Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

All in (dis)Order

All in (dis)Order

a part of “All in (dis)Order”, a fictional universe by mindless_invalid.

For longer than any can remember the fey&human citizens of Serroc have lived in fear, under the oppressive fist of their leader. But now, no longer. A change is beginning...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “All in (dis)Order”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] All in (dis)Order

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mindless_invalid on Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:23 pm

IC & Character applications--> "All in (dis)Order"

In the city of Serroc, order is everything.
Governed and run by a formidable woman known only by her title - The Grand Sensibility, and her cruel, unforgiving reputation, the citizens of Serroc know their place, and the consequences of stepping out of it.

Serroc is divided into 5 regions, separated by a long, winding river which springs from somewhere beneath the center of the city and has been made to run in four circular moats. This centrepoint island is home to Sensibility, most of the island taken up with a large, menacing tower that at least gives the impression that the Sensibility has eyes everywhere, overlooking all. None enter here save the highest ranking of her Orderlies, the 'peace-keepers' of the city, or so named by Sensibility (and few others.) It is accessible only by one large bridge which runs between it and the second region, guarded day and night by Orderlies. Sensibility herself seldom leaves here, preferring to govern the city from a distance, through her minions.
The second region, circling the first, is where these Orderlies dwell and work in their Courts of Order. Citizens visit this region only to report chaotic activity, or, more frequently, to be judged and punished for some disorderly activity they are said to have been involved in. The disappearance of a family member or friend in the dead of night is not an uncommon occurrence, and questions about it can lead to the same fate for the asker. Few who are dragged to the courts of order return. Of the punishments themselves little is known, save vicious and vile rumours and the occasional screaming through the darkness.
The third, middle region is given to the upper-class citizens of Serroc, judged to be strict followers of order, or born into a family judged so. Fraternization between these and the lower-class is discouraged, though not strictly prohibited, and may cast doubt on an otherwise clean record.
The business district lies snugly around the third, frequented by all citizens and even the civilised fey, if they have significant reason to do so. Behavior is guarded here, however, for the orderlies patrol everywhere.
Travel between these three is easier, with a number of ferries travelling back and forth through the day as well as private boats and rafts. Only one ferry is available for passage between the business district and the last region, a community scattered around the outskirts of the city, bordered on almost all edges by Hyde Woods, a forbidden place that houses all manner of fey creatures.
The shambles community is home to the lower-class citizens of Serroc, placed there for being fey sympathisers or simply too poor to move to the more respectable third region, and a number of 'civilised fey,' creatures who have agreed to live by the rules of The Grand Sensibility to live in the city, albeit on the limits of it, with very little freedom to travel around, for leaving the city shows a chaotic spirit and no fey creature is permitted any deeper into the city than the business district, with the exception of those who have been hobbled so as to render them unable to use their abilities and serve as servants for the Orderlies, Upper-class citizens and, it is rumoured, Sensibility herself. Slaves would probably be a more appropriate, if unspoken term for it is not necessary to pay the creatures for their services, save providing them enough food that they do not starve and are able to do their duties.

For far longer than anyone can remember, the city has been run this way, and none have questioned it, or those who did were dragged to the Courts of Order before their question could be voiced.
But a number of citizens, fey and human alike, growing weary of the oppression, have come together in secret, the beginnings of a rebellion.
For too long, anything 'disorderly' has been judged with fear or violence, and the people are stirring.
A change is beginning to occur....
Last edited by mindless_invalid on Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alys&Samael
believe what you can't see
I am Serenity and Calamity combined.
"We get sick when we get started,
What you got is what you wanted,
I will take the time to make it
Just so you've the chance to break it
I start shaking when you shake it,
Holy Shit, you sure can turn it on"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

mindless_invalid
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] All in (dis)Order

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Machubi-Uniki on Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:30 am

This looks quite interesting, although I do have a few questions.

First things first: exactly what literacy level would you consider this roleplay being?

Also, I know you said there wasn't a real plot line but is there a path (even in its smallest measurement) you wish for our characters to take for both the 'good' (whichever that may be) and 'evil' characters?

And lastly, for the written introduction do you want that to be a description like introduction (I know obviously there needs to be some) or an interaction like introduction....

ok I know I said lastly but...I swear this is my last question: Are their limitations on technology and occupations, ex. could characters range from an alchemist to a genetisists or from medieval knights to modern day snipers.

sorry for the inconvenience.

-M

"I laugh at funny things. I laugh in the face of danger. Therefore, danger has a funny face." ~ME <3
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." ~Groucho Marx

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Machubi-Uniki
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mindless_invalid on Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:48 pm

As I wrote in the rules, which for some reason didn't come through, I would prefer semi lit+ but it's more important to me that you bring a creative and imaginative mind than that your spelling and grammar is correct. With the intro I was meaning I just don't really want to see
Name;
Age;
Likes;
Hair;
Eyes;....

sort of thing but the context your intro comes in is up to you, it gives me an example of the style you write in etc.
The only pathway I've created with the intro is that there is some kind of resistance group forming, as for the ''bad'' side of things I'd be interested to see other motives for evil people can construct, but basically they serve Sensibility in her mission to keep magic and ''chaos'' out of the city.
Technologically the city would be more sided to medieval ages and Sensibility wouldn't want the citizens becoming too advanced, but who knows what level of knowledge she and her followers have reached in the secrecy of their parts of the city.
Haha that's still a little vague, isn't it? It wouldn't be up to modern day level, especially amongst the citizens and creatures, but you would have a little more freedom as one of the evil forces.

No probs on the questions, if you don't ask you can't know =]

mindless_invalid
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mindless_invalid on Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:56 pm

bleedingcrimson, nice character, you've been accepted. Waiting for a few more to join before we begin.

mindless_invalid
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Machubi-Uniki on Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:47 am

O.K. thanks a million.

I will be getting to work on the character now. Sorry I couldn't start sooner. With Thanksgiving and all the family I really had zero computer access. ;)

I also have one more question though that wouldn't effect my intro at all...at least not the one I am working on. =.= I was just wondering if there was a character limit. This is of course for future creation and such because for now I really only feel like rping one, but hey you never know, things change and such.

Thanks again and I am sooo sorry for asking more Y-Y,

-M

***P.S.
The secod character I would be making would be this (though I don't know for sure if I will make him):
A male character that works for the ruler and such. I have and idea for motives but that is subject to change and probably will be so I won't bother posting it yet. Plus, I need to sleep. C-ya. Also, I posted my character Sae hope you enjoy her. ;)

Last but not least concerning Sae's ability to see into the future. If I write it of my own free will it will only effect my characters. The only time I will use it to effect others will be when you decide to give her a vision. That is my rule in all rps where I may have a character who can experience premonitions. Otherwise they will be small things like seeing a fruit drop from someone's hand. Or something that only effects my character. ;)

Adios

*chu* -if you have ever read a manga you may recognize that as a kissing noise. <.< >.>

******Edit: ok, sooo, due to the unnoying lack of male characters I am feeling the need to create my second character, soooooo I will get to work on it AND with your permission I will submit it. ;) Plus, I have just practically fallen in love with the character in my head *-*

Machubi-Uniki
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mindless_invalid on Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:21 am

Sounds great I really like Sae.
The only time I will place a character limit is if it seems you're getting in over your head, if you can handle playing twenty people I have no problem with it =]

With the foresight thing, if you do want to involve someone else just throw them a line here and get permission, if I have any interesting ideas for her I'll let you know,..

A darker charrie will work great as I said I'll also play Sensibility to begin with.

also...
muchly appreciate how much attention you paid to the intro (:

I'm gonna throw a post in the ic now guys so feel free to whenever you like...
I go to uni so may not be straight on to replying but I check in everyday or two.

mindless_invalid
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mindless_invalid on Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:38 am

ooh, wow.
Erm, please ignore the two blank posts in the IC board people, I'm not sure how or why that happened.
I'm way tired haha.

mindless_invalid
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Machubi-Uniki on Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:10 pm

Glad you like her :D

Also, no problem with the IC thing, can't even count the number of times I've done something, or rather the computer, has done something wierd. XD

Machubi-Uniki
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BleedingCrimson on Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:41 am

I'm so glad we've started! I'll post asap, hopefully it will be up to par!
All say, "How hard it is that we have to die" - a strange complaint to come from the mouths of people who have had to live.
~Mark Twain

BleedingCrimson
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mindless_invalid on Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:33 am

Sorry about the delay in posting guys, Laptop crashed with two uni assignments saved on it so I've been stuck doing a lot of entirely unenjoyable writing.
BleedingCrimson where is your character? From your post I'd guess in the outskirts of the city or the woods?

mindless_invalid
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mindless_invalid on Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:39 am

Haha the time difference is ridiculous. Before I changed it to australian time (where I'm from) all my posts were at like four or five in the morning default time...

mindless_invalid
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mindless_invalid on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:14 pm

Onemi is great, he's accepted.
He'll make for an excellent and interesting member of the rp I think..

mindless_invalid
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Machubi-Uniki on Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:16 pm

thank you much

I still can't believe i spelled his name wrong. I don't think I have ever done that before, you can imagine my shock i am sure. I was positive that v was an m. My computer is messing with my head i think... >.> <.<

can't wait to see yours.

-M

Machubi-Uniki
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mindless_invalid on Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:57 pm

I've put her up! Man I have the biggest hatred for that little reset button on the character sheet, that I pressed accidentally instead of Submit.
WHY WHY would they put a button at the bottom that irretrievably deletes your whole character? WHAT IS THAT?????

mindless_invalid
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Machubi-Uniki on Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:05 pm

tell me about it. I did it once with a character I literally spent two days and seven hours working on, if you were to put it on a word document it would be about ten pages long and then accidently...reset. I was pissed no doubt.

Anyhoo, super excited to write about the card game...and its outcome. nya nya.

Onemi and Calamity could have an interesting relationship, i don't know, they just both seem like they need a close friend that won't get whipped to death if they were to be befriended.*blink blink* Someone he could talk to other than the orderlies that actually know his real name ---which by the way he hates with a passion--- nya nya nya.

Machubi-Uniki
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mindless_invalid on Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:19 pm

Yay! Friends! Sinething Cal definitely lacks haha. I posted.

mindless_invalid
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Machubi-Uniki on Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:40 pm

I am working on one.

I will have it up as soon as possible. Sorry for and delays.

*chu*
-M

Machubi-Uniki
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mindless_invalid on Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:55 am

No problem =]

and *chu* to you also =D

mindless_invalid
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mindless_invalid on Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:50 am

@ValaunDae'Voth and Reaperz, you've both been accepted. Feel free to post when you think it's appropriate.

mindless_invalid
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mindless_invalid on Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:41 am

Anyone still here? =( Hope this one hasn't died on me ...

mindless_invalid
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!