Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Into the Stars

Into the Stars

a part of “Into the Stars”, a fictional universe by Miyer.

It's 3014 and Earth is dying. You have been selected to join a 7-Man team and go in search of a new planet to become Mankind's home. Good Luck recruits, Mankind's future rests on your shoulders.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Into the Stars”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Into the Stars

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miyer on Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:04 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Into the Stars"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Miyer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: Into the Stars

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:24 pm

I'd like to reserve the mechanic.

Want to know what's be interesting? A robot member. Make for some interesting situations on places like Robion. Though I suppose you only want humans, so I'll make one.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miyer on Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:21 pm

I would prefer a human yes, but if you want you can creat a cyborg. Though it would have to be your characters bionic modification :)

Miyer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:41 pm

Can I snag the Marksman?

( But on the slim chance our resident mechanic opts out, I hope to reserve the right to swap to that. ;P )

Artik
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheHuntress on Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:26 pm

Oh! This is interesting. Can I reserve the close-combat fighter?

TheHuntress
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xenocartographer on Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:24 pm

Ah, I'd tried to post here and it said I needed to submit a character sheet first. And I was about to but then I realized I'd actually been hitting the "New Topic" button. (Yes, I'm new here. Please don't eat me!) I'd like to play the navigator, if that's alright?

Also, question: There are other inhabited planets, yes? Why then does "the future of mankind rest on [our] shoulders"? I'm sure I'm just misinterpreting something and that there's a simple explanation, but I'd like to know what it is.

(...Also, is it a problem if my Google skills failed me when it came to finding a character image, and I ended up making one of my own in GIMP, and my image manipulation skills are kind of not so great?)

Xenocartographer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miyer on Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:03 am

@Artik: Marksman reserved

@The huntress: Sorry the close combat fighter has already been reserved. You may reserve the tactician if you want or place a character in for 1 of the 6 planets.

@Xeno: Basically earth is dying and 'mankind' needs to find a new home. The other inhabited worlds are not home to humans, just to other aliens and that's why they need to be explored, I do need to change the planet inhabitants on some of the planets from human though, sorry for the confusion.
Next, Welcome to Roleplaygateway, just send me a PM or post here if you need any help with anything! Navigators reserved.
I have never seen GIMP photo, so I'm not sure if I will accepted it. Send me a photo do your character and I well tell you if it's acceptable, if not than I don't mind helping you find a character. :)

Miyer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aarondalea on Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:38 am

Hello, Miyer. Would it be possible if I reserve the tactician? Most likely will make the character come from Helio :)
ImageImage

aarondalea
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miyer on Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:12 am

You may reserve the tactician. However, im really sorry because i havent made ths clear but all team members are human. They are going to explore these planets because Mankind has never been to them before and the likely hood of some one from Helio having made it to earth is unlikely. If you can come up with a good reason why you character should be from Helio than i will reconsider but dont get your hopes up, I can be quite picky.
Sorry!

Miyer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xenocartographer on Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:32 am

@Xeno: Basically earth is dying and 'mankind' needs to find a new home. The other inhabited worlds are not home to humans, just to other aliens and that's why they need to be explored, I do need to change the planet inhabitants on some of the planets from human though, sorry for the confusion.
Next, Welcome to Roleplaygateway, just send me a PM or post here if you need any help with anything! Navigators reserved.
I have never seen GIMP photo, so I'm not sure if I will accepted it. Send me a photo do your character and I well tell you if it's acceptable, if not than I don't mind helping you find a character. :)

Okay, that makes sense. I was thrown by some of the planets being listed as having human inhabitants, is all.

I can't send PMs yet, I think, because I'm new here and it's an anti-spam measure. (Even though it says I've been here for a year... Huh.) Oh well, I'll continue looking for a picture (or tweak the one I have to be better) and ask any questions I do have here. To start with, what's the procedure for submitting a character sheet?

The image I have is probably fine honestly; I'm just being nervous because I'm new here. Basically I pulled the background off a character image I liked and swapped in a more fitting one.

Xenocartographer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:48 am

As far as the submitting a new character Xeno, you just pop up into the 'Characters' Tab and click 'Add New'. There you plug in your name, which once submitted can't be changed. Upload a 100x100 little photo icon annd the meat and potatoes of the sheet obviously goes in the bit block allocated below. Miyer put the code you fill out at the bottom of the intro tab, paste, fill it in accordinly and voila~. All of it is pretty intuitive once you get the basic hang of things, but it might help to look at other people's characters.

Not sure if that's what you meant by procedure, but the only other thing I can think of is in terms of acceptance - and so long as you fill out the required info, give it some flare, individuality, and are grammatically literate - you should be good.

Hope that helps. o/

Artik
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xenocartographer on Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:52 am

Ah, I've filled out the sheet already and stuff; I just wasn't sure where to submit it. I'll be doing so after proofreading it again (after class and stuff). I think it's a neat idea that should be fun to play (...though perhaps frustrating, in-character, for the other characters, heh).

Xenocartographer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:47 am

Oh, well. We'll have to see. :P I've just finished up my character as well. Looking forward to seeing what everyone's whipped up.

Artik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miyer on Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:45 pm

@Everyone: Hay guys, if possible I would like to start this RP by sunday, at the latest. I would really appreciate it if everyone could get their CS submitted.
Still waiting on:
Xeno for navigator,
Lloyd for Mechanic,
and Aaron for Techician(?)

Miyer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:06 pm

Sweet, I think the delay in most RPs start dates and actual RP dates is usually what kills them. I'm excited to get started, yo ;3

If anyone wants to hash out a particular relationship with Nixon, little bit of a rivalry, partner in crimes, someone he likes to sass more than usual - I'm up for whatever.

Artik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xenocartographer on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:18 pm

Mine's coming! I'm partially rewriting it. Having looked at Artik's sheet, I suddenly feel rather outclassed, heh. Also, he formatted his sheet differently, so now I want to do the same because the default formatting Miyer provided doesn't match my character at all.

(I'll also be using this post to test formatting and so on, because I don't see a preview button on the character submission form. If you see part of a sheet here randomly, that means I goofed saved an edit instead of previewing it. Is there a better way, technically-speaking, to do this?)

Xenocartographer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miyer on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:34 pm

Just submit your character, that will give you a clear idea of what the CS will look like. Once you have submitted a character you can go back and edit it until your happy with your CS :)

Miyer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:50 pm

Aw! No need to feel outclassed, I m just really finicky about my character sheets. Even now, the fact that my Likes and Dislikes are quite even bugs the shit out of me. :P

But yeah, was just about to say. I usually put. 'Wip' (work in progress ) in that description box until I'm done. In the meantime, submit, double check, and edit whatever you've got so far. Works like a charm. Also if you want, I can send you the format I used for the CS if you're fond of that setup.

Artik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xenocartographer on Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:48 pm

Okay, it's up, such as it is. I really, really hope I didn't screw this up! (I also kind of thought it'd have to be approved before becoming publicly visible, meep! Did I do something wrong or is this normal?)

[Panic-ish feeling intensifies]

Xenocartographer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miyer on Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:23 pm

No need to worry, everything looks good and I just need you to change your picture (Try looking up "cyberpunk girl art" on Google images) and than you are go ^-^

Miyer
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!