Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Labyrinth: New Tales of the Underground

a part of “Labyrinth: New Tales of the Underground”, a fictional universe by CassilineVow.

Is is a RPG based upon the motion picture Labyrinth. Expect all the characters of the underground to return once more. Making illusions real, and reality an illusion.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Labyrinth: New Tales of the Underground”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CassilineVow on Thu May 01, 2014 10:39 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Labyrinth: New Tales of the Underground"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CassilineVow
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: Labyrinth: New Tales of the Underground

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby leCupcake on Sun May 04, 2014 7:39 am

Oh wow, this looks really interesting! Can I post a character for this?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

leCupcake
Member for 10 years
Author Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CassilineVow on Sun May 04, 2014 5:09 pm

Of course. Put in an application. Players may create magical or non magical characters and being in their Boston or somewhere in the underground. Look to our players guide for inspiration.

CassilineVow
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby diabolicalxdamsel on Fri May 09, 2014 3:29 pm

Well I've submitted a character. I'm not too crazy with the sheet itself, but the character has plenty of room for development. I will admit that she is very much inspired by the character of Sarah as you will see, but she will be a little less self-centered and whiny, but a lot more prone to screwing things up. She'll be the type that will think that because she's in a fantasy world, everything is hunky-dory, that the magical world is above corruption and bad behavior, and that everyone she meets must have purely good intentions. Or she can be easily recruited as one of Mim's stooges.
Last edited by diabolicalxdamsel on Sun May 11, 2014 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

diabolicalxdamsel
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CassilineVow on Fri May 09, 2014 5:04 pm

Welcome Aboard!

I found your character sheet delightful. Lots and lots of potential there to be sure. Mentioning Sarah Williams in there was a very nice touch. I just might have to bring her in now as a general NPC.

I've supplied a very easy opening for a character like yours to land herself in the underground if you so wish to take advantage of it otherwise we can concoct an alternative option. This RP is very flexible and you will find any number of opportunities to develop your character as you see fit. I am your humble story master and servant. lol

Do let me know if there is anything I can help you with. Plot development is my specialty.

~Cass

CassilineVow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby diabolicalxdamsel on Sun May 11, 2014 10:58 pm

Posted a thing

diabolicalxdamsel
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby diabolicalxdamsel on Mon May 12, 2014 4:20 pm

Also I'll be happy to play Ludo, the Fireys, the worm, or any other goblin kingdom creature.

diabolicalxdamsel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CassilineVow on Tue May 13, 2014 5:16 pm

I have something special planned for Ludo otherwise the rest is up for use as you like.

CassilineVow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Tue May 13, 2014 5:29 pm

Hello there! I've submitted two characters who have come from outside of the kingdom to influence the Council. How's everyone doing?
"Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven't half the strength you think they have." - Norman Vincent Peale

"He broke my sitar, mother****er!" - Anton Newcombe

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CassilineVow on Wed May 14, 2014 12:30 am

Hi folks.

Word of suggestion. Be careful on the Ball pacing. Jareth only got word he was to host the ball that day. The ball wouldn't just occur over night. It would take two to three weeks to make the proper arraignments not to mention dealing with the regular business of the kingdom.

Jareth must still make choices about who will attend and while he wont always have a choice the great families must still either be invited or send their requests.

For the purposes of the story some characters may arrive early to consult with Jareth and plot their agenda's but for the most part Jareth is in charge of the event so look to his character for cues on the subject. We're only on day one here folks. Please consider wise and gradual pacing so we dont have to much happening all at once.

Otherwise awesome Job on both the writing and your characters!

~Cass

CassilineVow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CassilineVow on Wed May 14, 2014 12:37 am

Before I forget, also know that within the Labyrinth it isn't public knowledge that the Ball is even occurring. Jareth must speak to all his advising Council before the word can be properly spread to the various divisions. See the KOTL in the guide section for further information.

CassilineVow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Wed May 14, 2014 3:53 am

Happy to be here! I'd love to collaborate on finding plot points to start on. Glad to hear of the timing of the grand event!

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CassilineVow on Wed May 14, 2014 6:55 pm

sky you could probably use a bady plotting against you and set that up in foreshadowing. I's your character from a specific fantasy universe or was her race made up? Im happy to create a villain for you to set up some tension and then maybe you could hook up with Queen Mab and conspire with her before she meets up with Jareth. since Mad runs the high Council she'd be your logical in and I imagine your character would want to arrive early and remain at the castle or in the enchanted forest. either way.

CassilineVow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CassilineVow on Wed May 14, 2014 6:58 pm

Also as a note to everyone don't forget to Tag your posts. Tags allow your post to appear in your character profile. sort of like a running log of all the scenes your character is involved in. It's a good way to keep track of where everyone is in the story. I try to tag posts if they aren't tagged already since I have the ability to do it but as we get moving and more post are coming in some may get lost if you don't tag them. It just a matter of typing in any and all character names into the the tag box involved in that scene.

CassilineVow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CassilineVow on Wed May 14, 2014 7:18 pm

I've been studying Labyrinth theory for over a decade and more specifically the work of Brian Froud who was really the dream man and conceptualists behind both Labyrinth and the Dark Crystal. Because of this I consider both films to be part of the same universe. Ive been writing fan fiction for Labyrinth for some years and have always tried to stay in specific alignment with Brain Frouds influences and work. The guide you see here was created several years ago by me on a different role playing platform and is typically what I use in my fan fiction work as well.

I promise you will find references specifically from Frouds Good/Bad Faeries Book in this RP.

CassilineVow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Wed May 14, 2014 7:56 pm

I love it! It fits perfectly with the overall feel and lore of this story! Your work and effort shows =)

I figured that Queen Mab would be the best one to go to.

I made up a different kingdom; I had it all written out before I found what you'd written. My bad! But I think it's an innocuous addition. It's pretty much an Olympus-style set-up, on top of a mountain... not a martial kingdom but one that likes stability. Travel via flying creatures (considered Luckdragons, but didn't know if you had that included here as a possibility =p).

I'm happy to tweak or alter things to fit the vision if anything is amiss!

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CassilineVow on Wed May 14, 2014 8:53 pm

I looked it up. your fine.

CassilineVow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CassilineVow on Wed May 14, 2014 10:50 pm

I've updated the Players guide to include the history of the Labyrinth. This history should be considered MOSTLY factual.

CassilineVow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CassilineVow on Thu May 15, 2014 2:32 am

Alright, I have added the final NPCs and am pretty much happy with the existing cast. I think we have enough character fodder to hold us over in plot development for some time. So I'm not going to allow more into the fold until we've hit a few major plot points in everyone archs. I've got enough to keep us all going quite a ways I am very happy with everyone's contributions so far.

we'll develop working on what we have and go from there.

Outstanding folks. You are the reason I do this. lol

CassilineVow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Mon May 26, 2014 1:53 am

Any chance its not too late to sign up, and you have room for one more?

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!