Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Critic Discussion

a topic in Growth, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

New to the literary world? Just want to improve on your already strong literary background? Get tips on your language skills here.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:04 pm

Perhaps another thread, or rather subforum could be set aside for those who write for its own enjoyment. As I said before I don't do a huge amount of redrafting, although I do contrary to what Circ believes check my spelling, I don't use the inbuilt spell checker as I write in English and it understands American (Shrug). I would mostly prefer to not have my writing criticised but it would be good to have the option either by stating that I don't require it or by posting to another subforum as has been suggested by Circ, not sure I like "scratch pad" though, it sounds somehow dismisive though I am sure that is not how it was meant.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:35 pm

No, it wasn't meant that way. I was just throwing it out there as an example, not verbatim. Instead of "Scratch Pad," we could try "Story Board," although that's somewhat restrictive. I'd go for "Incoherent Ramblings," but again that has connotations that may be perceived as negative. No doubt you can think of a more inviting title for such a subforum, Grimbold.

I also wasn't singling you out in particular on spell checking. I tried to make it sound like a general rule, but apparently I failed to communicate that affectively.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Circ
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:26 am

Exactly what one could call a subforum for uncriticised random writings I am not sure, perhaps it could be a sub group of Growth and be under Critique Free or something. That way it would be easily accessible still in the same broad vein as Growth but postings would be for their own sake rather than as part of any particular development.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!