Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Birthstone Spirits: The Great Escape”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

A Place for Planning

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby usernamesareadrag on Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:28 pm

Hey, guys! Usernamesareadrag here~ I was thinking, in honor of us starting back up, that we might want to try out something that I think is kind of neat! I know that I'm guilty at least of being Dorian-focused to the point of not taking what's up with other character's into consideration with my posts, so...

During time-skips or, really, any time that you have character-related or plot-related ideas, we can post about what's going on with our characters in this thread, especially if something important is happening that we want people to be aware of. That way we can become more aware of each other and take each others' plots and character into consideration with our posts-

Example: Remember how X was knocked out during the explosion? Well, during the time-skip, their hearing's been fading, they've been off balance, etc. If you guys could keep that in mind or PM me if you want to do something more with it, that would be great!

This will make sure that we all:
a) have an easier time knowing what's going on
b) will be able to actually get others involved in the various plots and relationships in the role-play
c) will be involved in everyone else's stories as much as our own character's, which, if we're honest, makes things even
more interesting

Role-playing with this many characters with this amount of problems can be super difficult (believe me, I know), but I think this might help us keep everything in mind and keep us from getting frustrated if something we think is important going on with our characters is completely or almost completely ignored (unless, of course, self-absorption is one of your character choices- if that's the case, give us a heads up so that we'll be in the know and can save that tidbit of knowledge for future confrontations in the role-play~)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

usernamesareadrag
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: A Place for Planning

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Linnea on Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:43 pm

Hey there! A few things I'd like to point out:

Kit has been undergoing some change. He's more open and receptive, so if a character approaches him he might actually listen. He's tired, but a bit happier.

Since that big fight against the cyclopeans, Autumn has been acting a little strange. She's been using the spirits a lot more, so it's not impossible that the rest of the team might be feeling some of the effects of it. Cold spots, bad dreams, missing objects, etc. Feel free to message me if you want in on that!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Linnea
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cirrus_sd on Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:48 pm

Great idea making this thread ^^

So for Harper.....obviously big thing just happened for him. And it's taken me a while to figure out exactly how he's going to go about afterwards. (and tbh, it's still kind of a work in progress.)

Basically, during this week timeskip, I imagine Harper to be putting in some effort into what Haru said. While I don't think he'll go out of his way to apologize directly, I do think he will be talking to Kyle and Tallyho more. Just whenever he happens to be near them. And probably stuff like dumb small talk (tho I imagine there to be some tongue and cheek involved as well...I can totally see him sitting next to Kyle at lunch and asking bluntly, "So. You've also got daddy issues. Do tell.") I have a feeling he'll be self-effacing as well, but he'll also be putting in a genuine effort to be more friendly to them. Whether your Kyle and Tallyho see this is up to them and their writers. :)

Additionally, tho, while he is "opening up" and acting more friendly to everyone, he might also come off as more closed than usual. Something about him will seem strangely hollow or out of focus. He'll be more likely to zone out, drift off in conversation, not really be entirely "there", even tho he'll still be loud and obnoxious like always. If anything, outwardly he might seem even more frantic, in an almost desperate manner, but only when surrounded by his close friends. I doubt those who aren't particularly close to him will pick up on it (with the exception of Falke, should he decide to tap into that mindwave). To his more casual relations, it will seem like he just bounced back from such a traumatic experience. However, if anyone should see him without the company of Xabi, Dorian, Skylar or even Ondine, he's going to be look very quiet and very faded out. Like, uncharacteristically so. To his friends, at the least, he's going to seem a bit "off".

Also, he is not going to want to talk about his attempt at all. He is going to deflect any sort of topic veering towards it, either by completely changing the topic or not saying anything at all. This goes for everyone, close friends, acquaintances, etc. He is not going to talk about it.

As for Ondine, she's going to come off as extremely frustrated and agitated, considering her ward almost ruined everything. She's going to be in a very high level of stress, which will be fairly noticeable to others.
오빤 강남 스타일~!

Mother, Father, Gentleman~!

cirrus_sd
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FyreT1ger on Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:42 pm

I know I already posted something, but I love the edit button and if there's something I can add or change I will.

I'm going to backtrack a little first. Since their imprisonment in the RK dungeon, both Kyle and Nikita were a little on edge. Kyle on edge means more likely to fight, making the confrontation with Harper inevitable.

Haru's drill-down of their problems compounded on his guilty conscience from realizing he hurt his crush Skylar. Skylar was his first concern, but after the fact he realizes that she wasn't the only victim. Dorian and Tallyho and Harper, in that order, were also victims. Harper is his last concern and will be for a long time. Only if he can clearly see that Harper really does want to change will he have greater concern for him. It's very difficult to clear 3+ years of insults and being ignored as a human being. Keep that in mind, Cirrus for ALL of Harper's future interactions.

Nikita witnessed the tail end of Haru's meeting with Amber, so she has reasons to be worried about both Haru and Ryou, because Ryou was an emotional wreck last she saw him and Haru was passed out drunk. She attempted to carry him back to his room, but was unable to carry his entire dead weight by herself. Anyone who was out there at the time could come help her when she called out. Nikita will be more focused on Haru and Ryou and attempt to ease the burden on Haru. She may have asked him for details about what happened before the meeting.

Other ideas I had regarding Kyle specifically were some self-training by manipulating the fountains in the palace garden, or escaping in the city. He would disappear for hours at a time to do either of these activities, and because the month warriors are now public possibly cause a stir. Aside from the edginess since the dungeon he's also changed his diet. He's become pescatarian (vegetarian with the exception of fish.)
Last edited by FyreT1ger on Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FyreT1ger
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby listentothetimpani on Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:46 pm

In light of the recent 1 week time-skip...

After the whole fiasco before the ceremony, and during the party afterward:
Falke has been growing more, and more distant from the group as a whole. It doesn't matter if you are, or were, his friend, or even one of the Guardians (Lillian included) or another warrior that isn't quite a friend, he has pulled back physical and verbal contact from everyone.

He hasn't been showing up at meals (but isn't wasting away or starving), and he hasn't spoken to anyone of the team since the ceremony's party. Occasionally one might catch him in the garden, sitting alone and mediating. Or walking the halls, talking briefly with Princess Morgan, or a palace maid or guard. Shortly after, however, he'll be gone again.

He has been actively avoiding anyone of the group because he doesn't want to be around or apart of anything going on with or within the group. This is because he's tired of everything that's been falling apart since their "claim to fame", and is agonized by the mental backlash he has had to deal with on the account of others...

That being said, this short "vacation" has been good for him, during the day that is - he's been able to drown out the thoughts rushing for his attention, and allow them to zoom past him without bothering him more or less. The break of raw white noise and the quiet times, have been a blessing! However, during the night, nightmares and drowning in others' own dreams, emotions, and thoughts, plague him; sometimes with his powers acting up on his own frayed mental state, accidentally and without knowing, can make others' bad dreams that much worse - but he wakes up feeling exhausted and as if he's been overextending himself.

Other things to note for Falke... Er... Every now and again, the leg he broke months ago at the Academy destruction and fire tends to act up on him, as a result of never quite healing right and the fact that he was only off it for two weeks at most - before dragging himself upright with a walking splint, and hobbled along. So, he may limp, or seem agitated with the limb. The old injury is not aided by the fact that he's been sparring or practicing somewhere in his time avoiding everyone else; and can be seen briefly with new bandages wrapped around a hand or arm covering up slashes or stabs (caused by himself or practicing with a willing knight?) or speckling of bruises over the old cyclopean scar on his throat-line / collar-bone.

Now as for Lillian, she's a constant, silent, ethereal presence. She's been around, if you want advice, or small-talk. Otherwise she's probably here or there singing some old song in her odd tongue, brushing out her hair and braiding it back up again, talking with the tailors or Mildred perhaps about clothes, and/or avoiding men/women that are aware of her bloodline and culture.

Feel free to message me if you want to get something started or in on something with either Falke and Lillian; pretty soon we'll have the orphans back, and maybe I'll come with something with Ben to add unto this forum at a later time. Thank you!

- Cheese~!

listentothetimpani
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby usernamesareadrag on Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:28 am

Hello! Right, so, as I begin my own post, here's a few tidbits I'd be delighted for everyone to keep in mind regarding my own characters-

Dorian's made a new friend, or, rather, he's somehow found himself interacting with one General Cress and, even more unlikely, occasionally enjoying it. Apart from Tallyho, I'd even argue that Trent's probably the person who sees the most of him.

As for Ryou, well, he's not pleased with Haru. Or the month warriors. The other guardians. He's a little less friendly lately, a little more quick to be exasperated, and is certainly visibly torn about how he should behave in Haru's presence, i.e. if he even wants to be around the man.

On a lesser note, Dae's gender fluidity is still a thing, Liam's disturbingly besotted with them if you haven't picked up on that, and Mori's been entertaining the princess with Karma(most likely because, well, the Rose Kingdom books are rather duller than the Academy's ancient manuscripts and the Princess is such a dear little thing).

That's all for now, but if anything else happens while I'm writing, I'll be sure to do a little edit and keep you all in the know!

usernamesareadrag
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby birthstone_spirits on Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:01 pm

Hey guys! I feel like the warriors have gotten a good chance to create complicated relationships but I thought it would be nice to also try to pay mind to guardian relations, especially considering the fact that they are supposed to have history with each other.

It’s very easy to forget about them and treat them as supporting characters to warriors when they really have their own trials. And I don’t think there’s much opportunity for them to feel neutral toward each other after all those years.

I just want to encourage y’all to message each other to clearly lay out your guardian’s history with other characters and any significant events that happened between them.

birthstone_spirits
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!