Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Winter's Bounty

Winter's Bounty

a part of “Winter's Bounty”, a fictional universe by The Adversary.

There are treasures in the world, some grander than gold and silver. To seek these prizes is to invite grave peril upon yourself. If only pirates weren't accustomed to such stakes as it were...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Winter's Bounty”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Winter's Bounty

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Adversary on Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:34 am

Hulloo, and welcome to the primary Out of Character thread for the roleplay Winter's Bounty! This RP was crafted as a joint effort by myself and Imperial Waltz. If you've any interest, feel free to ask away. I'm sure one of us will answer. Almost certainly.

Imperial Waltz made me do it.

"Okay, look. We both said a lot of things that you're going to regret. But I think we can put our differences behind us.. for science.. you monster." ~ GLaDOS, Portal 2

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Adversary
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Winter's Bounty

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imperial Waltz on Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:52 am

Greetings everyone. Welcome to our RP. Please sit down, relax and enjoy your stay.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Imperial Waltz
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheCrimsonLady on Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:56 am

Okay so this is just flippin awesome! I'd like to join, I'd like the place of a boatswain and a doctor if I can have more than one character?

One human and one might be something else, I'm not entirely sure yet xD

Obviously, I love pirates *see Avatar* ^_^
Last edited by TheCrimsonLady on Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Watch me draw this and other strange things

TheCrimsonLady
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imperial Waltz on Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:15 am

TheCrimsonLady wrote:
img]http://lovelace-media.imgix.net/uploads/249/6c963d70-ddc1-0131-bfce-0eb233c768fb.gif?[/img]

Okay so this is just flippin awesome! I'd like to join, I'd like the place of a boatswain and a doctor if I can have more than one character?

One human and one might be something else, I'm not entirely sure yet xD

Obviously, I love pirates *see Avatar* ^_^

Glad to know you're interested! Honestly we weren't expecting traffic so soon so your comment was a pleasant surprise to us. :)

You most certainly can play as multiple characters, we welcome all. With a crew of sixty odd pirates on the Winter's Bounty we certainly aren't lacking in positions. Do note though that you could also have your character start off on the Tarn ship Wind In the Barley, if you so desire. Might be fun starting off on the receiving end of a pirate raid!

Please look through the various info threads we've provided to get a better idea of how the world works, and what it means to be a pirate on the Bounty. It should help you get a better idea of what type of character you want to create.

And with that, welcome!

PS. Might you fix the picture, we currently can't see what it is. Thanks. :)

Imperial Waltz
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheCrimsonLady on Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:48 am

Okay! Awesome, I'll get started on the reading.

It might take me some time though, but I know I'll be using Eva Green for one character and Colin Morgan for another. Just putting it out there so my Fc's won't get snatched up before I'm finished xD

A question though, how dark is this allowed to get, I mean, I'll follow the rules of the site, of course, but this is pirates after all. I have a character in mind with a very dark history that I never got to use, so just wanted to know how far am I allowed to go?

And, I have a character in mind that will be perfect for having been on the Wind in the Barley so...

and Fixed it!

TheCrimsonLady
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imperial Waltz on Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:09 am

TheCrimsonLady wrote:A question though, how dark is this allowed to get, I mean, I'll follow the rules of the site, of course, but this is pirates after all. I have a character in mind with a very dark history that I never got to use, so just wanted to know how far am I allowed to go?

Dark is fine and welcome. This RP has a serious stint in fact so it won't be to out of place. Think Black Sails instead of Pirates of the Caribbean. We have striven to be as accurate as possible to history while remaining a fantasy. Hence the Articles of Agreement, something taken straight out of history.

And please, feel free to PM both myself and The Adversary if you have any questions regarding your character. (It would be wise, in fact, to PM both of us simulatiously. So if one of us can't reach you then the other might.)

Imperial Waltz
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheCrimsonLady on Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:15 am

I am so glad you mentioned Black Sails because, In the past, i'd tried to make a RP similar to that and people didn't seem to grasp that concept at all. This character is from the aforementioned RP.

I'll get started on the characters then, and I will definitely let you know if I have any more questions, I'm sure I will have them. xD

TheCrimsonLady
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:18 am

Oh joyous day a pirate rp with people who know a thing or two about pirates, and ye have references to the actual articles many would follow! -swoon-

*Ahem* Please do excuse me, for I love a good pirate and pirate story. If I may be permitted to do so, might I reserve the doctor position? I have a character in mind, but I am using my tablet at work and cannot yet post it till tommorow. Also, forgive me if it was mentioned, but do you have any rules regarding the face claims? I myself am comfortable using anything but celebrities/real life face claims. If you prefer realistic/real, I am willing to provide a realistic artwork for approval (with proper citation of the artist of course)

In any case, I'm hoping to be fortunate enough to join this crew of rp-ers.
Current quote going on in my head:

"You look like a girl!"
"That's what I am, half-wit!"
"Yeah, but today you look it!"

Ever After

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imperial Waltz on Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:26 am

stealthpanther wrote:Oh joyous day a pirate rp with people who know a thing or two about pirates, and ye have references to the actual articles many would follow! -swoon-

*Ahem* Please do excuse me, for I love a good pirate and pirate story. If I may be permitted to do so, might I reserve the doctor position? I have a character in mind, but I am using my tablet at work and cannot yet post it till tommorow. Also, forgive me if it was mentioned, but do you have any rules regarding the face claims? I myself am comfortable using anything but celebrities/real life face claims. If you prefer realistic/real, I am willing to provide a realistic artwork for approval (with proper citation of the artist of course)

In any case, I'm hoping to be fortunate enough to join this crew of rp-ers.

Welcome!

As for your question:
-We do not reserve spots until we have a good idea on how the character will turn out. This is not a first come first serve roleplay, we choose characters who we think will fit best for the RP. So for example, if we get two character applications one right after another in quick succession, both applying for the same position and the second one is the superior profile to the first we will choose that one even though it came second. But do not worry or let this get you down! We are accommodating fellows and are more then willing to work with players. Say for example you submit an application for the doctor role and there is already a doctor character accepted, in this case we might be willing to have more then one character fulfil such a role. More doctors the better, no? This obviously only applies to positions that could logically have more then one member filling it.
-Our only stipulation on pictures is; No anime, and no pictures that obviously break the setting. If your plucky doctor character has a picture of a space marine as their avatar we're more likely then not going to ask you to change it.

I hope this as answered your questions and please feel free to ask any other question that comes to mind. :)

Imperial Waltz
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:34 pm

Ah, fair enough, fair enough. I shall begin working on the character. I will finish my character after my sleep, for the night shift leaves me quite tired. But I shall get a wip up for now.

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phoenixheart on Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:05 pm

Since you don't reserve characters in the traditional sense, I'm letting you know that I'm going to start working on a character for the role of the Master

phoenixheart
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:13 pm

I was wondering, which of these lands is a human -ruled one?

Nerathon
Capital: Nisaach

St. Daré's Empire – Aron
Capital: Jubo

Also, is it possible to make my character a child of say, a duke (or equivalent)...or a count if I need to lower the rank? There is a reason for all of this, of which I'd be happy to explain should you need me to.

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Adversary on Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:48 pm

phoenixheart wrote:Since you don't reserve characters in the traditional sense, I'm letting you know that I'm going to start working on a character for the role of the Master

Glad to hear. We look forward to seeing your character.

stealthpanther wrote:I was wondering, which of these lands is a human -ruled one?

Nerathon
Capital: Nisaach

St. Daré's Empire – Aron
Capital: Jubo

Also, is it possible to make my character a child of say, a duke (or equivalent)...or a count if I need to lower the rank? There is a reason for all of this, of which I'd be happy to explain should you need me to.

The only elf-ruled nation left in the world is Sédali. Apart from them, all other nations are dominated by humans. Mermaids don't have a nation of their own, they live either in sea tribes or assimilate into dry-land powers.

As for your character being related to a noble, that's fine.

The Adversary
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Adversary on Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:44 pm

And thus we have our bosun: Xandra Ravenswood!

The Adversary
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheCrimsonLady on Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:53 pm

TheCrimsonLady
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Adversary on Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:09 pm

TheCrimsonLady wrote:

I feel that about sums it up.

The Adversary
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imperial Waltz on Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:36 pm

Congratulations, Crimson.

Imperial Waltz
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheCrimsonLady on Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:44 pm

Thank you, I'm working on my other character now xD Wish Me Luck xD

TheCrimsonLady
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imperial Waltz on Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:52 pm

TheCrimsonLady wrote:Thank you, I'm working on my other character now xD Wish Me Luck xD

Our magnificent - as Adversary's character can attest - Quartermaster will be up relatively soonTM.

Imperial Waltz
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Adversary on Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:55 pm

Imperial Waltz wrote:Our magnificent [...] Quartermaster

Putatively.

The Adversary
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!