Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Liuena Academy, a new generation

Plot/Arcs

a part of “Liuena Academy, a new generation”, a fictional universe by laxnchill20.

A magical school for those with magical abilities known as Magni.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Liuena Academy, a new generation”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Plot/Arcs

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phantom's Bullet on Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:51 pm

Being an avid fan of the original, It's effectiveness was mostly because of the arcs, So I shall make it here, This place is for discussion of ideas, Like the original, The arcs have to be decently long and include every character

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Phantom's Bullet
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Arc Warden World Builder Lifegiver

Re: Plot/Arcs

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:34 pm

I don't have any plot/arc ideas as of yet, though I'd like to express my interest into the possiblity of entering the or a, if there're multiple world of demons. We never really explored that area in the original roleplay, and I'm actually curious how far we can take this roleplay's "lore" and perhaps come up with a few reasons why Magni and demons are connected with one another. Just thought I'd throw that out here.

Another thing I'm wondering is how aware the human world has become of supernatural phenomena. Have there been any more cases of paranomal activity following the Seagus incident? Perhaps some aware humans and a couple of full-fledged Magni have bonded together to form some kind of MiB organization where they subtly take care of any inhuman troubles before the normies (non-Magni) can take notice? Might be something worthwhile to establish. It has been twenty years after all, and from what I can recall the Seagus incident wasn't exactly... small in scale either.
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby laxnchill20 on Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:51 pm

I love the idea of exploring the demon realm somewhat, maybe some sort of crisis arises there or something, not quite sure yet. But I wanna start much like the last one with an exhibition of powers and some one on one duels just to get us started off.
Laxnchill20

laxnchill20
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AgenderFluxDictator on Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:09 am

Okay, so I am really bad at this sorta thing, but since even magical schools have somewhat average things happen, I decided to give this a try.

1.)Alright, who stole the cafeteria coffee maker? It's like a mystery at first, but then by the middle of it, everyone is suspecting each other, not knowing a nameless custodian took it in to repair something wrong with it. The custodian walks in on everyone arguing in the cafeteria after an attempt to find the coffee killer. After leaving the coffee pot on the table where it was originally, Custodian-Person leaves unnoticed, leaving someone to notice the coffee is back, and tell the others! Everyone wonders who did it, but no one really cares because they're all off the hook.

AgenderFluxDictator
Member for 9 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phantom's Bullet on Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:35 am

Eh, This doesn't seem to really be a "plot" point, NO offense, but I don't want to have a whole arc dedicated to coffee, This would make sense in a normal high school roleplay, But...I'm not sure how far people would go for coffee, As they wasted good time debating who stole it while, they could just buy a new one. I dunno, This idea just seems a bit, "blend".

Phantom's Bullet
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Arc Warden World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:57 pm

@Phantom
Iā€™m glad you liked the original^w^ The arcs were actually pretty difficult to follow through with as Iā€™m sure Byte, Shishio and Lax know firsthand.

@Byte
Actually we did enter the Demonā€™s world albeit it was only a few characters that did. The group that went however went inactive after a while and since the majority of us were doing other things we didnā€™t pick up on it. From what I recall there was to be a war of sorts amongst the demons and maybe they were going to revolt against their Magni. Looking over what we had written in the original I think the idea was that there was a race of demons that were born to non magni. They start a war with Magni and their demons because theyā€™re jealous. At least thatā€™s what I got from it.

I do like the idea of there being a secret organizationx3 Thatā€™d be pretty fun actually. Iā€™m sure there are more humans than before who are aware but maybe not enough where the entire world knows about them. In the original someone suggested that there be three factions, one that was sympathetic towards Magni, some who just want to use them and the usual ā€œMagni are abominations!ā€ We also had an idea for a ghost hunt and I believe Byte suggested a doppelgƤnger of some sort.

Any way . . . eough of my ramblings of the past. @Lax Iā€™d like to try that out again. Itā€™ll give everyone an idea of how each character fights and what not^^

While I donā€™t think the idea of a missing coffee pot would be a very good plot, I think the general idea behind could work just with a different focus. Maybe an old mystical book is stolen and everyone is trying to figure out where it went and who took it. On a different note I had the idea of maybe some of the books in the library were magical. There could be a section that is off limits to the regular student body and the newer teachers. This old and forgotten place houses thousands of books and old rooms that have their own little worlds. Maybe in one room there is some kind of monster that was sealed inside and there could be a shelf that kept books that when opened the contents of said book would come to life.

Those are some of my newer ideas and the rest just me bringing back the old ones we didnā€™t get to play with much^^;
Bleach||A New Era
ā™€ Role Open
(10/25/16)
The Bear's Loft
CS's & future RP's

Polarisbear12
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:22 am

Reading across these suggestions it's stirred some ideas of my own which I'll propose here for discussion. They'll be numbered because why not.

#1: The duels do sound interesting. a theoretical permutation is that we could do 2 vs 2 duels, changing the formula to include an element of teamwork into the mix, testing just how good each student is at working with others.

#2: The idea of an old mystical object of undetermined power going missing can make for a good segment. To expand on that perhaps someone could go and accidentally release a demonic filcher from one of the forbidden zones that goes and steals a number of books and other assorted items of power from the forbidden zone before zipping off into the city, scattering the items to cause all sorts of havoc across town that the students need to go stop.

#3: Referring back to the previous topic of dueling it would be interesting if all the schools on the continent held a biennial tournament at a grand arena. The arena would be hidden by magic so that normal people couldn't see it of course. Each school would each have a team that would participate in a number of challenges ranging from combat to a live quiz show testing their magical knowledge. The entry fee for each school would be an item of adequate importance and power. The school that wins the competition would claim all the items put forth by each school.

Any of this any good?

Zalgo
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!