Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

In The Muddy Waters

[OOC] Chit Chat and Questions [Deadline 7th July]

a part of “In The Muddy Waters”, a fictional universe by hixxi.

In the small town of Mayfern, six youths are about to have their lives changed forever when they receive special powers from a faerie king. With these gifts they are charged with the defense of the realm of the fae, and their own.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “In The Muddy Waters”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Chit Chat and Questions [Deadline 7th July]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hixxi on Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:34 pm

Here we have an OOC thread to discuss goings-on and ask questions.
Last edited by hixxi on Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

hixxi
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Chit Chat and Questions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:33 pm

Hey hey, just a question, what's the Aether guard entail? Is that like a dark, or unaspected or something else?
"I saw the traveler make his way toward the monolith,
That thin gash amidst the clouds;
An open seam between heaven and earth that eluded the Eye of God.

Or perhaps it had not; perhaps it beckoned from one realm
To the other, wedded And ruled as one;
For look how clean it splits the horizon 'twain, absorbs it,
Makes it Strange,
An indomitable beam,
A Tower of Heaven."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hixxi on Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:59 pm

Aether is based on the classical element of 'the stuff that makes up other stuff'. It was very popular with medieval alchemists! Here's the wiki page on it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aether_(classical_element)

Really it can be interpreted in a number of ways. It's perhaps one of the elements with the most amount of creativity to be found in whomever wishes to apply for that!

hixxi
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:36 pm

Ah I think I'll toss in an app for it then! Been a while so sorry if I'm rusty!

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hixxi on Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:41 pm

Take your time and don't stress about it! There's a lot of time before apps have to be in!

hixxi
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:58 pm

Awesome, can;t wait to get it in!

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hixxi on Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:11 am

I will look forward to reading it!

hixxi
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElusiveAuthor on Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:37 pm

Are real people face claims mandatory? I'm asking because I noticed that all NPC face claims fall under this category and I have an aversion to using those by principle... >.<"

I mean, I can just imagine a person browsing the web, coming across their own face being used in this matter and being deeply disturbed by it.

(not trying to be preachy, but my post is apparently too short for forum otherwise, so I might as well explain why I have trouble with it)

Edit: How do you guys get such short posts working?

ElusiveAuthor
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hixxi on Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:46 pm

Nope, they don't have to be photographs, I'm open. Everyone has different preferences and that's fine as long as no one is being rude! The only thing I would ask for a face claim image is that it's a decent quality and not like ... a 240p screen cap of an 80s anime show from youtube. ;)

hixxi
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unicorns.are.real on Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:06 pm

Hey ^_^
Just thought I'd stop in and say love what you've done with this RP, I just dropped in an application, hope you like her :)

unicorns.are.real
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElusiveAuthor on Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:37 am

Hmm... Are the similar names on purpose? Not that I mind that much, it could make for an interesting dynamic.

I'd better get searching for a new nickname for Alethea though... xD

ElusiveAuthor
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hixxi on Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:26 am

They're both cute names. :)

I'm going to add a post to the Mayfern thread about British-isms. It did not occur to me until this morning that probably the majority of people here would be American and may be unfamiliar with things like the schooling system here. If there's anything folks would like me to add in for reference, please tell me. <3

hixxi
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unicorns.are.real on Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:02 am

Oh shit aha, I didn't even think about the names thing ahaha, happy to change if I'm accepted, I'm not married to Thea or anything!!

unicorns.are.real
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:21 pm

Alright I sent mine in, probably going to do some tweaking to it but I gotta get ready for work (ugh work)

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElusiveAuthor on Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:56 pm

The Guardians seem to be becoming a collection of loners xD

ElusiveAuthor
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hixxi on Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:06 pm

This will be the RP:

hixxi
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:43 pm

Mine's a bit recycled so like I said, tweaking will most likely happen

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unicorns.are.real on Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:07 pm

ahaha omg I love that gif.

Aelfric: "You will have to work together to complete this quest"

The Gaurdians:

unicorns.are.real
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hixxi on Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:12 pm

You don't even know how long I've been waiting for an excuse to use that gif really.

hixxi
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:33 am

I did the thing with the thing and now Anthony just doesn't stand out like a sore thumb!

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!