Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Ashes and Dust

Ashes and Dust

a part of “Ashes and Dust”, a fictional universe by VitaminHeart.

We're monsters. We were created by science, and like our mythical counterparts, destined to be slain...but we're not planning to go quietly. (Bleak DNA and superpower-based RP with a mythological twist.)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Ashes and Dust”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Ashes and Dust

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:23 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Ashes and Dust"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me Vit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Ashes and Dust

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arctic Fury on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:28 pm

This looks fun! Just one question. Do the character personalities have to match what their character is? For instance, does Cerberus have to act like some kinda demon-spawn, or can he have an upbeat personality?
Disregard books. Acquire maracas.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Arctic Fury
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyumori on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:51 pm

/intrigued.

I'm leaning towards reserving Cerberus if you take reservations. ^.^

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

Kyumori
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:52 pm

No, the personalities don't necessarily have to match. They were mainly designed to replicated some of the physical aspects of the monster, but not necessarily the attitude.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:54 pm

Cerberus is open if you have an idea for it. I can put a reserve on it for a couple of days I suppose.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyumori on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:56 pm

Hmm....well....I've got some sort of idea.....Kind of leaning towards a three-way split personality. Could be interesting...

Kyumori
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:40 pm

Sounds like it could be interesting.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:54 pm

I agree that it could be interesting and I love greek myths. >.> But which should i choose? if I Chose one of the Olympians I would very badly go for a sephiroth kindof complex, Whereas if I choose one of the Monsters, I need a good idea, and I DO have a good idea for the Chimera but Idk how to put it in words yet.

Firewind
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:55 pm

Ah, you always come up with the most astounding ideas for roleplays, Vita-Vita. However, I am a derptard when it comes to Greek Mythology. So I'll be sitting on the sidelines for this one.
"People should not fear their government.
Governments should fear their people."
"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Behind this mask, there is an idea.
And ideas, Mister Creedy... are bulletproof."

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ChildishDelusion on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:16 pm

This roleplay is really intriging me, I can't make a character right now but if I could reserve the Harpy I will have a profile done for you by tomorrow at the lastest.

I'm thinking due to the Harpies greek history she would be almost based on a selfish thief, but has an almost indescribable need to steal food to the point of forgetting the consequences of such actions (considering Harpies are best known for stealing food!).

ChildishDelusion
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arctic Fury on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:30 pm

Oooooh! I like that multi-personality bit for Cerberus! I think I'll get to work on that.

EDIT: Scratch that. I'm goin' for Hades.

Arctic Fury
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arctic Fury on Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:31 am

Alright, I submitted a character.

Arctic Fury
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:45 am

Hee, Sephi-lympians. Be afraid. Well you're welcome to either of those Firewind.

Well Vio-Lance to be honest I was considering a few mythologies, but I ended up with Greek because it was the one I was least likely to get totally wrong.

The harpy idea sounds pretty interesting...could cause a considerable amount of trouble for the monsters too, go ahead.

Hades accepted, I like him.

I might put one of my characters in as an Olympian, depending on whether we need them or not. I don't want to steal any roles that people might want of course, but I'll put one in if needed,

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akantha on Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:07 pm

If the spot for a sphinx is still open I would love to have it! I think it might be fun!
"A stupid man’s report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconciously translates what he hears into something he can understand."
O.O

Akantha
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:17 pm

Sphinx is still open, go for it.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyumori on Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:58 pm

Whoo~ Finished Cerberus and his three personalities. This is going to be fun, haha.

Kyumori
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akantha on Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:26 pm

Just finished Sphinx. Took me forever to find a decent image but Yuttah! xD

Hope you like her. She's highly complex in the brain :)

Akantha
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ChildishDelusion on Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:09 pm

Oh I adore the Cerberus character! Well done Kyumori!

ChildishDelusion
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:09 am

Nice one Akantha, the Sphynx character looks like a good Character!

Firewind
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:04 pm

Almost all the monsters positions are filled, wonder when the Olympians will get filled next.

Firewind
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!