Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Remnant

Remnant

a part of “Remnant”, a fictional universe by Senpai.

A single crystal kept all worlds intact and separate. But when the greed of the gods destroyed the crystal, the worlds melded into one. With this new multiversal world and one remnant of the crystal left, what is the fate of the new world?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Remnant”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Remnant

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senpai on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:31 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Remnant." Also a key note, while this is multiversal we do not wish to have any direct placements from pre-existing series in this RP. For example, no Naruto-based ninjas or anything like that. This is to permit all sorts of abilities and settings to exist in the roleplay, from steampunk to medieval fantasy and beyond both.

Feel free to leave and comments, questions, concerns, or reservations here in this thread. And welcome to Remnant!

RACE LIST

**Keep in mind that each non-human race has an ability to turn to a humanoid form that still resembles their original race somewhat.

Humans
The more popular race in the world, the human image directly reflects that of the former gods. Their natural senses are about average, nothing too special in any way. Human potential, however, can be raised to severe extremes especially in dire situations. Human willpower can be their most powerful asset at times.

Azurelles
**Playable only by Kagerou. This information is here for the players to see about her.
In their true form, they are naturally humanoid in appearance. The older they get, the more plant-like their hair gets. Their skin is translucent with a blue-ish tint. To the touch, the skin is not actual skin, but crystal. These people have a natural affinity to water and crystalline elements. It is rumored, whether it be true or not, that these people were born from the Crystal's explosion. In their true form they can only travel through water effectively. Land travel is difficult. Their bodies can be shattered, but it is significantly difficult. Their eyesight and sense of smell is better than humans, and their eyes are made to see detail better. Their hearing is on par with humans. They have no sense of taste.

Elves
Tall, slender, and olive-skinned, the elves are some of the most beautiful and regal races around. At the very least in their eyes, that is. With pointed ears and hair like silk, they hold themselves high as a people and are generally very prideful. They are the most agile and nimble race. However, they are rather weak to attacks and suffer extra damage as a result. Their senses of hearing, taste and sight is well above human average.

Beastfolk
Simply put, these people are half human and half animal. The animal varies depending on the person. These people possess qualities of both humans and their respective animal. They also possess the ability to switch between a pure animal form and a human form with elements of that animal. Keep in mind that beasts such as dragons, phoenixes, and other magical beasts are not included in the Beastfolk race. Otherwise, it is fair game. Do keep in mind that Beastfolk will be driven by animal instinct rather often. Their senses will be closer to the animal they are part of.

Vishkanyas
Strangely beautiful on the outside and poisonous on the inside, vishkanyas see the world through slitted serpent eyes. Vishkanyas possess a serpent's grace and ability to writhe out of their enemies' grasp with ease. Vishkanyas have a reputation for being both seductive and manipulative, though of course that is not the case for all members of this race. They can use their body fluids to poison their weapons. Their eyesight is significantly better at dusk and night and the rest of their senses are the same as a human's.

Machinations
Strange beings known only to one specific part of the world, these are humanoid people made out of metal. Constructed by humans, dark technomagics have given these machines sentience through the transferring of a human soul. They tend to seem a bit cold and distant even when trying not to be. Each machine has one very very weak point, and one very very strong point. Though their bodies may not be alive, the beings are self-aware and very much alive. They do not feel pain or any kind of touch. They do not taste or smell at all, and their hearing is slightly below human levels. Their eyesight however is photographic, clear, and actually able to zoom in to one-point-five times normal levels. As to what each machine person does is completely up to the designer.
Last edited by Senpai on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Senpai
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Remnant

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phooka on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:42 pm

May I reserve the scout please? ^^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

phooka
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senpai on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:43 pm

@orokay: Scout is reserved for you~

Senpai
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phooka on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:46 pm

Thank you! Do you have a character skeleton or should I just throw something together for myself. Also, what style image would you prefer for the appearance?

btw, my favorite animals are guinea pigs ><

phooka
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senpai on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:48 pm

We will be making our own skeleton, so please be patient. I am putting this together with Kagerou and her Internet is being a butt tonight. ><

As for image styles, photos or descriptions are fine. More realistic drawings are just fine, too. We're not looking for full-blown anime-style art in this RP.

Senpai
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby moahi on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:54 pm

Can I reserve the marksman? Oh and, can the face claims be anime?

Photoshop edit no. one. Thanks so much Xera!

moahi
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senpai on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:55 pm

@moahi You may have Marksman. However as I said in the post above this, the face claims cannot be anime art. And uh, what's your favorite animal again?

Senpai
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Homesick Angel on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:56 pm

Well, I'm interested. You had me at multiversal, I just love the whole idea of having this mish-mash of technology and magic and (from what appears to be) a variety of races. Seeing how everyone copes and interacts with each other tickles me in the creative center.

That being said, I'd really like to see the character sheet before I reserve anything-- though I'm partial to the magician role. Lol nope, Kage already reserved it. Hmm maybe the Marksman then. And that's a hard maybe.

I'm partial to birds, they have this whole freedom motif that I just love.

EDIT: DAMMIT SICKLES, YOU'RE TOO SLOW. GIT GUD.

Healer! I want the healer. Geez I hope I didn't get ninja'd again.

Homesick Angel
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senpai on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:00 pm

@Homesick Angel: Oh dear, you're getting robbed blind! Haha. But absolutely, Healer role is yours, provided you like the character skeleton sheet when it goes up.

I still need to write up a race list. Sigh.

Senpai
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kagerou on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:03 pm

Hey! I'm here! To keep the peace and to create the skeleton! Hello!

Sick, your post made me laugh so hard. lol.

Character skeleton will be posted in the next half hour.

oh also i love cats.
Hey, that's a post!

Kagerou
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZenMon on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Yo, Renbokoji! I'd love to reserve the Fightah, if possibru. If not, I'll try to snag something else!

And I'm a dog man. I want an Akita when I have my own place. Hopefully soon.

ZenMon
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senpai on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:12 pm

@ZenMon: We'd be happy to have you on as our Fighter. Keep an eye out for when we update the race list and character skeleton!

Senpai
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phooka on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:13 pm

Another question, this is probably going to sound dumb but I want to make sure I'm on the same page with you, what kinds of 'genres' are there for the multi-dimensional thing. What I'm saying is, for example, can one character be fantasy and another science fiction?

phooka
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senpai on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:16 pm

@orokay: Yes, absolutely! I want this to be a huge cultural experience for everyone in that regard, melding technology of all kinds with magics of all kinds. And everything inbetween. I think it will create a unique and interesting environment.

Senpai
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keen on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:19 pm

Might I reserve ze newbie please? Favorite animal has gotta be penguins! So cute o:

Keen
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senpai on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:24 pm

@Keen: Newbie position is yours~

Senpai
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kagerou on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:56 pm

Character sheet has been submitted and should be up shortly!

Kagerou
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senpai on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:59 pm

Okay, friends. Race list is at the top of the page. On this, if you wish to play a race that is NOT on the list, please take it up with me. I will at least hear you out. And if I do not think the race is good for a player character, with your permission, we can turn it into an NPC race or perhaps future enemies.

On the next note, you will find the character sheet code under the castle image on the roleplay's main page. So! Happy writing in the characters. I trust you'll all have lots of fun with it~

Senpai
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Homesick Angel on Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:11 pm

So remember when I said my favorite animals were birds? Yeah, that might play into my healer character a little bit. Somewhat. A smidge. She's going to be a bird. Well, beastfolk with a bird aspect. I'm a little torn on the exact species of bird, but I'm feeling either Owl, Eagle, or maybe even a dove! Who knows! Because I don't! At least not yet.

Homesick Angel
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senpai on Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:15 pm

Well. I'll have you know that owls are my favorite anything ever. So uh. You know. Brownie points. ♥

Senpai
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!