Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hiyo, Ahoy There, and all that Rot

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hiyo, Ahoy There, and all that Rot

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cass on Fri May 23, 2008 7:29 pm

My name is Cass and I've been roleplaying online for about five years. My last roleplay home was ayenee.com and I was quite involved there, once upon a time.

I've been a little sidetracked with life and WoW, but am coming back to my roots. I role-play almost any genre. I have particular interest in the Warhammer 40k roleplay here. I play Sisters of Battle, one character in particular and her unit. Here is a sample of my SoB work:

Those slippery words from the pit of the unholy caressed the ears of Sister Berrans even as her body was drawn into his arms as if she had been a long lost lover. The shudder of pain which enveloped the lead Sister could be marked only by the crimson sheen which stained the weapon even as the front plates of her own armor came to rest against his own. Gasping breath of denial would be given, that left shoulder spliced in two and arm dangling even as they were shifted and the very foundations of the monastery began to come down around them. And dangling there like a puppet she would be as he instructed the troops to disperse and the entries of her own squads were blocked.

The Cannoness twitched against him, run clean through with that sword of archaic make and yet even in this death there was a will that defied the Sorceror. That free arm had all but dropped the pistol, hanging down against her side even as the attention of this evil one rested upon her, but this surely was not the end. Her face would contort amidst the sweetest pain that she could have ever imagine, the knowledge that each droplet of blood staining the sword of this vile one would mark him and his kind all the more as a target for the armies who would avenge a fallen warrior of the Emperor, that martyr stained blood pooling around their feet even as gasping words came. “For.. the.. Emperor.”

And with the last of those words so would come perhaps an almost unthought of thing, for in truth her mind had been focused upon those sisters outside the walls, as if she were trying to reach them just one last time… to allow them somehow to know that to die for the Emperor was an honor, and that she herself had died not only for his glory but for her fellow sisters. The clip of a grenade would be removed as that head lolled forth, those words signaling perhaps the end of an age, and the death of one whom they had all held dear.

I will be taking a look at the other story platforms as well to see if anything strikes a chord. What I am looking for in a roleplay forum is a group of mature writers who don't thrive on ooc drama or make silly assumptions and auto me in character without my permission. There is a certain give and take to real roleplay, that is what I enjoy.

Cass
Last edited by Cass on Sun May 25, 2008 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cass
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Hiyo.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eymber on Sat May 24, 2008 4:16 pm

ImageImage
Hey there Cass!! It's great to see that you are giving us a chance! There are a few things that we ask that you do... First, click the rules button in my post to read what we have laid down as ground rules... Also, check out the guide to RPG, which will give you a general idea what we're about. A lot of that will be un-needed information, since you already know hwo to put a post together... [quite beautifully done, by the way...] ... But it's just some helpful information. I'm going to stop rambling now, but if you need anything, feel free to PM either myself or one of the other staff members.
We're here to help! I hope that you find your niche here!

Until then....

-Eymber
...Arise and be all that you dream....

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Eymber
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Sat May 24, 2008 5:42 pm

Come on! Doesn't anybody rickroll anybody on here?
Those links in Em's post actually go where you'd think they go.
And the one in Hyde's sig! I would of thought him, of all people, would...

Oh, welcome, Cass, if you want to see anything of me besides these little snipits of randomness, check out the war of light and dark.
ImageImageImageImageImage

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cass on Sun May 25, 2008 3:04 am

Nothing at all wrong with little snippits of randomness. But I will check you out for good measure.

Cass
Member for 16 years

Re: Hiyo, Ahoy There, and all that Rot

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Sun May 25, 2008 10:57 am

A Sister of Battle.... Let us together purge the Xenos with glorious fire, for the Emperor is forgiving with his melta cannon, and blaster rifle, All praise him!

Anyway, nice Intro post, and welcome to the site! Would you mind Joining my Roleplay

Ryand-Smith
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cass on Sun May 25, 2008 7:25 pm

There is no such thing as innocence, only varying degrees of guilt.

Cass
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cass on Mon May 26, 2008 1:21 am

Oh, and by the by... if there are any former ayenee.comers out there, this is that Cass. :P

I've been looking for a good site to roleplay on that wasn't entrenched in drama.

Cass
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Mon May 26, 2008 1:31 am

Drama the bane of all things...LOL
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cass on Mon May 26, 2008 1:39 am

I totally agree! Unless it is in character, and that's just flavor.

Cass
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!