Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Heroes of RolePlay City

Heroes of RolePlay City

a part of “Heroes of RolePlay City”, a fictional universe by Skallagrim.

This city and its beleaguered citizens are in desperate need of heroes. RolePlay City is calling for you. Can you measure up to the standards set by the great heroes of RolePlay City’s golden age?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Heroes of RolePlay City”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Heroes of RolePlay City

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:09 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Heroes of RolePlay City"

If you have questions ask me. If you are interested submit a character.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Re: [OOC] Heroes of RolePlay City

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:32 am

I have one major rule and that is no killing of someone's named creations unless you get their expressed permission.

Nameless goons and thugs can be used as cannon fodder all you want. However named villains or named organizations cannot be destroyed or killed. Respect other peoples work and intellectual property and we will do the same to yours.

Also treat this as a DC/Marvel/Dark Horse type of universe where the fights that happen are better when the villains pound the crap outta the heroes sometimes. Also feel free to establish alternate identities for your heroes and families or occupations and love interests. Make this role-play breathe life.

Skall

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:30 pm

NPC Villains and Heroes for HRPC: You may use these in your storylines, however refrain from killing them as they inhabit the city as well. You may also make your own NPC heroes or villains and add them to this roster. Just follow the template outlined below.

Thank you.

Alias: Crimson Raider
Role: Villain

Powers: Ability to create a crimson sword that can slice through 3 inches of steel plate with ease.

Weakness:Crimson Raider's powers rely on a strange ruby and gold amulet she wears around her neck. With out the amulet her powers are gone.

Weapons: The mystically created crimson sword. She also has a belt that holds concussion grenades and smoke grenades.

Abilities/Skills: Crimson Raider is a world class swordswoman and an Olympic level gymnast.

Appearance or Costume: The Crimson Raider is a petite woman with a fiery red hair and wears a crimson red body suit. She wears a half-mask that covers her eyes and part of her face.

Alias:Titan
Role: Villian

Powers: Titan has inhuman strength able to lift/press up to 25 tons with ease. He also has incredibly dense skin, that resembles polished granite, he is has invulnerability to small arms fire, up to a 20 mm shell at point blank range.

Weakness: While incredibly strong, he is not very bright and his reflexes are what an average man has.

Weapons: He carries a huge club made of a steel girder.

Abilities/Skills:Titan has limited knowledge of hand to hand combat. He has a fifth grade education and hates being talked down to or treated like he is a child.

Appearance or Costume: Titan is about 12'tall and weighs nearly 2,800 lbs. His body is a gleaming polished marble-like substance.

Alias: Dr. Wolfram
Role: Villain

Powers: Has telekinetic powers that allow him to create a bolt of force with a range of about 300 feet. This bolt of force is the equivalent to 1,000 lbs of pressure per square inch it is sufficient to pummel a car easily or break through a six-inch concrete wall.
Dr. Wolfram can also create a wall of force that can stop a single attack, and then is gone. Hence, if someone were to shoot at him he'd have to keep making walls to stop the bullets from hitting him.

Weakness: Has all normal human weaknesses.

Weapons: None

Abilities/Skills: Has a PhD. Level education and was a Psychiatrist before his powers manifest themselves.

Appearance or Costume:Dr. Wolfram wears a black suit and is a distinguished looking man with graying hair around the temples.

Alias:Qix
Female:
Role:Hero

Powers: Qix has the ability of superspeed able to run at an astonishing 500 miles per hour. This superspeed carries over to her fighting as well and she is able to punch several times in the span of a normal punch.

Weakness: While extremely fast, it comes with a price. Qix has to continually feed her body or it will fatigue rapidly as her body uses up the energy stored. If pressed for any length of time she will grow weaker and slower until she falls into a state where her body shuts down. She is not any stronger than a professional athlete of her size and stature.

Weapons: She carries a truncheon that she uses as a club.

Abilities/Skills: Qix is an accomplished Muay-Thai fighter and uses her elbows, knees and feet at such speeds she tends to overwhelm her opponents before they know she is there.

Appearance or Costume: Qix wears a blue-white body suit and mirrored goggles to protect her eyes. She is 5'4" tall and weighs about 130 lbs.

Alias: Dr. Samantha Bach
Gender Female
Role: Doctor

Powers: None:

Weakness: Human Frailty.

Weapons: Mace and a taser.

Abilities/Skills: Military Medicine and Emergency medicine.

Appearance or Costume: A tall willowy blonde with large steel blue eyes and a knowing smile. Dr. Bach runs a medical clinic in Queen's Landing. In addition to doing community medical health checks and basic care, Dr. Bach has been known to help heroes who have been injured in their duties.

Dr. Bach and General Freedom have a close working relationship, and he is often at her clinic helping with community activities. There are rumors that there is a closer relationship than that between them. What is not know is that prior to her getting married and before her duty with the Air Force, retiring as a Colonel, Samantha Bach was Samantha Wallis, James Stephan Wallis, better known as General Freedom's, sister.

Creator: Skallagrim

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Culex on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:09 am

Heya Skall. Is it cool if I make another character at some point? I mean, I'm liking mine and I can't wait for this RP to get deeper, but if I feel as though I need to make another may I?
“I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future... I consume time... And I will consume you!”

Culex
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:52 pm

Yes you can, this is an open universe with the only limit on respecting other peoples IP and no god like entities. Make a new character and submit the bio to me.

I hope everyone gets into this RP and helps to bring it to life.

Skall

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Whysper on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:41 pm

Well met, everyone!

Skallagrim,

I copied the profile of the Deadeye character that I played in the previous incarnation of the game over to this version. I'm still trying to find my way around the new Roleplay feature, so I'm hoping that I did this correctly. As I try and write the character into the action by all means do not hesitate to point out anything that I need to adjust so that things do not become out of sync with any new directions you have chosen for the game. I'm very much looking forward to seeing where things go.

Whysper
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Culex on Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:44 am

Gotta say, Whysper, I like your character's idea. He's got a cool vibe, I just hope this RP is once again active, since many RP's I'm in are going inactive after a few months of inactivity on my part.

Culex
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:01 am

Like any role-play it requires the people involved to be active and have a desire to see the role-play continue to grow and expand.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Whysper on Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:29 pm

Culex wrote:Gotta say, Whysper, I like your character's idea. He's got a cool vibe, I just hope this RP is once again active, since many RP's I'm in are going inactive after a few months of inactivity on my part.

Thanks for the kind words, Culex.

RPs losing steam and simply dying on the vine is one of the more frustrating features of online gaming - especially when the game itself is very promising. We'll just have to see about making sure we maintain some solid activity in that case as this game has a lot of potential.

Whysper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Whysper on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:46 pm

With my most recent post I've finished carrying over the bank robbery story that I had used to establish certain aspects of the Deadeye character in the previous game. With the reboot of the game, I'll be looking to spin off of this in a bit of a different way than I had originally planned. For the moment, at least, the character is now freed up for possible interaction with others in the Remaeus Park area of the game.

Whysper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:05 pm

I love that story for introduction of Deadeye. I have added a new location, the Hall of Heroes where villains are taken for processing. It is also a place for heroes to meet each other logically instead of in a random haphazard manner.

I have just about finished the General Freedom story introduction and will spin that off to other things once I finish it. Also the power is now going out city wide so that can offer new opportunities for hero/villain and hero/hero interactions.

Skall

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:56 pm

By the way if you would like to create a villain or hero( sidekick or nemesis) please feel free to work with the template I have and shoot it to me for approval. One I ok them you can post there here for others to use.

Skall

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:26 am

Edelle, nice to have you join this role-play. So far Whysper and I have been carrying it but I am looking forward to having Monster be an active hero in the RPGCity. If you have been keeping up the same beginning with the scarab beetles.

Deadeye is dealing with the criminals trying to hit the Newsstand and the assault that occurred at the Hall of Heroes where something important was taken. Are things occurring concurrently with the nastiness at the IDE.

Skall

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:59 pm

Hi Skallagrim, utterly thrilled to see this back again! Do you need us to re summit our characters here, to you by PM, or are we clear to post if said characters were accepted in the last one?

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:38 am

Howdy Kohananinja, yes you can use the same character, just place it in the character hopper for approval. If you are using the same character as last time, I thought she was a great character and had a lot of potential. With the new system and all the locations inked I think we can create some great role-plays.

Skall

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:53 pm

Alrighty, I got Overload in there :). If she shows up, does that mean I'm clear to post, or do we get the ok directly from you?

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:59 pm

Feel free to post. There's a lot going on in the City. Well with all these characters I hope more stories take place than Deadeye and General Freedom...such a large city with so much potential, I'd hate to see to go to waste.

Skall

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Whysper on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:33 am

This is just a quick note to say that life is looking to be keeping me from finishing up my next couple posts for a few days yet. I was on the road every day this last week and will be traveling again for work through the weekend. With a bit of luck, my schedule should lighten up a bit come Monday and I'll be able to move things along with Deadeye.

Whysper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:24 am

I hear you, I have been busy with work as well and while I can pop in to check the boards and do some Admin stuff I have been unable to sit down and properly post anything for my role-plays. I should be in a more lax state next week and can devote the attention needed.

Skall

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:43 pm

I will be away this weekend as the wife and I are going to a reunion. I will be back on Monday and reply to any posts then.

Skall

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!