Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Defenders of Earth

The Defenders of Earth

a part of “The Defenders of Earth”, a fictional universe by Taroo.

Superheroes, from all over the world, united to protect the Earth from a cosmic evil. (A character driven RP. Loosely based off The Avengers)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Defenders of Earth”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Defenders of Earth

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taroo on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:50 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Defenders of Earth"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
"All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love." ~ Leo Tolstoy

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Taroo
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Defenders of Earth

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:02 pm

Okay, color me interested. Now I just need to find the right image to go with my character idea.

I'm thinking of making "reformed" super villain with fire based powers.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:53 pm

My characters close to finished. I'll have him done later. In the mean time I'm debating on saying who it was who caught him the one time or leaving it open for some else to take claim for there character doing it.

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taroo on Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:18 pm

Finished enough for me to accept, so I went ahead and did.
Maybe we should wait for more people to see if anyone wants to take it or not.

Taroo
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:03 pm

Hello. I'll be submitting a character rather soon as I am interested in joining this roleplay if you're still accepting applicants. Figured I'd express my interest in this roleplay here just to let you all know.

Edit: Submitted my character. While he's classified as a villain not much about him is particularly villainous. He's technically a villain only in that he commits crimes out of necessity. Figured he'd be a fun addition nonetheless.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:57 am

hm, Recruitment's going a bit slow. Have you considered putting out an add in the roleplayers wanted forum thread?

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taroo on Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:25 am

Recruiting is going slow... But I do have a few characters I have not accepted yet. I have looked over then and what not. And... I have a problem... And it's a hard problem to explain without looking like a harsh butthole, but I'll try my best.

So... It's not like I don't like the characters given to me. Some are fine well thought out character. It's just that... I'm getting a lot of the same type of character... The anti-hero type. Which I'm fine anti-heroes. I love a good anti-hero. And it's not that they are anti-heroes... They are just, well that type of character. And whatever... It's just... I don't want a rp full of anti-hero type characters. So... Yeah... Not sure what to do right now. Might just accept them... Just to have something... But yeah... Just expressing how I see things...

Taroo
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:45 am

You just don't want this rp to get over-saturated with that type of character, right?

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby draketemple on Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:09 pm

I submitted a character, this rp looks very interesting, and im sorry if my character is an anti-hero, i can fix him up a bit if needed

draketemple
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taroo on Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:21 pm

Yes... I just don't want the whole RP to be dominated by the same type of character. That's all... It's boring when all the characters are the same.

Taroo
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Awesome on Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:10 pm

Ah, this is JUST the type of RP I was lookin' for! So much potential for creativity! I have a couple questions though, before I possibly get shot down completely:
Does every character need to be fully super-human, or can I make one that is given a technological edge to make him on par with the others? I already have my character basics planned out for it and all that stuff.
Yyyyyeeeaaaaaah right, snake!

Captain Awesome
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taroo on Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:16 am

Yes. Technology based heroes are good. Like Miracle Girl doesn't have super powers., She had a magic staff, but if you take that away from her she'll be absolutely powerless. But yes. You can have a hero that uses technology and not powers.

Taroo
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby draketemple on Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:02 pm

i edited my character, hopefully its ok now

draketemple
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:19 pm

If needed, I could edit my character to be more suitable to the rp if you wish.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:26 pm

I might ad another two character at some point, if that's alright. Maybe an old fashion cap and tights and spouting speeches about justice type of hero, and one of those suave criminal mastermind types (that last one wouldn't get to do much for a while though).

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Awesome on Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:56 am

Ugh, thank GOD-I'm done. Took me forever getting all the details down. XP

Edit: Could I possibly make a villain as well or is that taking a spot away from someone else? I got an idea for a rather interesting power.

Captain Awesome
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:15 pm

I think this one might be dead. Our GM hasn't shown up for a while now.

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Awesome on Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:32 pm

It wasn't even a week ago and we haven't even done anything. It's possible that he may be bored of the idea but I wouldn't go as far as calling it dead.

*Almost a week later*
Yeah, it might be dead. Aawww! And I had such an awesome character too! ;-;

Captain Awesome
Member for 10 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!