Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Pokemon: Symbiosis

Pokemon: Symbiosis

a part of “Pokemon: Symbiosis”, a fictional universe by nonClemence.

Before the symbiosis, the world was one of uninhabitable extremes. Humans slowly tamed pokemon, turning the world into a paradise. But they also harnessed power, and two organizations, the League and Team Omega, have very different goals for the future.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Pokemon: Symbiosis”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Pokemon: Symbiosis

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nonClemence on Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:48 am

Ugh. Sorry. I'm just lacking in inspiration, and my Zapdos introduction reads very sterile. I posted it...but deleted it again.

Would someone be willing to play the role of the bird?
:3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

nonClemence
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorence on Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:19 am

I can try, but I also want my character to interact with the bird. Ill try to post soon for it though

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sorence
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorence on Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:59 am

can you give me a back story for Zaptos? I need a little something to work with.

Sorence
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:46 pm

I apologize for not posting that often--just haven't been able to think of anything interesting to do, though I DID note nonClemence might have something for Tekno to take part in. That and I've been distracted with other things...

I believe you said his bike might come in handy? :3 That will be interesting.

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:57 pm

*Points to Drake*

Same issue... I can't make a post that isn't more than "Flareon hides under Metagross and Jack chats... LOL"

Not the most... Proudest of posts.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nonClemence on Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:29 am

Sorence wrote:can you give me a back story for Zaptos? I need a little something to work with.

Ah, yes. Might was well post my version of it here. (I hate it though, it's such a cliche villian speech).

Deep within the walls of the fort called Trace Italienne are several long hallways. Some of them lead to traps, the others, to dead ends. They are decoys. Amongst them all is a long hallway. The ceiling is not tall, and there are no elaborate paintings, or carvings. Those only serve to weaken the structure. But the scale remains grandiose, the walls solid, as if representing the iron grip of power. Within that hallway are numerous guards. Mightyenas and houndooms lie at their feet. There are two more of the trainer-and-pokemon hound companions at the end of the hall. Their eyes stand attention at a door, their hounds looking fiercer than the rest. Beyond that door lies a single mahogany desk, a rare piece considering the lack of the requisite local flora, where everything else was mostly comprised of stone.

Pacing back and forth beyond the desk is a man. His face is deep with thought, implied with schemes unsaid, not through the emotions he betrays, for in his face, there are none. An arcanine sits next to the fireplace, its large muscular form and brilliant fur basking in the warmth.

He hears three deep knocks at the door. Despite modern technology, League Chief Peter Reckonin preferred the lost old fashioned archaisms of the past.

The man enters hastily, glancing once over the tall figure of the Chief and his neatly pressed League uniform, the circle band on his breast symbolizing unity, and salutes sharply.

"At ease," Reckonin says.

The man says only three words. "Chief Reckonin, Zapdos".

-----------

Chief Reckonin strode up on the parapet of the great fortress, alone, his arcanine absent from his side, putting distance between him and his loyal guards, much to their dismay. If possible, he would exude as much a non-threatening gesture as he could. Trepidation crossed his face, but he doused it with a dose of determination. The storm raged overhead, drenching the Chief and his guards, the houndooms looking miserable. Conductor rods around the parapet channeled the lightning into peripheral bolts that streaked, barely missing the people on the roof, the only thing that protected them from the lethal element.

No doubt Zapdos was angry. The storm was a testament to that. Reckonin was beginning to doubt his initial notions. But he had to make sure, even if he had to put his life on the line. He didn't want to be one to provoke an unnecessary conflict that could kill millions.

The air bristled with static. Reckonin felt his shirt grow closer to his chest, his hair standing out against the wind. The rush of energy warped the visible electricity outside the conductors. Zapdos, landed, perfectly balanced on the end of one of the conductor rods, sizzling with energy.

"I am League Chief Reckonin," he spoke, voice strong. "What is the matter, Zapdos?"

"Reckonin," the bird spoke. The voice was a raspy metallic that stung in the Chief's ears. It seemed as if there were two voices speaking at once. "How polite of the highest member of the League in the immediate vicinity to address me personally. It is very naive of you to approach me so. I admire your resolve."

The bird-form took its time in the mockery of its statement, before shifting onto a serious tone. Zapdos bent down as a plume of electricity extending from the bird took the form of a ghastly mask, sparks igniting the edges to produce a luminescent glow that arched over the two figures.

"I am Finar, Zapdos is merely my vessel."

The guards' hounds bristled. Reckonin motioned for them to stay quiet. The Chief was beginning to sweat, not entirely because of the heat from the sizzling electricity.

It continued, "This city has grown complacent. It has been destroyed twice before and will be done easily do again. Those in the countryside will die while you hide inside your fortress of shame, behind layers of dead rock. This fortress will be a testament to their deaths, as it has been for the deaths of many in the past. You will watch them die, and then I will come after you."

The Chief raised his hand slightly. The crack of a single .50 bmg round echoed in the air. A spark of electricity. Under the Zapdos-Finar's talons fell the deformed round.

"A pathetic, useless attempt. How impolite," the metallic voice extruded. The plume of electricity that was Finar retracted, as Zapdos' eyes sprang into focus.

A wave of electricity enclosed one of the guards in its grasp, before shocking it with multiple blasts of lethality, the guard falling to the ground like a puppet. The other guards rushed around the Chief, defending his body. The pokemon followed in formation, the mightyenas in front of the Chief, while the houndooms stood at a distance, blasting the bird with multiple flamethrowers, but unable to penetrate the bird's light screen. Zapdos took off from the rod, flying off into the sky. Smoke trails of guided missiles rushed towards it, only to be deflected by electric fields, falling towards several buildings in magnificent explosions of flame and smoke.

Reckonin spoke, his voice throaty with smoke, "Alert the residents...send them into their bunkers!"

His voice was drowned out by the multiple bolts of lightning and crashing thunder that fell from the sky, as they swept the streets like giant arms.

Drake Nightwing wrote:I apologize for not posting that often--just haven't been able to think of anything interesting to do, though I DID note nonClemence might have something for Tekno to take part in. That and I've been distracted with other things...

I believe you said his bike might come in handy? :3 That will be interesting.

I've thought a possible option to defeat Zapdos would be to chase him into a cave and then seal the entrance. The bike would be used to lead the way.

nonClemence
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:11 am

So is anyone going to post, or has this RP died... It would be rather unfortunate if it has.
Hello, friends...

Zephyr
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorence on Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:06 pm

I want the battle to finish. IF it doesn't in 2 days, I'll post for Zaptos.

On the other hand, Sorence can't post since no one is talking to him.

Sorence
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorence on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:12 pm

Im sorry, but I do think this RP is dead now cause not many people post.

Sorence
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:26 am

It's sad, but I think you're right...

Zephyr
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:19 am

I sincerely apologize for my not being active. I've recently started doing volunteer work at my local church here and around the neighborhood and my free time now is mainly taken up with local projects. As a result, I'm likely not going to be on much for the foreseeable future. I was going to say I might just be dropping out, but...if the roleplay is dead...

I apologize I wasn't able to warn you all ahead of time. I'll still be able to roleplay, mind you, it's just my responses will probably be...limited at best.

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Monochrome on Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:29 pm

I'm sorry, I just have no idea how to come in! You can't just have someone strolling in in the middle of a roleplayyyy {And I just realized- THIS LAPTOP DOESN'T HAVE A SWIRLY HYPHEN!!} ~ [oh...] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monochrome
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorence on Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:04 am

Im sorry. This Rp is dead to me.

Sorence
Member for 13 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!