Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Tower In the Sky

Tower In the Sky

a part of “Tower In the Sky”, a fictional universe by Masquerade (Skye).

The Gods have fallen victim to the Titans and are banished to Earth to perish along with the rest of the humans; unless they can take their Tower back.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Tower In the Sky”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tower In the Sky

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Masquerade (Skye) on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:14 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Tower In the Sky"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Masquerade (Skye)
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Tower In the Sky

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvalonKnight on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:24 pm

May I please reserve Fire/Female?

Edit: Shoot sorry I didn't notice them D: which is kinda of hurt considering there's a giant 'RULES'. Sorry. My favorite food is hot wings. I hope u could forgive my moment of stupidity.
Last edited by AvalonKnight on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A V A L O N K N I G H T
~ We are born. We die. Somewhere in between we live. And how we live is up to us. ~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AvalonKnight
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Masquerade (Skye) on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:30 pm

It is quite obvious you did not read the rules.

Masquerade (Skye)
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ragnorokhellfire on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:26 am

Hey Masque, I was wondering if I could bring Raidon back along, with a few changes of course depending on what the god he is opposing is like.

Also, sandwiches are one of my favorite foods.

Edit: Oh yeah, and he'd oppose light this time.
Darkness is within everyone. If you can't learn to control it, it will corrupt you, and ultimately, destroy you.

ragnorokhellfire
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leej10100 on Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:27 am

Hey Masquerade my I reserve Earth/Male and Titan to Oppose Frost if we are allowed two? If not earth is fine. And my favorite food is mac and cheese cx

Leej10100
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Masquerade (Skye) on Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:47 am

Well you didn't PM me, but you did put their favorite foods so yes and yes.

Edit: I edited the bio a bit so there are two different forms, your God form and your human form. They can be the same if you'd like, although I wouldn't recommend it because if a human looks upon a God they go blind.

Masquerade (Skye)
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Renmiri on Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:05 pm

So I figured that I might as well ask here, in case anyone else wanted to know (not that I'm reserving anything yet, anyway):

What is the role of a Monster here? I'm assuming that they can be on any side or be any sort of monster (mythological or no), so like a neutral party? Would they be naturally less powerful than a God or a Titan, if they had any supernatural capabilities in the first place? Are there any pre-existing tensions between Monsters and the Gods/Titans (ie. if they've ever been banished to Earth, wildly exterminated, etc)?

And then for some general Q's (because I like to know things? heh):

Are the Titans basically trying to destroy the Earth? Is there a motive here, or are they just like 'oh hey, there are gods here, we don't know who they are so let's just kill everything!'?

It seems like the Gods used to live in a tower, would it be a place similar to Asgard/Valhalla/etc where it's only accessible with magical means? Actually, if the entire tower fell, what are the other, lower gods doing? Where are they, even? Would the Gods be interested in taking back their tower (or is that not part of the storyline in this RP)?

Whelp, okay. That's quite a bit, feel free to take your time. I'm just stating interest here, so. c:

Renmiri
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Masquerade (Skye) on Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:44 pm

@Renmiri: Those are very good points I probably should have clarified before. Unfortunately, it was also 2AM and I needed to get this down before I fell asleep.

Anyways, monsters are a neutral party. They have their favorites, most prefer the Titan's though because the Titan's, like the monsters, have been banished to rot in the Underworld by the Gods. They do have powers, for example most have a human appearance until they need to attack something. So if you're a dragon, then you'll turn from a human into a dragon complete with fire, or water, whatever you decide your dragon breathes. If you're a hydra then obviously if one head gets cut off, two grow back in its place (I figure that if they turn back into a human, it will just be multiple conflicting voices in the head like schizophrenia).

Yes, the Titan's are trying to destroy the Earth and the Gods, because they hate them. Life, who is like the head honcho, created the Titans to rival the Gods because he thought things were getting a little boring and was tired of the Gods senseless bickering. Death likes it though, she thinks it's fun to see everyone tearing their friends apart.

The Tower is actually in the sky right above Earth, so if you jumped from the Tower (which is a jump only a God/Titan can survive) you would be free falling a couple hundred thousand feet until you finally reached Earth. However, there is an elevator you can take down. If the Tower fell, well then the people below it are screwed. To humans it would look like a meteor is crashing down to Earth.

Minor Gods really have no interest in what the major ones are doing, they can choose to take the side of the Titan's if they'd like, although it isn't recommended just because Life and Death can decide to terminate your position as a God if they think you are going to betray them and yes, the Gods are very interested in taking back their Tower; you know after they save the humans and Earth from ultimate destruction.
Last edited by Masquerade (Skye) on Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Masquerade (Skye)
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mineczka on Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:09 pm

I may be asking a stupid question, but are there smaller gods/goddesses (At least worth playing)...?
Because I am interested, and wondering other options (Since All the mains are taken)
If need be I can just be a measly human...
Also: Masquerade... Your avatar... Makasa. YES.
"Life...Dreams...Hope...Where do they come from? And where do they go? None of that junk is enough to fulfill your hearts! Destruction...Destruction is what makes life worth living! Destroy! Destroy! Destroy! Let's destroy everything!"
— Kefka Palazzo

Mineczka
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Masquerade (Skye) on Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:11 pm

@Lufia: PM me to see what we can arrange. I might have a position you would like open.

Manaka is awesome God I feel so bad for her.

Masquerade (Skye)
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mineczka on Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:47 pm

@Masquerade: Done. I have a nice idea I could do, just kinda thought of it while typing.

And I feels bad for Manaka too. (I'm not too far in, please no spoilers)

Mineczka
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Renmiri on Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:29 pm

Alright, awesome. Thanks for the fast response c: I'll PM you in a bit about reserving/creating a monster.

I hope you don't mind if I keep dishing out a few questions, it's nice to see this universe being fleshed out, heh. And I figure more information can't hurt:

In the intro, the god of Darkness seems to be capable of threatening Frost and sounds like he's 'king'-- so, is he like Odin (all that 'king of the gods', etc)? Doesn't look like he favours the humans very much, does he still want to save earth, then? (or is it like, he spent however many years as a 'human', and as such learns to care for them etc?) Actually, wait. Who was it that banished the Gods in the first place? Life?

... And I just realized that I misread the part about 'their abilities are locked until the defeat of a monster'. Whelp. Would that be a specific monster for each God, or just kill any monster? Or, in other words, if I were to create a neutral-party monster, would all five gods be gunning for her head? :c

And so the Titans don't actually know who the Human-Gods are, and are just trying to get Frost back at the beginning of the RP?

Again, take your time. I'm in no particular rush. c:

Renmiri
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Purpl3_Flam3s on Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:25 pm

I'm very lost and confused. I have a couple of questions before I finish my CS

1. Do the Titans know they're titans

2. When you mean 5 kids in the beginning, is that for just the Gods

3. How old can the Titans be? Are they teens or adults

4. If they know they're titans, do they have a human and titan form? (This one you may have answered but I must have overlooked it)

Purpl3_Flam3s
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Masquerade (Skye) on Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:42 pm

All very good questions Ren (can I call you Ren?) and Purple3_Flam3s

I will try to answer everything to the best of my ability.

1. Yes, the Titan's do know that they are Titan's, they also are aware that they're sole purpose is to defeat the Gods.

2. Yes, the five kids are the Gods.

3. Titan's can be just as old as Gods, maybe even older as their rivalry dates back millions of years.

5. Titan's have a humanoid appearance to them. They can have a monster form if you'd like, although that would make them the Titan of Monsters.

Darkness isn't really capable of stripping someone of their title, he can however, bring up the fact that Frost is too sympathetic to Life and Death who can then decide whether or not to strip her of her power. Darkness likes to talk big, he likes to think that he's the best and most powerful (or at least I think he does). None of the Gods like humans that much, they see them more as a nuisance then anything else really, but without the humans there would be no entertainment and their job is to watch over them after all, so without the Earth what would they do?

The Gods don't know anything they're memories and abilities are locked until they defeat whatever monster comes across their path. Frost is the only one with her memories (or at least the times she has spent as a Goddess) but has gone a bit crazy due to the torture the Titan's inflicted on her, she doesn't know anything. So really, the Gods won't know anything until a monster attacks them and they somehow (whether running over it a car or maybe tripping it to death) defeat it.

I hope that makes sense, if you have any more questions don't be afraid to ask.

Masquerade (Skye)
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ragnorokhellfire on Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:53 pm

I have a question and an idea

1. As you can probably guess I already have my character, but I am unsure if I should submit it as I would need to make some changes depending on the god of light.

And my thought, that may or may not be considered, is that of course the titan of monster can transform into a monster or maybe multiple monsters, but I was thinking that maybe the titans could each have a preferred monster that they can turn into (though only that specific monster)

ragnorokhellfire
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Masquerade (Skye) on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:07 pm

It's a possibility, but that would be a great disadvantage to the Gods.

Masquerade (Skye)
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ragnorokhellfire on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:20 pm

Yeah... hmmm oh well.

ragnorokhellfire
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ICryForAFamily on Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:39 pm

I was looking through Darkness' profile and I think I might have to change his personality a bit. xD what do you think Skye?

Also in the history, how far do you want? Should we put their history as a god or as a human?
Veteran rolepayer.
-sigh- I should be ashamed

ICryForAFamily
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvalonKnight on Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:11 pm

I am almost done my character. I have submitted her as a WIP and i only have a tiny more left to do :D I hope you like her.

AvalonKnight
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mineczka on Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:13 pm

Why is it so hard to find a FC for my character...? Ugh...
Last edited by Mineczka on Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mineczka
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!