Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

FFX: Guardians of Spira

FFX: Guardians of Spira

a part of “FFX: Guardians of Spira”, a fictional universe by Lost Socks.

What would have happened if Sin wasn't destroyed?[CLOSED]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “FFX: Guardians of Spira”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] FFX: Guardians of Spira

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:57 pm

Well, today is my birthday, and as such i have a hope. That all of us, or some of us can come up with a plot and get this firing again ^^

"Suggest that we escape by putting fish in our mouths so we can breath while under water AGAIN I will Ninja punch you so hardcore it will knock you out and when you wake up? the force of it will knock you out a second time before you wake up!"

RM:"Please promise to kill me with your pants on" BM:"I PROMISE NOTHING!"

"IN THE NAME OF MEANINGLESS BATTLE!" *Attacks*

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Soki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Streamwatcher Person of Interest Lifegiver Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:41 pm

Well, then. Happy Birthday!

And yeah, I guess we should get moving and thinking about the new one, or revival, so I guess I should give my two sense in.

First, with the current idea of the second pilgramage. the issue I have with it is that we would be constrained to lore. Because we all have played FFX, so we all know how it would end. There is no suspense to the story. And also this would be before Sin had a chance to completely break the hearts of Spira, so there would be many machina cities, instead of the ones we would find in FFX. Now, this has a profound impact of the people of the time, because they don't know that Sin is only targeting Machina cities, they would be trying to rebuild their machina cities, and whatnot. Also, at this point, we would have no idea how people would travel, or their standard of living, as it is only alluded to in Tidus' memories. So basically we would get the setting for the RP from our memories of limited cutscenes, and this with the limited creativity it entails with the plot, is my concern.

So, what do we do about this? We have a few options, for one we could completely disregard FFX-2 and create a sequel to FFX. The Fayth have stopped dreaming and there is now a power vaccuum with Bevelle toppled. So what would happen then, would Yuna be looked to as a new leader after her defeat of Sin? And what of her guardians? Would they just go back to run of the mill lives, and how would that effect the world, and then how can we place new characters into this new stew to stir the pot? But personally, I don't like dealing with cannon characters, since I don't have confidence I could keep them to their personalities and voices as the designers had. And also this senario has no obvious plot, other than the obvious power vaccum. Or, just a thought, perhaps after Yuna's group is done and Sin is destroyed, not all of the Fayth have stopped dreaming, and our group wants to figure out why, or these fayth have an effect of us and force us to investigate. Just a spontanious thought, so I really don't have anything else on that plot.

Or a final idea is to make a world based on FFX. Perhaps we only take the idea of a world that has a calamity that prevents the technology from developing, or a religon ruling the world based on false premise. Or we take the world and put it into a different spin, such as what if Yevon had different factions within itself, simmilar to christianity, and each vying for it's own piece of power. And how would this play into the pilgramage, and would a summoner be forced to choose a faction to back and then would the other factions attempt to kill that summoner?

Really, I don't know very much, and at this point, I am rambling with any idea that pops into my head. But I hope this will provoke some thought and hopefully get this thing going once more.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lightning Flash
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:00 am

Or we could have a Tactics inspired Roleplay with all of us either in the Clan to begin with or just new recruits. Personally, I think the new recruits option is the best, as it allows for more character growth than an already established clansman. I think we all played some kind of tactics game, be it for the PS, GBA, or DS, and it would allow a lot more wiggle room than the iron clad plot of FFX. Say, just take the background and areas of Ivalice, and superimpose (woo big words!) our own story on to it.

Maybe have factions rise up and begin to fight each other for whatever reason, and all of the clans have to choose a side, or be left jobless. So there's a big background plot going on, which leaves us and our clan being ordered about by the faction we "Chose". Blah, blah, blah, plot explanation, etc, etc, etc. If you really want to listen to my rambling en mass, just shoot me a PM and I'll write up a big ass exposition for you to shift through at your convenience. I could write a decent story, I believe, but I do not want to be the one to execute it or lead it. I do not have... a good track record of GMing an RP. I'm more of an idea and concept guy. I'll leave that to you guys.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:08 am

hmmm both sound good honestly we need more then the three of us to decide and honestly, Talisman; just personal opinion but I'd like to hear it, I've rp'd your ideas before and I stand by them as good, and i suck as a gm i mean i've led some good rps where the rps died out not because of a bad plot but just lack-lusted rp'ers that didn't stick with it sadly, enough.

Soki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Streamwatcher Person of Interest Lifegiver Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:21 am

i like the ff x-2 destruction wand rebirth, with a new remake of the events after sin got sealed
'The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate. Entrusing his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the Arcana are the means by which all is revealed. It matters not who you are, Death awaits you."

Rarikou
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:22 am

I'll just go ahead and post it here, though obviously there will be spoilers if we choose to do this.

So... INCOMING WALL O' POST.

Well, how about this. We all (well, not all. A GM character or characters have to be present to keep fluidity, but I digress) are new recruits to a relatively unkown clan with a badass name. New recruits are needed in mass for the Clan wars, where two or three factions are vying for power and control. Be it a war between choas and order (IE Laws or no laws), or land dispute whatever. I'm spouting out a rough exposition. Anyway, our clan (With a badass name) is embroiled into this conflict. So we fight in a couple of engagements at the behest of a superior clan, and perhaps a couple of unimportant NPCs drop from nonsanctioned battles to create drama. Either way, as our clan battles, we begin to get noticed and sent on more dangerous missions until at some point we about as badass as our name, and then we realise there is a more sinister reason behind the war, discovered in some shocking manner. A save the world type thing. This wouldn't be privvy to the players in the beginning to give the RP that twist. We find out that the faction we are working for only warred under the guise of Law vs Chaos or what have you in order to attain world domination or to resurrect a god (I won't say to become gods themselves, because that would totally be ripping off a certain RP I was a part of, and still am), or destroy the world. Rough exposition fellas. Any way, at that point we are presented options. Keep fighting for that or break off and rebel, or something of that nature. By this point, we're a badass clan with a name that matches that wields a certain amount of respect in both factions (somehow), so if we do break off, some other clans would join with us, and we could hook up with rebels from the other faction as well and have a good ol' fashioned mexican stand off. Some more people die to create angst and mood, more battles, skirmishes, perhaps have some of the veteran players run with their own squad within the clan if they wish, be it a small unit of archers (Another rip from that RP I mentioned, but it's ripped from me. I have a small squad of archers) or a larger squad of melee.

Fight, fight, fight, battle, blood, endgame, everyone's depressed because the best and most badass RP ever created is over. Or it could flounder and die at the second or third sentence up there, but hey, what's wrong with trying? Plus, this may require more than one RP chapter.

What you guys think of my wall o' post? Feel free to edit, and change as you want, like I said. Concept man here.

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:23 am

ugh sorry, posted to fast and it's late and my day has sucked so far; but i like your ideas to Lightning, so i'm not sure which one all of us will agree on cause I don't want to do something and not have all if not most of us from this rp in it

Soki
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:38 am

talisman's idea seems pretty solid. i wouldn't mind GM'ing it, if you guys needed me too... just give me a hand now and then XD

Rarikou
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:15 pm

Hey, I don't know if any of you know of the Percy Jackson Series by Rick Riordan, wrote; but I'm working on an rp based on it with AJ, I was wondering if any of you would be interested in it?

Soki
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:56 pm

roleplay/final-fantasy-x-the-after-wars/

nthere, i made something similar to this, yet different

and id be up for a percy jackson role play

Rarikou
Member for 13 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!