Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Imaginary: The Otherworld

a part of “Imaginary: The Otherworld”, a fictional universe by VitaminHeart.

Six children once made up a magical world, and magical creature friends. Ten years have passed, and now that world wants them back.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Imaginary: The Otherworld”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sat May 31, 2014 10:45 am

"Imaginary: The Otherworld"

I'm VitaminHeart, and you are on the Imaginary OOC topic.

....that is an OOC topic for Imaginary. You are not just imagining the topic. =P

If you're interested in this little corner of the RPverse, please post and say hi!

I like to try and make this kind of setting reaosnably democratic and have people's input on it, as it makes things more exciting, so I'll be putting in an Otherworld-centred thread soon also.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me Vit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Re: Imaginary: The Otherworld

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaliceInWonderland on Sat May 31, 2014 11:34 am

Hello there is it okay, if I reserve the next open Female spot.

This is truely quite beautiful I love the story.

Mine would be the Artist,
Often drawing/painting the fantastic creatures of Othwerworld, but only believing them to be work of her own imagination and creativity and in recent cases her nightmares.
"I run in triangles, I'm a rebel, I don't do circles"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MaliceInWonderland
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sat May 31, 2014 11:39 am

Go ahead. Look forward to seeing what you come up with. =)

It's a plot I made that I do have kind of a soft spot for, hopefully this'll go well and it'll create some fun RP/

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaliceInWonderland on Sat May 31, 2014 12:08 pm

Awesome. I'll have her in soon.

And Yes, I saw Imaginary and Otherworld and was like "Yes!"

MaliceInWonderland
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaliceInWonderland on Sat May 31, 2014 1:40 pm

Okay I'm working on my character and I thought it would be cool if my character was the called the Non-Believer

Basically, she used to believe, but after going missing in their fictional world once for days, ad returning suddenly, and telling her parents she went to Otherworld with her imaginary friend, they thought she was crazy literally, so she ended to going into therapy, and not being able see her Imaginary, and growing worried for it's life, she would throw horrible tantrums she would start running away to the point where she was placed in a mental home for childern. After years of conditioning, she ended up believing none of that was real and is convinced it never happened.

I also wanted her and Helena to have been good friends since they are both artists but fell apart due to Helena still believing and River so vehemently not beliveing.

MaliceInWonderland
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sat May 31, 2014 2:17 pm

Yeah, that would work pretty well.

People are, for the most part, convinced that Lena has totally lost it so it would pretty much suit the general reaction to The Otherworld stuff and makes sense in the context. And sure, they could well have been close at one point. Lena mostly fell out of friendship with the others due to her convictions about the place being offputting, but she herself is bitter to some extent as she felt abandoned and...well...being the only Dreamer has not worked out well for her over the years.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Kryptonite on Sat May 31, 2014 2:32 pm

Hey, I'd like to reserve male 6, if you don't mind. I'm not sure if you were wanting a name for the role, but if so, uh... Can I come up with one later? This definitely looks interesting and I'd like to be a part of it. If you accept the reservation, I should have a sheet up by Monday. (:

Red_Kryptonite
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sat May 31, 2014 2:57 pm

Haha that's fine No pressure! =) You can give your title and your synopsis with your character when you're done with him. Throwing down a reserve for ya.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ChaosxChild13 on Sat May 31, 2014 4:43 pm

I would love to make two imaginary characters for any one of the six people. Do you want me to send you the charries then make an adoption "poster" for them so the human can choose what suits their personality best?? :D
If you have one foot in yesterday, and another in tomorrow, you'll piss on today.
Many long for immortality but haven't a clue what to do on a rainy Sunday afternoon
“Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”

ChaosxChild13
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sat May 31, 2014 4:50 pm

Sure, that works. =) Look forward to seeing them!

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaliceInWonderland on Sat May 31, 2014 5:58 pm

VitaminHeart wrote:Yeah, that would work pretty well.

People are, for the most part, convinced that Lena has totally lost it so it would pretty much suit the general reaction to The Otherworld stuff and makes sense in the context. And sure, they could well have been close at one point. Lena mostly fell out of friendship with the others due to her convictions about the place being offputting, but she herself is bitter to some extent as she felt abandoned and...well...being the only Dreamer has not worked out well for her over the years.

Alright, awesome xD

and I'm super stoked to see more people involved with this xD

I'll have River finished soon xD

MaliceInWonderland
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaliceInWonderland on Sat May 31, 2014 8:15 pm

River is finished!

MaliceInWonderland
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Squeekey on Sat May 31, 2014 8:38 pm

I submitted Zen as an imaginary! Hope she gets approved :3
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.."
- Baz Luhrmann, The Moulin Rouge

Squeekey
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Squeekey on Sat May 31, 2014 11:12 pm

So is there any connection between dreamers and imaginaries still? Like, can the imaginaries see into the human world, or feel the emotions of the dreamer? Just curious, Malice's last post inspired a few questions in my mind.

Squeekey
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaliceInWonderland on Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:06 am

It totally should!! That would be awesome.

MaliceInWonderland
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:23 am

The connection between the two is a bit corroded (apart from Lena and her Imaginary, who still talk to each other in the real world through her toy) and so the imaginary can sometimes see what their dreamer is up to, though not always.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Squeekey on Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:12 pm

Could I make it possible the Zen sees 'shadows' of the dreamers whenever Helena is talking about them? Like Helena is willing them to be seen, so a light sort of shadow appears of them in the other world? If you don't get what I mean, see my recent post, it sort of explains what I mean by shadow. It's just an idea though, so void me if it's not reasonable, I just thought it might be cool to make some overall link between dreamers and the otherworld before the break through

Squeekey
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:14 pm

Yeah, that could make sense as Helena retains a link.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Squeekey on Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:36 am

awwh, somebody put Jessi up for adoption? Shame, I kinda like his character.

Squeekey
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:47 pm

Really, ugh, jeez. I may have to restart the RP considering how many people we're down, as someone posted a character then never resturned, and someone else wanted to put up an app but never did.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!