Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Any other horse lovers here on RPG?

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Any other horse lovers here on RPG?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tayah12 on Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:15 am

As the title says, I was just wondering if there was anyone else here on RPG that loved horses as well? I have met a few people but not many others. So if you love horses, or if you are just an animal lover in general then I'm up for a chat :)
Love animals?

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/straight-from-the-horse-mouth-t59146.html A story of the struggles of horses in the Victorian Era, or the ignorance of their masters...

Tayah12 wants You! To enlist and fight in The Battle Of The Somme

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/battle-of-the-somme/

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

tayah12
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Any other horse lovers here on RPG?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:08 pm

I've been riding horses for most of my life. I can't say that I'm crazy about them they way that I am about dogs (about whom I am admittedly insane), but they are awesome animals.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tayah12 on Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:20 pm

Dogs are pretty awesome I do agree, I watched quite an interesting program on them the other day and how the first came to be tamed by humans (but that was at three in the morning and it was either that or a program on fishing).

I have four at the moment and i would rather sacrifice going out with my friends just to feed them which I know many animal owners feel the same way about their pets also :P
Last edited by tayah12 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

tayah12
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CielleAmor on Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:08 pm

I definitely love horses. Really I love animals in general. But I do have a few horses, Tennessee Walkers. They are incredible animals.

CielleAmor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ezzonic on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:32 pm

I have been a horse lover since I was little. I've taken care of two horses, but never bought & owned one. I hope to move out of the city and live out in the country again, so I can own horses without having to board them somewhere miles away.

My favorite breed so far is the Friesian.
Sanity calms, but madness is much more interesting.

Ezzonic
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tayah12 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:44 am

@CielleAmor Tennesse Walkers are one of my favourite breeds of horse, I've always wanted to see what their pace feels like but never had the chance unfortunately, I have a Hackney and his paces are a little over exaggerated due to his early training with a competition driver.

@Ezzonic: Yes I found location is a big factor which was why I was so happy when I moved to a small village with my parents and that's where I finally had the space to own a horse ^^

tayah12
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:45 am

I, too am a horse lover. I wish I could say that I've ridden horses a lot, but I haven't. I did it once for a week at school. Other than that I've never been close enough to a ranch or anywhere else to learn to ride properly.

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CielleAmor on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:36 am

@tayah12 The walkers have to be my favorite to ride. I used to have an Arabian cross breed, and he was adorable but his gait was so bouncy he was difficult to ride. One of my walkers, Fancy, has such a smooth gait that at times you can hardly tell she's moving.

CielleAmor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tayah12 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:27 pm

@Criminalminds : I had the same problem as well when I was younger, plus it's not a cheap sport which is another downfall of it all also.

@CielleAmor : sounds like a lovely ride unfortunately with mine I don't get your blessing of such a comfy ride :P

tayah12
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Curiose on Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:11 pm

I also work with horses. I currently work with a mare who has been treated as a pet rather than a horse, and I must say, it is quite the challenge. But... progress is being made.

I love them do death, my little beauties. : D But I also cannot say that they compare to rats, dogs, birds or any other awesome creature out there.
We are who we are through meticulous disection and suturing of all things we come by.

Curiose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ryushima2011 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:25 pm

I haven't worked with horses, but I like them a lot!

ryushima2011
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!