Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Marin's general help thread

a topic in The Academy, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

Wanting to improve your writing? The Scholars are here to help! Find guides, tutorials, and even 1-on-1 mentoring threads here!

Marin's general help thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ChaoticMarin on Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:25 am

Alright. Here's the deal. This isn't a guide so I'm not going to presume to know what you want help with and start explaining random stuff. I will however tell you a bit about what I can help you with and what you might get better help with by going to someone else. In short, after taking a brief peek through this intro post, feel free to ask any questions you please and I will then answer them to the best of my ability. If something isn't on the list, it's because I haven't thought of it and you should feel free to ask me about it anyway, after which I will probably add it to the list.

Things you should definitely consider asking me about
  • Post Length
  • Romance as a side focus
  • Canonities/Continuities
  • Advanced Gender Dynamics
  • Playing characters with mental or physical handicaps
  • Avoiding powerplaying/godmod
  • Avoiding having your character come off as a Mary Sue
  • Concept based character design

Things you may consider asking me about
  • Game Mastering a roleplay
  • How to behave in a roleplay you don't Game Master
  • How to behave in a roleplay where there "is no GM" or the GM is not actually involved in any way
  • Non-competitive text fighting
  • Spelling & Grammar
  • Character Profile Design

Things you should consider asking someone more specialized in the area about
  • Competitive Text Fighting
  • Romance as a primary focus
  • Extremely long or extremely short posts
  • Nation Role Play
  • Game mechanics in roleplay
  • Creating worlds

In addition, here is a second list revolving around which roleplay settings I have the most experience in. Because of the nature of the list, the "no/low experience" section will not be listed.

Settings in which I have a lot of experience
  • Chat-based roleplay
  • Fantasy Roleplay
  • Pokemon Roleplay
  • Mega Man Roleplay

Settings in which I have significant experience
  • Sci-Fi Roleplay
  • Forum Roleplay
“I eat my enemies for breakfast; even when I already ate breakfast, and brunch!”

“But in my heart, I sometimes wish they would atone so that I could be that close to a friend.”

Check out my likes and dislikes post and my profile. Then hit me up!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ChaoticMarin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Beta Tester Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Recruiter Cult Leader Hordemaster Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver Concierge Visual Appeal Donated!

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!