Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Alchemist's Waltz

Alchemist's Waltz

a part of “Alchemist's Waltz”, a fictional universe by Anno Domini.

Young scientists clash using the alchemical arts, governed by strict principles, all striving for the Eternal Knowledge. (Fantasy/Steampunk)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Alchemist's Waltz”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Alchemist's Waltz

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightningflash on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:41 pm

Hey Kiku, if you don't mind me asking, what's the history between Jaques and Stella? Or is it going to be revealed later on?

Well, I'm headin' to the supermarket now (I'M GONNA BAKE ME A PIE!), so hopefully I'll post when I get back.
Your chances of getting struck by lightning go up if you stand under a tree, shake your fist at the sky, and say "Storms suck!"

-Johnny Carson

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lightningflash
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:40 pm

Haha, well... I'm not 100% sure right now. I had a couple separate ideas, and the few vague references I've made actually work for any of them. I'm thinking whether or not I ever decide will largely depend on whether or not Jacques ever appears in the story again.

They were definitely childhood friends, though, since really, who are rich kids with snooty parents who like alchemy going to be friends with except other rich kids with snooty parents who like alchemy? :P

And enjoy your pie. (^_^)
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anno Domini on Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:07 pm

Yes, Lightning, do enjoy your pie... for now. D:<

And yeah, Kiku, when I started reading that I had a mini freak out. I was like, "Oh sh*t, what did I miss? I glossed over something, I didn't read somebody's post, SOMETHING must have happened."

I'm glad you're experimenting around with it anyways, but I'm interested to find out how their relationship began with the whole nation-rivalry between their homelands.
Anagnorisis for Antagonists!

Anno Domini
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:38 pm

EDIT: Also... we're back in 27D. Nice shout out, Anno. I specified a random number of NPCs because I had no idea if you had any ideas in mind. Since I got to pick who was meeting with Solomon, I figured someone else should do it this time lol.

I'll post tomorrow... relatives are interesting, especially when they monopolize your time for an entire weekend... (>-<)

"For now?" That sounds so ominous, Anno, lol. And sorry I caused a minor conniption; I thought I had been hinting at it for a couple posts in a row, but I guess maybe it wasn't super-clear or anything. (^_^)

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anno Domini on Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:29 pm

Lol, yeah, the 27D thing... I was reviewing some earlier posts the other day and I thought it was fitting. And trust me, I understand how time consuming relatives can be... Family first, right? ._.'

Oh, and don't worry too much about the NPCs. I figured we could use the company, and it's always fun to write them anyways. If nothing else we can each write in one of them, that way we all sort of have a hand in it. Lightning gets first pick, and I suppose yours would be last, Kiku, so if you have any preferences for an archetype or anything feel free to tell me.

Anno Domini
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightningflash on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:11 pm

I made my post. My NPC is someone we've seen before, slightly modified to be a bit more... vexing. I debated making someone who resembled Alex Louis Armstrong, but decided against it (just by a hair).

Lightningflash
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:47 pm

Lol, Xavier. That's hilarious.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anno Domini on Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:57 am

Is it bad that I had to stop and really think to know who you were referring to, Lightning?

I haven't watched Fullmetal in so long >.< It's great that you made a throw back to your old character though. I considered doing the same, just for the hell of it, but I figured I'd do this character instead.

In case you didn't notice I'm trying to make her a foil to Stella. Her alchemy would center around ice... or water... or cold, or something, I don't really know ;_; She has transmutation circles engraved in the lead balls she fires from her musket, mainly why I had her carry one. I'm pretty sure I can just technobabble away how exactly that works. Lead can't hold a charge, can it? '._.

Anno Domini
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:01 pm

No, I don't think lead holds a charge, but I'm no physicist, so ya might wanna Google that lol.

It's funny that you set her up as a foil for Stella, Anno, because as I was reading it, I was like "Stella is going to despise this woman."

I have no idea what to do with the third person though. Do you want a foil for Beval? I think Francois serves that role really nicely for Pierre, so... eh. Actually, in some ways you could say that Solomon is Beval's foil. He's renowned, constantly-successful, famous, and well-respected. (No offense to everyone's favorite chimera, of course.)

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anno Domini on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:18 pm

Lol, as terrible as it sounds (and you meant for it to sound terrible) you're right. Nothing opposes a giant lumbering chimera who practices painfully obvious alchemy than a petite old man that works mysteriously to run a Guild with his well of knowledge ^_^ Besides, they're just funny when they're put side-by-side, and a good foil should be, right?

Whatever you decide on for the third character should be fine. In fact, if you want to make it be that a member of the Southern Guild just happens to be in the same cabin, that could make for interesting twist. Or if you have something else in mind I could always make the anti-Stella happen to be a member. ^_^

EDIT: Oh yeah, I did the research. Lead is a very poor conductor >.< but I can probably retcon it to have been copper or whathaveyou, even though that's probably a terribly choice for ammunition.

Anno Domini
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:59 am

(>.<) I meant no such thing, but you do have a tendency to point out that Beval's experiments don't work all that often, and when they do, he doesn't get much respect for it lol. Actually, he and Stella could almost foil each other too, but she doesn't get a whole lot more respect than he does haha.

I shall endeavor to think of something interesting; bear with me if it takes another day or so, please.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anno Domini on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:43 am

Ha, "bear" with me :P The way I treat Beval and his lessthanfruitfulendeavors is 100% intentional. He's meant to be more emotionally wise than he is... well, wise. The fact that he's so bluntly dumb is a nice foil to how shy Stella's brilliance can be, when she's not scaring her whole country with experiments.

As for the post, you're welcomed to take as long as you'd like to conceive someone.

...I already have with your roleplay... >.<

Anno Domini
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:00 pm

Eh, well... I came up with something, anyway. Not too inventive, I suppose, but what do you do?

You know, Anno... you could post in Revelation now, if you wanted... :P

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anno Domini on Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:07 am

I know, and I really need to... I've been typing up paragraphs, trying to figure the intro just right... Deleting large portions, trying to fit the character right. I have the time for it, I really do, I've just been being too picky in my approach. I'm really sorry, I'll try to have him up soon. Once I get the introduction out of the way I should be smooth sailing with him.

Either way, Kiku, I'm interested to see where you go with the boy. There's a really special quality to creepy children that make them great in any story.

Anno Domini
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:04 pm

I understand, but you know that pretty much anything you come up with is going to be great, right?

Also, creepy children are fantastic. They're like one of my top-three basic character archetypes, after healer/doctor types and wise fools. (^_^) I'm actually trying to decide if Gabriel's actually a child, or an adult bioalchemist who screwed up an eternal youth formula lol.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightningflash on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:23 pm

I have to agree with you guys, creepy kids are awesome. It's why I love Pride so much :P

Just a heads up, I might take a while to post. I'm not entirely sure what I'm gonna do in my post yet.

Oh yeah, before I forget, are we going to do anything in Junction City, or are we going to just glaze it over?

Lightningflash
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anno Domini on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:58 pm

BLEH! You'll probably see it there before here, Kiku, but I made a post in your roleplay. Sorry it wasn't a month or two sooner >.<

I wouldn't mind stopping there. Get in that free-time, character bonding and all that.

And Pride is pretty damn sweet. I just miss him being Fuhrer Bradly in the old anime.

Anno Domini
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:59 pm

Lightning! Stop doing homework and procrastinate with us! :P

Also, I miss the chattiness of this OOC thread. So, because I am once again overcaffeinated and in a strange mood, I am going to ask a random question. If I can think of one.

>.>

<.<

... Yeah, I've got nothing. This post is saved from complete irrelevance only by the fact that the first one and a half sentences of it actually address something semi-important. Sorry. (>.<)

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightningflash on Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:22 pm

Sorry, Kiku. I've just been strangely lethargic recently. I just got over some sort of flu-like virus, so it's not too surprising. I'll try to come up with a procrastinating post soon.

Anyway, here's a question to spark up the thread: why is there braille on my TV remote?

Lightningflash
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:09 am

Haha, that's okay; I'm just giving you a hard time. I mean, you should apologize! *tries to make mean face, and fails*

Eh.

Well... I guess cause blind people could still hear it. It'd just be like the radio?

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!