Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Safe Haven: Regeneration

Character Relationships / Plot Ideas

a part of “Safe Haven: Regeneration”, a fictional universe by AmyGotScared.

All left alone, you hold these supernatural abilities, one day you are found, and now are training with others of your kind. (More explained inside.)(Remake~ all old members welcome)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Safe Haven: Regeneration”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Character Relationships / Plot Ideas

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmyGotScared on Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:30 pm

Any of you who have been in one of my role plays before knows I often make a plot idea character thread and such~

So here we can all discuss plot ideas we might want to develop as the Role play continues on. All ideas are good ideas!

Also, if you guys want to talk about character relationships, this would be a good place to do it. Here you can ask the others about plots to do with both your characters, or just spurt out certain relationships you feel your character would have with some of the others. Feel free if you have any ideas on relationships to do with your characters and Atheya so tell me here, as I really am open to pretty much anything and am not against much. ^^
Where there is no imagination there is no horror. | Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

My honey I know, with the dawn that you will be gone, but tonight you belong to me
Patience and Prudence

http://www.peacefullyreckless.tumblr.com/

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AmyGotScared
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Character Relationships / Plot Ideas

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Nomer on Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:39 pm

If anyone has an idea for interactions with Penelope, just let me know ^_^
Hello, Sweetie.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Miss Nomer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:45 am

Sorry about that everyone. I realized that, in my last post, I meant to have Elliot address the group with his questions, so anyone could answer them, not just Atheya. I have edited my post to reflect that.

I think everyone could possibly come up with some form of answer, even if only nonverbal, and I do encourage multiple answers! Just because we have a recruitment trip doesn't mean everybody's gotta go, although I think we all want our characters to. Myself included. :P

I do think Elliot would want to go, my own feelings not included. He'd like to give back, or at least find some other way to help Atheya out. She practically saved his life by offering him a place at the Haven. He would still remember how it used to be, when he couldn't control his powers, and he would want be able to help someone like Atheya helped him.

I digress, should we properly discuss who wants to go and who doesn't? It would make the next portion a bit easier. Obviously, we would all still need to post our character's reactions to the option of whether or not to go. However, I do feel like, if any of our characters don't want to go, they don't have a lot of options as far as things to do while everyone else is off gallivanting about the countryside looking for fellow Muties. Perhaps the Haven is running low on supplies of some sort and a trip into town in necessary, perhaps we fight an NPC, there are any number of possibilities, we just need to organize them and choose the best one.
Peace. Love. Life. You've only got one run, why waste it?

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Retrovertigo on Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:45 pm

I totally agree that we should probably come up with another goal for the rest of the group to pursue while others go on a recruitment field trip. The question is what though? I like the idea of a run in with an npc maybe while they're out getting those supplies? Maybe some shadowy figure who has been keeping tabs on the group? I dunno what it will be, but count Julian in on whatever it is.

Retrovertigo
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:22 pm

Cool! I do like that idea Vertigo. Perhaps it could also be a lead in for the primary Antagonists. Foreshadowing being a literary device and all that; Chekov's gun, as it were.

Example: A shadowy group/secret society that's attempting to coerce/force mutants to work for them. This is accomplished via paying them money/mind control device. Their goal is to use the powers of such individuals to hold the world hostage/get big moneys/do something unspeakably evil. Oh the PG-13 horror!

Yes it's clichéd, but it's also super simple and it would be fun. :P

Pros of such an Idea: It gives us a bit of down time between arcs for character/relationship development, we get to make our own pace, and it allows the individual talents of each person to shine in different scenarios based on who we want to get their own little, "episode," as it were. Also, since now one has to be a bad guy if they don't want to, no one feels excluded/antagonized. Yay! Everyone is included!

Cons: It's super cheesy and it makes the writer in me want to barf. There can be gaping plot holes/motive holes that are justified only by: "they're evil and we're the good guys." It's been done to death a billion other times. People can feel like their importance within the group is limited as their individuality only shines in very specific scenarios. Players with more battle worthy powers can steal the spotlight. (This one is aimed at me. I am aware that Elliot is kinda a jerk about fighting. This was unintentional when I made his character, but thanks to his personality I don't think it should be an issue.) People with more experience in such a game can filibuster the decisions of the group by meta gaming their knowledge. (Usually accidental, everyone makes mistakes.)

I hope no one takes those critiques as personal attacks. They were simply my own opinions about such a scenario. I have no opinion either way, as far as what type of story we want to create, I am merely listing this as an option. If someone else can think of something better, I would most assuredly like to use it instead. I have some experience with games like the one I have just explained, where a ragtag group of misfits takes on an evil superpower, and I just wanted to list the pros and cons before anyone made any decisions on what we wanted to do with our story. If anyone does take them personally, I do apologize most profusely. It was not my intention to make anyone upset.

If we do wish to proceed with such a plan, shall I bring up a tentative tally, then?

Dudes/Dames that wanna go Recruit: Atheya, Elliot. (That I currently know of)

Dudes/Dames that wanna run into a mysterious NPC: Julian. (To my knowledge.)

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmyGotScared on Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:05 am

Haha, guys that all sounds pretty good actually, and even despite the cheesiness. (And hey, maybe we can start off with that but then come up with more ideas to make it less cheesy as we go along. ;D)

AmyGotScared
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!