Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

FarCry 2

FarCry 2

a part of “FarCry 2”, a fictional universe by shmband.

A morally grey tale of mercenaries in a failed African state...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “FarCry 2”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] FarCry 2

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:04 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "FarCry 2"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

shmband
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Giver

Re: [OOC] FarCry 2

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:37 am

Wow, two awesome bios there guys. I'll give it a couple more days and we'll get going. I'm really not fussed about the number of people we get, I'm more interested in quality. Not RPed with you before Loxley but your profile impressed me so I'm sure we'll get on just fine! ^_^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

shmband
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:11 am

Thanks, man. I'm glad you liked it. I've never roleplayed a Swedish character before even though I'm from Sweden myself, so I figured I should give it a shot for once. XD

I should warn you, though. I'm enrolled in Army bootcamp currently, so my activity might be a bit bad at times. It shouldn't be too much of a problem from now on, but there might be the occasional period. If those comes along, feel free to auto my character as you see fit. ;)

Loxley
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:02 pm

OK! Starting scenarios are as follows. We're all seperate to begin with, so just develop your character and do what you like, but don't make anything major happen until we're all together. I promise it won't be too long. :)

And one last thing...your opening posts don't need to be as long as mine! :-) I just needed to create the events that are eventually going to bring all our characters together.

Johnny Haeger - He's been in the country for some months after a job went disastrously wrong. He's been playing both sides against the middle and keeping himself alive and in the money all this time, spending most of his time at an ex-part hangout known as "Mike's Bar". The beer's local, but it's better than nothing, and the factions don't bother anyone there. However, things have been tense lately, and a few of the mercenaries haven't returned from their little soirees on behalf of the factions. And last night, two of Johnny's friends went out, saying they were being paid by the APR to launch a dawn-raid on a weapons caravan delivering arms for Gakumba (UFLL). Neither of them came back, and Johnny finds himself at Mike's bar with only a handful of remaining companions, and a whole lot to worry about...

(Loxley, you can play your companions as NPCs if you wish, and either take them from the canon characters of FarCry2, or just make them up, entirely up to you!)

Aiden Grey - Coming to Africa to escape her troubled home situation, she surprised some of the local gangs by being a heck of a lot tougher than they originally took her for. Having proven her worth, a few of them trusted her with a couple of low-level runner jobs. Eventually, an APR liutenant got too big for his boots and sent her to assissinate his boss, so that he could get into the hotseat while it was still warm. Unfortunately, after Aiden had left to begin the mission, the liutenant in question realised he could gain even more brownie points if he called his boss to tell him about the impending assissination attempt. Thus, Aiden was double-crossed and captured. In self-defence she naturally told her captors that it was one of their own liutenants who had sent her, and the suspicious captain saw some truth in her story. So, while the captain decides who to believe, she's being kept under watch at the fishing pier by Lake Segolo - not strictly a prisoner...as long as she makes herself useful and keeps herself out of trouble. But she's certainly not free either...

shmband
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:31 am

It just occured to me that there's no real reason Johnny should have started the RP with no weapons...oops! Not your fault Loxley, you were just following the rules! And you handled it very well. :) Once Toby and Aiden make their escape, they'll be headed to Mike's bar, so you won't be on your own for much longer.

shmband
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:31 pm

Gotcha. I have limited time with the 'puter anyway right now, so there's no rush, haha. XD

Loxley
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:28 am

Hey Loxley, filled in for ya a bit there, hope you don't mind. Just that we have a pretty sweet pace going, and you did say you might have trouble getting on at times. If you get online before Aiden replies, feel free to make a post that completely disregards and supercedes mine. :-)

shmband
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:27 pm

No worries, man. I got stuck without a 'puter for three days after making my last post. Anyway, I'll have a reply up today or tomorrow. :D

Edit: Changed your post a bit to fit more with the idea I have of Haeger. Hope you don't mind. :D

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:13 am

It's all cool bud!

shmband
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:46 pm

I didn't want to give the impression that Haeger jump at any chance to get merc work. Hence, I had him prepare to leave, hahaha. XD Feel free to stop him. If not, I'll figure something out to have him return to the bar right away again. :D

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby winged1107 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:58 pm

sorry it took so long. School came up and bit me in the ass >.<

winged1107
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:51 am

I won't be able to post either this coming week, as we'll be stuck "out in the field", i.e., in tents, for the next six days or so. You guys can auto my character while I'm gone, as long as it's not out-of-character behavior. ;)

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!