Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Moving On

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Moving On

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby equinestylex3 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:28 pm

"Well, I mean obviously you're not okay. And life isn't going to go exactly like you plan on it all the time, but you're strong Emily. You'll make it through this okay." He reassured as they drove towards the clinic. "And don't worry, I won't be telling Kyle.. Ijust sort of figured you'd rather him be here than me." He said pointedly. "And don't take it personally if he freaks out. He did with Kara too, that's just how Kyle deals with stuff. I mean, after Kaity he just freaked out on everyone. But I'll help you through that oo." He offered.

At the clinic he offered to get her all signed in, and took her the papers she needed to fill out on a clip board. "Figured you can answer all the personal stuff." He teased trying to lighten the mood. It wasn't long before a nurse was calling Emily's name and Andrew looked at her and squeeezed her shoulder. "Want me to go back with you?"
Happiness is not a destination, it is a lifestyle- Burton Hills

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

equinestylex3
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:38 pm

Emily listened to what Andrew said and nodded her head. He was right, life wasn't going to always go the way you thought it was going to go, it was going to give you a few unexpected curve balls, she'd just have to deal with it. "I would rather have him here, but I don't think I could handle him freaking out until I'm comfortable with this. So you'll have to do for now." She said with a hint of a smile.

Emily rolled her eyes as he teased her, but she was starting to feel a little better. She was finally done and a nurse called her name. She got up and looked back at Andrew. She nodded her head and grabbed his hand before pulling him back with her. The whole examination went very well and soon Emily was feeling a lot better with the whole pregnancy. The doctor advised that she tried to keep herself from stressing out so the baby would have a good chance at survival. He also suggested she make sure to keep a good and healthy diet so the baby would have few problems when it was born. They set up a next appointment before they finally left.

"Thank you for coming with me Andrew. I'm really sorry about this, I probably just spoiled your afternoon." She said, her hand absently on her stomach in a protective manner. Now that it was confirmed she definitely had a child in her stomach, she felt very instinctive to protect the small baby even though he or she wasn't fully developed.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby equinestylex3 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:48 pm

"Well, what was I going to do, abandon you and let you do this alone?" Andrew just grinned a little bit, watching as Emily draped a hand over her stomach, protectively. It was hard to believe that Kyle had yet again managed to accidentally impregnate yet another woman. At least with the last one it had been failed protection, but this one...had he really been stupid enough not to use protection? The kid was supposed to go to college, he was sure Emily was supposed to go to college. They were supposed to have the best years of their lifes coming up, and they had just met each other, and he had no idea how Kyle would handle all of it.

"You've gotta tell him, Emily." He said in a concerned manner, which he was. "And I don't mean eventually. You gotta tell him before he finds out on his own or hears a rumor or something. You've gotta give the kid choices." He just shrugged a little bit, knowing he was just telling Emily the truth. "You may feel like the baby is more yours or whatever right now, but Kyle is half of all of this, and you have to remember that."

Just looking back at her he helped herup off the table and back out towards his truck so that the two of them could get out of that office and at least get their thoughts in order.

"So how far along are you? I'll admit I kind of spaced out when they started talking about all the other stuff and how to take care of it. Not really looking to be a dad anytime soon, figured I didn't need to know." He gave a sheepish grin, before looking back to Emily. "Do you want me to take you home or to Kyle's?"

equinestylex3
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:28 pm

Emily was rather silent when he told her she needed to tell Kyle. She didn't even want to think about that. She knew how terrible Kyle was before she met him. She remembered seeing him sitting completely alone with the other students in the school whispering behind their hands. She had seen his pain and felt a deep desire to dive into his life and pull him back to the surface before he drowned completely.

Their relationship had been rough in some spots, but for the most part it had been bliss. Kyle was everything a girl could want and hope to find. She knew that Kyle would feel worse if he heard it from anyone else but her. She knew she had to tell him, but she felt the fear creep deep into her bones. She did feel like the baby was mostly hers. She was the one who was going to have to carry it for nine months, have a delivery, and then nurse the baby for a year or so. It was a huge commitment and responsibility.

Emily knew she wouldn't get an abortion. She believed that to be murder. She also didn't like the idea of giving her baby up for adoption either. It was mostly because she had grown up with adopted parents and she wasn't ready to put her unborn baby through a life like hers.

"I think I'm about a month." She said as they climbed into his truck. She bit her lip as he asked if she wanted him to drop her off somewhere. "I don't want to go home." She still had a hard time being there even though it had been a while since her mother had passed away. "I'm not sure if I can face Kyle right now. I did just find out we're having a baby, it's a bit much to take in." She gave a nervous laugh before shaking her head.

"What should I do Andrew?" she turned serious as she looked at him with lost eyes. "What if something happens to me or the baby? I don't think Kyle can handle any more heart break." She looked down at her lap. She didn't want to see Kyle plunge back into depression because she was afraid he might kill himself this time from so much pain bottled inside.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby equinestylex3 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:50 pm

"A month, really?" Andrew just let out a whistle and shook his head. "You and Kyle sure didn't waste any time." He said playfully, before looking over to Emily and giving a sheepish grin. "Totally not the time to joke around, is it?" He just shrugged a little bit before looking back at the road they were driving. "Yeah, it's not even my kid and I'm having a hard time trying to absorb the fact that you two have a little tyke on the way. Kyle's mom is going to flip a shit."

When Emily looked at him like that though, like she was completely lost, he just shook his head. "You tell Kyle, like I said. Hearing it from someone other than you will destroy him. You make sure you let him be part of the life of the baby. You don't think about anything bad happening to you or the baby. Kyle's had enough since Kaity's accident, I'm sure the last thing he wants to think about is losing you...and the baby." He added the last part, before just patting her knee reassuringly.

"Why don't we head over to my house? We'll think of a good way to tell Kyle or something. Watch movies, relax?" He suggested, before making a turn. "I don't know. I've never been pregnant and and I've never knocked a girl up, so I have no idea what you're feeling right now or any of that...so just bear with me while I try to help you?"

equinestylex3
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:56 pm

Emily raised her brow as he whistled. She didn't think it was funny. "I'm not easy," she said defensively. That was the one thing that bothered her the most. She was afraid of the labels she would get now that she was pregnant. Emily was madly in love with Kyle. She'd follow him around the world for as long as he would let her. She didn't give that part of herself away to anyone. Kyle had been her first, and she sincerely hoped her last. She couldn't even entertain the thought that there was someone else out there. Kyle was perfect in her eyes. She couldn't see anyone better than him.

"His mom," Emily grumbled and sunk low in her seat. Mrs. Matthews was a wonderful woman and had already become a second mom to Emily. She was always warm and welcome and was an amazing cook. She was afraid of what she would think to know her son had knocked up another one of his girlfriends.

Emily took in a deep breath and held it for a couple seconds before she blew it all out. "No, if we don't go tell him now, I don't think I'll ever be able to do it." She felt the lump form in her throat at the thought of telling him. She managed a smile at his next joke. "You're a really good friend to me. All those things Kyle said about you, I just don't believe it." She managed. "But knowing his opinion of you, I think it would be better if you just dropped me off. I'm not sure how he would handle it if he knew you knew before he did." She said.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby equinestylex3 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:04 pm

"Look, Emily...I didn't mean it like you were easy..." He said just shaking her head and looking at her. "Lesson number one learned: don't joke around with a pregnant girl." He laughed a little bit at himself, obviously not really digesting the magnitude of the situation. After all, how could he? He wasn't about to become a dad the year before college. He was going to go out and have a grand old time and keep living the life he'd grown to know and adore.

"Okay..okay. Kyle's house it is." Andrew 'saluted' before making another turn towards the direction where Kyle lived on the other side of town. "I hope I'm a good friend, that's what I've been trying to prove to myself ever since me and Kyle went to hell. But, look...I get that Kyle doesn't like me, and I'm just glad you gave me a shot. I mean, I guess I turned out pretty okay." With a sheepish smile, he just took one final turn onto Kyle's street.

"Your secret is safe with me, I won't be telling anyone, and you won't be telling Kyle we've been hanging out, will you?" Andrew asked with a raise of his brows. "And totally call me soon to hang out again. I know you'll probably be busy with doctor's appointments or what not, but I'm sure you could probably use a friend too."

Parking his truck just outside of the Matthews' home, he just looked over at it, and then back to Emily. "Go get 'em champ. Call me if you need me, okay?"

equinestylex3
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:16 pm

Emily rolled her eyes and was tempted to punch him. She was glad that wasn't what he had meant. She knew that he knew her enough to know she didn't go around with guys like that. She had taken such comfort in him as a friend that she really couldn't believe he was anything but the sweet guy she had come to know. He had spent so much time with her when she wasn't with Kyle that Emily knew if Kyle wasn't around, she might have fallen for Andrew.

"You did," she grinned in response. Andrew was a great guy. Whatever reason Kyle had to distrust him, it wasn't evident to Emily. She felt her stomach lurch as they turned onto Kyle's street. She wasn't ready to face him, and she knew she would never be fully ready. This wasn't something that was easy and she supposed it was never meant to be easy.

"Thanks Andrew, you're a peach. One day you'll find a girl and she'll be lucky to have you." She smiled as she stole a breath before climbing from his truck. She close the door and watched him drive off before she turned back around and walked up to the door. She knocked after a moment of hesitation and felt her body shake from the nerves.

How would Kyle take it? What about Kara? Emily and Kara had become casual friends despite the situation. Kara was a wonderful girl and Emily easily saw how Kyle had fallen for her. The two had spent some time together when Kyle was busy, but now she was afraid of how Kara would treat her. Emily would have the baby Kara had lost. It didn't seem fair.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby equinestylex3 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:34 pm

When Emily mentioned that he'd find a girl and she'd be lucky to have him, Andrew just winked a little bit. "Trust me, until then, playing the field is just fine by me. "He stifled a sarcastic laugh, before he put the car back into drive once the door was closed and headed off down the street so that Kyle wouldn't catch wind, because he was sure that was the last thing Emily needed.

With a knock on the door, Kyle just raised his brows. Him and Emily had agreed to take the day 'off' from each other, simply for the fact they both were trying to maintain a life outside of one another, even if she was the one who had given life back to him. So, moving from the couch, he headed towards the door and opened it slowly, only to see Emily on the other side of it, looking as beautiful as she ever had.

"Hey gorgeous." He said, leaning in to give her a slower kiss. "This is a really nice surprise." He just gave her body an obvious once over, that 'typical' guy coming out in him, and he just leaned in to give her another kiss. "How did you get here?" He asked, noting that there was no car in the driveway.

Stepping aside, he let her in, before closing the door behind her. "Wanna go upstairs and watch a movie or something? "He suggested, not having let his hands off of her from the moment he'd seen her in the doorway.

equinestylex3
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:00 pm

Emily stood in the doorway nervously as the door swung open to reveal Kyle. She managed a small smile as he leaned in and gave her a slow kiss. She felt the butterflies erupt inside of her as tingles rushed to the tips of her fingers. She lingered in the kiss as long as she could and knew that things would be okay. It would be hard to tell him but she knew that he would take it better than most guys.

She flushed as she felt his gaze give her a once over. She wasn't used to the attention of a man, but it was nice coming from him. "I was dropped off," she shrugged her shoulders without saying who had dropped her off. She felt a little guilty that she hadn't informed him that she and Andrew had become close friends. After all, she had taken him to see if she was pregnant.

She shook her head as he asked if she wanted to go upstairs or watch a movie. She moved her hands until she found his and intertwined them together. "We need to talk." She said and looked at him earnestly before she pulled him outside and began to lead to nowhere. She was quiet for a while as she gathered her thoughts before she glanced his way. She knew he must be clueless for her solemn and sober behavior.

After they had turned the corner and his house disappeared, she stopped and looked at him. "I don't know how to tell you this," she said quietly as she looked into his eyes. Emily knew he would be a good father. Kyle was stronger than he believed.

"I promise that you don't have to be involved if this is too much." She said before she squeezed his hands. "This isn't fair to you, after everything you've been through. I really don't want to put this extra burden on your shoulders." She stepped close before she placed both of his hands over her belly.

"Kyle, I'm..." she trailed off as she looked down at where their hands covered her stomach. She struggled to say the word. This meant so much. Emily wasn't ready to be a mom. Kyle may be ready because his experience with Kara, but Emily wasn't. "I'm scared." She whispered as the emotion filled her voice and she felt the tears start to spill from her eyes and down her face.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby equinestylex3 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:19 am

Kyle was elated to see Emily, and instantly his mind was thinking of a million things they could do that day. He wanted to take her on a proper date, go to the movies and share popcorn or go out to eat and let her order the most expensive thing on the list. He was completely infatuated with Emily, and a lot of it had to do with the fact that she had pulled him out from a dark place, but it also had to do with the fact he just loved her sweet nature and her giving attitude.

When she said they needed to talk though, he just raised his brows. What on earth did they have to talk about? But instantly he thought she was leaving, and he just looked at her. "Emily..." He stopped her just shaking his head. "Don't-don't leave me...I promise I'll be everything you need and a little bit more." He started, but it seemed to go beyond her needing something else out of him, and she wa talking about things being a burden and the first thing that came to his mind was that he was too much for her to handle.

When she brought his hands forward though, and said she was scared his eyes widened, and he just stared at her. "Oh, God." He muttered, retracting his hands. He had enough 'bad' experience with that. But what kind of guy got two girls pregnant? What kind of guy was he? He just stared at her for a few moments and tried to let it all sink in.

Wiping away her tears, he just sighed a little bit. "Emily..." He said quietly, biting his lip. "I..." He wanted to tell her he couldn't do it, that it was too much. He didn't want to be a dad. He didn't want Emily to be pregnant. But he couldn't leave her standing there crying and terrified either. "I'll help." He finally said after a few minutes of silence. "If I can't undo it, I'll have to help, right? I mean...I am by no means ready for this. But..Jesus...Emily."

He ran a hand over his face, a mix of emotions, and happiness wasn't one he could find right then. "Why didn't you tell me you weren't on the pill or something?"

equinestylex3
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:38 am

Emily watched him carefully through her tears as it was sinking in for him. She saw the panic in his eyes and could see his hesitancy. When he said her couldn't undo it and that he would have to help her out, she shook her head. She understood how difficult this might be for him after everything that had happened to him. She was most afraid that something would happen to her or the baby and that would crush him even more.

"No, you don't." She told him gently. She felt a small spurt of anger as he asked her why she didn't tell him she was on the pill. Why was it always up to the girl to make sure there wasn't a pregnancy? It seemed that guys always expected the girl to take the precaution. Emily hadn't becau she had never thought about it. How could she? She was desperately in love with her first boyfriend and it hadn't once crossed her mind that they had needed protection.

"How could I think about taking pills our first time?" she asked him as she stifled the anger in her tone. "This is as much your fault as it is mine." She almost snapped before she signed and stepped back from him. "I'm not asking you to be the father Kyle, I just needed you to know. I didn't want you to hear it from someone else. You have a right to know that this is your baby, but I won't force you into anything,' She sounded very tired as she spoke.

The prospect of being a single mother weighed heavy upon her mind but she was willing to do it for her child. Even though she was feeling overwhelmed, she wasn't going to give her baby up for anything. She could already feel the intense love growing inside of her for their baby.

"You still have a life Kyle, and you should go to college. I don't want to pull you down because of this. If this hurts too much for you to handle after Kara, then I think we should stop seeing each other." It pained her to say it, but she didn't want to force him to stay when it would be a knife through his heart every time he saw her. "I love you Kyle, and I will respect your choice. You've seen too much pain." She was surprised with how calm and level headed she sounded when an hour ago she was freaking out with Andrew at the doctor,

Andrew. Emily would call him later and tell him what happened. He felt safe to her. She felt as if he would always be there for her to listen and try to understand her. He was truly a dear friend to her and she didn't understand why Kyle hated him so much.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!