trying to build something new from scratch.

For example: in the Jewish faith the Seraphim are a far cry from top dog. But the fact is their role is still rather significant. Then the Christians decided to do their own editing thus placing Seraphim in the preeminent position you described. In both senses Seraph are "significantly beyond humans" thus in this case it's easy to understand that the title of Seraphim in this RP bears much significance without having to establish and explain a new concept in its entirety.

Nekohina
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KuroNeko on Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:56 pm

Thank you for the support, fellow Neko, the input is appreciated. ^^

KuroNeko
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:06 pm

Sorry about being behind on my character, kinda got locked out of my place last night so I wasn't able to finish.

Also I noticed on the front I'm marked for a Power Angel, but I only reserved a Principality. Could that please be changed so someone who desires the role can claim it? If we need another Power Angel instead I'll totally up my game to that of a Power Angel.

Nekohina
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forsaken Heart on Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:28 pm

Wow, I wish I were nearly this creative when making a roleplay :/

@Polarisbear12
Would you mind if I made a character? I'm still trying to decide what to make. Which kind do you need the most? Also, Becca won't stop punching my arm until I tell you she said hey.

Forsaken Heart
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:42 pm

@Neko
Gah fudgebuckets! I'll change that immediately if I can since I'm currently on my phone. I do apologize for that And no worries about making your character I believe you still have tomorrow to finish him.

@Forsaken
Well it wasnt all entirely thought up by me. Had I orginized it my way it would have looked a whole lot less appealing so I graciously thank Kuro on that. I woulndt mind in the least bit as for which we need the most I'd say one of the Princes or the Demon Guardian. There are some student and angel roles that can be filled but they are not as important as the afore mentioned. And I send my greetings to her:3

Polarisbear12
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZacharyTC on Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:11 pm

"Christianity is simply a rip off, expansion and to some extent perversion of the Jewish faith..."

Not to sound mean, but I kind of take offense at my faith being called a rip-off or perversion. (And, no, the Bible does not mention a hierarchy among the angels. That was a human invention, which is not supported in scripture.)

EDIT: With that small rant out of the way, I will work on my profile, now.
[CENTER]Image

Monsters create victims. Some victims become monsters to return the favor to the monsters who victimize them.

ZacharyTC
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TurtleSoup on Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:11 pm

That is the fastest I have ever seen a religious argument settled online. Like ever.

Ever.

Well done. =]

Also I might be interested in joining but I will have to read everything tomorrow as I'm a little intoxicated at the present moment in time. If I do would I be able to reserve one of the Seven deadly sins? Preferably wrath please?
Million to one chances, crop up nine times out of ten.

The thing about stories is that you have to pick the ones that last.

If all the world's a stage, then the techies must be gods!

TurtleSoup
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:16 pm

haha indeed^^

alright but I apologize if I didn't make it clear. There are Three demon princes one of them which is taken by me. The seven sins part is a part of the demon princes. The sins part is just there for which sins your prince(cess) will have and there are two that you may have. Any how I'm glad you've taken an interest Turtle.

Polarisbear12
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:56 pm

@Zach: Yes I'm aware the whole angelic hierarchy is a human invention. I will apologize here for any offense regarding my remark (just because I'm a staunch atheist doesn't mean I have no respect for religion). Though I do profess I get a bit heavy handed when it comes down to Christianity due to a long history of bad interaction.

@ Turtle, yeah that was fast. But I don't think the person was out for an argument. It was probably some kid trying to look smart and show off.

Kuro, Polaris my connection bugged out during submission so if something come out funny feel free to tell me. I'll revise and resubmit until everything's perfect.

Nekohina
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZacharyTC on Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:10 am

Don't worry about it, Neko. :)

ZacharyTC
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:36 am

@Ever
your character has been accepted!

@Everyone who submitted CS
I apologize for the delay in getting back to with our feedback.

Polarisbear12
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZacharyTC on Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:02 pm

You know, after some thought, I've reconsidered joining. I'm not even sure how many roleplays I can handle, these days. So, I'm withdrawing. At least, I can use the unfinished profile I have for something else.

Hopefully, I can try again in another roleplay we may end up at together.

ZacharyTC
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!