Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

In The Muddy Waters

[OOC] Chit Chat and Questions [Deadline 7th July]

a part of “In The Muddy Waters”, a fictional universe by hixxi.

In the small town of Mayfern, six youths are about to have their lives changed forever when they receive special powers from a faerie king. With these gifts they are charged with the defense of the realm of the fae, and their own.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “In The Muddy Waters”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Chit Chat and Questions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hixxi on Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:19 pm

It looks nice! Just FYI I might be a little inactive over the weekend as my mother is visiting, but should still be able to find time to answer questions and such. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

hixxi
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:24 am

Hi, I am still not sure if I want to join this rpg or not but it certainly has my interest. I just have one question. What kind of powers does the Solar Guard have? Is it light abilities or something else?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hixxi on Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:25 am

Yes! Light/sun themed abilities. :)

hixxi
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:52 am

Okay I am game and I submitted my character. Figured ya'll needed a more extroverted character here. If you have trouble getting people for the last two spots, I can always play a male character, but I'd like to see more people join first.

Also, it's nice to see a familiar face in this group. Hey Beach Boy, long time no see!

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hixxi on Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:02 pm

Neato burrito. Just as a side note, I am not sure if you realise that the town is set in England? There are a few spots in your character profile that are a wee bit American - the biggest issue being you might want to up the age of the accident because in England we cannot drive until we are 17. :)

hixxi
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:22 pm

Hey Zodia how's it hanging?
"I saw the traveler make his way toward the monolith,
That thin gash amidst the clouds;
An open seam between heaven and earth that eluded the Eye of God.

Or perhaps it had not; perhaps it beckoned from one realm
To the other, wedded And ruled as one;
For look how clean it splits the horizon 'twain, absorbs it,
Makes it Strange,
An indomitable beam,
A Tower of Heaven."

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:20 pm

OMG! I am so sorry! I really goofed there! Okay so British. Um, so when do British folk graduate from High school than? Answer me that and than I'll change it.

I am doing well Beach Boy. The rpgs I am in have mostly newbies or people I am unfamiliar with so it's nice to see someone I am familiar roleplaying with.

Edit: Well, I answered my own question by looking at the Mayfern thread lol. Thanks this will help.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:03 pm

Well after so long away I'm happy to see someone I recognize too!

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unicorns.are.real on Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:57 pm

aww friendship buddies

unicorns.are.real
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hixxi on Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:05 am

You guys are so sweet aww. <3

Yes if you ever want me to pop anything in the Mayfern thread please just tell me and I'll add details!

hixxi
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:03 pm

I didn't add this to my character profile because I wanted to ask this question first- since my character's career path is the Theater, could she actually help out at that Assembly Hall with their local performances?

Lol yeah one of thing I love about these kind of rpgs is the interaction between other players. Hell I still every now and than talk to RPG players I've played with 15 years ago.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hixxi on Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:24 pm

Yes of course she can! I'm going to add another couple of npcs for the hall and the police station so she'll at least have a connection to them. :)

hixxi
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unicorns.are.real on Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:25 pm

Yeah, every time I think back on some of my more successful RPs I'm always like 'I wonder what those people are up to now'

unicorns.are.real
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kirby-Liane on Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:00 pm

Hey,
I am a brand new member to Roleplay Gateway and i am really interested in applying for the fire guard if possible i have seen that its still available to take but i am not sure if anyone has reserved it so please let me know.

Kirby-Liane
Member for 8 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hixxi on Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:10 am

No one has applied for the fire guard, so you are most welcome to apply for it here:

applications-t99657.html

hixxi
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:25 am

Thank you Hixxi. Well nice we have an applicant for the Fire Guard.

So Hixxi, is the college level in England equivalent of high school in the USA? Or is it actually college where you pick out your class times and what not?

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hixxi on Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:06 am

College in the UK is a little different to high school and can be taken in place of Sixth Form. We have two systems that run parallel because we're weird. Sixth Form actually came into effect the year I left college as a widespread option.

Regardless, for college in the UK you would pick usually 3-4 subject to study for an exam called your A Levels/AS Levels. When I was at college, for example, I took three classes a year.

Year 1 was Film Studies, Media Studies and English Lang/Lit.
Year 2 was History, Media Studies and English Lang/Lit.

Therefore I have an A level in Media and English because I took them for two years, and an AS level in Film and History because I took them for one year.

Dependent on the type of qualifications I have and the grades I got, I will then be awarded a certain number of points called UCAS points. I can use these to apply for university courses. UK college is probably very similar to US high school, and US college is very similar to UK university. :)

hixxi
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kirby-Liane on Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:21 pm

I am working on my application now and i have linked her too the Sullivan family if that is okay as i like to have my characters with a detailed background and family ties.

Kirby-Liane
Member for 8 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElusiveAuthor on Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:44 pm

Just a Wind Guard now, if I remember correctly xD

ElusiveAuthor
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:13 pm

It be nice if that last character was male since we have 4 female characters. I always pick female characters first because well, they're easier for me to play since I am a female myself lol.

Thanks for the info Hixxi, that really helps.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!