Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Everything has changed (Closed)

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Everything has changed (Closed)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:06 pm

Cole went over to his DVD collection and looked through it picking out a couple. He left Kelli to choose between the three he'd picked which were all action and they finally settled on the newest spiderman movie that was still in theatres. One of Cole's friends had given him a DVD copy.

He made a bag of popcorn in the microwave and brought it out to the living room sitting on the couch. He hadn't watched a movie since he'd moved in and in fact he couldn't remember being home one friday night since he moved in, unless the party was at his place. He sighed as he settled in and the movie started. It really was killing him to be there.

"Oh.. I had a voicemail saying they'd be here tomorrow with the rest of your stuff." He spoke up quietly. "3PM." He said. He paused the movie because he figured he should say something. "If you want tomorrow we can go look at some private schools around.. this neighborhood isn't the greatest." He suggested knowing that living so deep in the city meant having some crazy neighbors and definitely kids he wouldn't want Kelli being stuck with in school. "I don't know when you'll be ready to go back.. or what."

He just threw that out there then sat back and started the movie again. He looked over and Kelli was sleeping. He should have known. She'd looked tired but he was just so bored. He finally gave in and shut the movie off. He woke her gently and said, "Kelli... go to bed." He headed into bed himself, re-made the bed from the night before and his rendezvous and passed out.
"And when someone apologizes to you enough times for things they’ll never stop doing, I think it’s FEARLESS to stop believing them. It’s FEARLESS to say “you’re NOT sorry”, and walk away. I think allowing yourself to cry on the bathroom floor is FEARLESS. Letting go is FEARLESS. Then, moving on and being alright…That’s FEARLESS too." - Taylor Swift

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DivineFantasy on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:58 pm

Kelli wasn't surprised that Cole left it up to her to decided what movie to watch he was all about giving her control. She wasn't really up for a movie but seeing as she had already agreed to watch one with Cole she picked up a random dvd which turned out to be some spider man movie.

Kelli laid back on the couch and waited patiently trying to stay awake while Cole went into the kitchen and made a bag of microwave popcorn. When he came back to the living room he took a seat on the couch and started the movie.

"Oh.. I had a voicemail saying they'd be here tomorrow with the rest of your stuff." Cole spoke up quietly interrupting the movie. "3PM." Kelli nodded "Well that's good to here" she said lowly slightly starting to nod off. Cole paused the movie "If you want tomorrow we can go look at some private schools around.. this neighborhood isn't the greatest." Kelli sighed and shrugged "I don't know when you'll be ready to go back.. or what." Cole added. Kelli thought for a moment staying out of school was not going to make her current situation any better and besides staying in the apartment with Cole everyday was probably going to end up driving her crazy. "Well I defiantly don't want to be pushed into some crappy public school system. So if you think a private school would offer me a better education then I guess we could go check out some private schools." going back to school would probably help her get some new friends faster anyway.

With that talk over Cole started the movie up again and although Kelli tried to stay awake for the movie her attempt failed and she quickly fell asleep. She was stirred from her sleep by Cole "Kelli... go to bed." when she opened her eyes the tv was already turned off so not even wanting to protest she just stood up and went to her bedroom. Falling into her bed it didn't take her long to fall back to sleep.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DivineFantasy
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:44 am

Cole passed out immediately when he got into bed without even a second thought about it. The nights and nights of partying continuously caught up with him and the fact that he was going to bed early made his body scream thanks to him. He slept like a baby, curled up in his blankets, unworried by anything at the moment and that was how he liked it.

When he woke up the next morning he saw the stack of paperwork on the bedside table and groaned. The day before hadn't been a dream and everything he remembered was completely true. He was now taking care of a 16 year old girl who was his little sister, and his life had been changed forever. He grabbed his cellphone and looked at it with squinting eyes; 11:30am. He sat up and noticed the little green light blinking and signaling he had a voice mail.

He dialed the number, punched in his password and listened. Cole, This is Tracy, Kelli's social worker. I wanted to follow up with you and see how things were going and also tell you some more news. It seems that your mother's home was paid for, and left to you as well. If you'd like you and Kelli can move in, which may be a great idea and help her, staying with her surroundings and all. If not..well that is up to you. Call me if you have any questions."

Cole was shocked. Now he was a homeowner too? and this woman was suggesting that he pick up his life and move? Cole had always lived in the city from the time his dad passed away and he couldn't imagine living in the suburbs. He took in a deep breath and thought about Kelli though. She would be with her friends, the boyfriend she mentioned, in her house. She wouldn't have to go to a private school. He sighed again and shook his head. He knew the right thing to do.

He got out of bed and headed into the kitchen in just a pair of basketball shorts looking around for Kelli. He poured a cup of coffee that was already made and called out, "Kelli? Are you up?"

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DivineFantasy on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:36 pm

Kelli had woken up around five in the morning partly from being a natural early riser and partly from not being able to sleep. Since her mother's death Kelli hadn't had one good night of peaceful sleep due to her nightmares and tossing and turning. She had awoke in a cold sweat and after a couple minutes of sitting in the darkness of her room she had turned on the light in her room and decided to start the day. She had been quiet during her movements through the house not wanting to wake a sleeping Cole.

She had taken a hot shower to wake herself up and once she was out of the shower she had gotten dressed so that whenever Cole got up when he was ready they could go out and look for private schools to put her in. After cleaning up the mess she had made getting ready she left her room and went into the kitchen and made herself some toast as she wasn't really hungry for anything heavy and she put on a pot of coffee. She didn't drink coffee but her mother had so it was kind of a force of habit for her.

By the time she was done it was only 6:45 she was bored and had nothing to do. Normally she would be ready to leave the house and go to school but as of right now she didn't have a school to go to. She went into the living room and took a seat on the couch turning on the tv, lucky for her Cole had cable. Giving the time the only programs that were running were those lame early morning advertisements and children programs. By the time it had hit seven oclock Kelli was out again sleeping on the couch.

"Kelli? Are you up?"

Kelli stirred from her sleep hearing Cole's voice she sat up on the couch. "I'm in here" she said grabbing the remote that had fallen on the floor and turning off the tv. She stood up fixing her outfit as she yawned shaking off the sleep.

DivineFantasy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:16 am

Cole finished making his cup of coffee adding sugar and some milk and grabbed a granola bar for breakfast. It was one of the first times he could remember actually keeping groceries in the apartment and to him, that was weird. He walked into the living room and looked at Kelli all ready to go. He felt like such a bum for sleeping in. "Hey have you been up long?" He asked.

He looked around and tried to figure out just how long she'd been up but finally gave in. "I have some good news." He said. He sat down in the chair and relaxed a little bit before speaking up. "Apparently, your mom's... well our mom's house was paid for and the social worker called and said we could move in there."

Cole wasn't sure how Kelli would take it, if she would even want to live there having all those memories with her mother. To Cole, it would be just another house he was moving to but to Kelli, they had holidays and memories and anything else there and he wasn't sure Kelli would want to be reminded of that constantly. "It's up to you though. We could always sell it.. and move somewhere new.. or. I don't know what are you thinking?" He asked Kelli.

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DivineFantasy on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:00 pm

"Hey have you been up long?" Cole asked seeing her dressed and ready Kelli shrugged "Well I was up around five something but don't feel bad because I was only up for like two hours before I fell asleep on the couch" she said leaning against the wall.

"I have some good news." she watched Cole walk over to the chair and sit down. Following her brother's lead she walked over to the couch and sat down waiting for him to share the apparent good news. "Apparently, your mom's... well our mom's house was paid for and the social worker called and said we could move in there." Kelli was surprised this was the best news she had gotten since her mother's death.

"Wow. I can't believe I can actually go home" Kelli had grown up in that house never haven't moved once in her whole life. She knew it was probably going to be the weirdest thing ever going back to home but at least if she did that not everything in her life had to change.

"It's up to you though. We could always sell it.. and move somewhere new.. or. I don't know what are you thinking?" Kelli looked at Cole "Well am not sure if you would be into it but I would love to go back home if that was something you were willing to do." Kelli could picture another family living in her and her mother's house and she didn't want to.

DivineFantasy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:05 pm

Cole nodded, "Yeah.. I mean.. if that's what you want." He thought about it in his head and couldn't see himself moving there but he was willing to try. He saw Kelli's face light up as soon as he had mentioned moving back into their mother's home and he couldn't say no to that. He might have just found out about her but he was still Kelli's older brother and there was always that feeling no matter what the situation.

"I'll do anything to make this easier on you." Cole said with a half smile. He knew this would be harder on him that it was on Kelli but he would deal with it. "It's what? Friday?" He looked at his phone and said, "I had plans tonight... but tomorrow we could pack some stuff up and move over there. Hey.. you should come with me." Cole suggested. "It's this club downtown.. I can get you in."

Cole didn't realize what a stupid idea it was suggesting that, or how much trouble he could get in with the social worker, all he knew was that he needed to get out and he could still babysit his little sister if he took her with him, and besides, kids that age would kill to go to a club. He was always in them then. He didn't care much at the present time either. He just wanted to have fun.

"It will be fun.." He said. "Then tomorrow and Sunday we could probably get most of the stuff moved."

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DivineFantasy on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:33 pm

"Yeah.. I mean.. if that's what you want." Kelli was happy Cole had agreed to moving into her and mother's old place. She wasn't exactly sure how he would feel living there but the fact that he was willing to made her happy. She figured that they could live there together until she was eighteen then if he really didn't want to live there he could put the house in her name and go back to the life of a bachelor.

"I'll do anything to make this easier on you." Cole said with a half smile which made Kelli smile. "Well thanks Cole. It means a lot to know your willing to do this for me" she was surprised by Cole's willingness to just pack up his whole life your the sister he didn't even know. "It's what? Friday?" he looked at his phone then back at Kelli, "I had plans tonight... but tomorrow we could pack some stuff up and move over there. Hey.. you should come with me." Cole suggested. "It's this club downtown.. I can get you in." Kelli just looked at him not knowing if he was being serious or not.

"It will be fun.." he said "Then tomorrow and Sunday we could probably get most of the stuff moved." Kelli couldn't believe her older brother was really asking her to go to a night club "Cole am sixteen. So am gonna have to pass seeing as that for one would be illegal and two a really stupid thing to do" she said standing up. "But you should go out. You've earned it" she said with a small smile leaving the living room, she had to go call all her friends and tell them she was staying in the same school.

DivineFantasy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:42 am

Cole felt slightly stupid as Kelli left the living room. He knew that it would be illegal but he didn't think it was that stupid to do. His logic was, at least she'd be partying with her big brother close by the watch. He didn't think of it any other way, or that maybe Kelli wasn't like he was when he was 16. He shook his head and buried his face in his hands. This was much harder than he thought.

He wasn't quite sure if he was alright to leave her and go out and party. On one hand Kelli was 16 and could obviously take care of herself, on the other her mother had just died a week ago and she was thrown into living with him. What if she needed him?

He decided he would go out, only because it was his last night in the city and who know when he'd be able to again. He felt bad though, like he had almost been scolded by Kelli for suggesting that. He shook his head and headed for the shower. When he got out he got dressed in jeans and a plaid shirt and threw on some flip flops. He poked his head into Kelli's room and said, "Hey you wanna drive up to the house for a little while today? I wanna check out what kind of stuff I should put in storage." He asked. "You could crash at a friends or something tonight too if you want. I'm going to hire movers for all of this so we just have to drive up tomorrow or Sunday and unpack."

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DivineFantasy on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:40 am

Going back in her room she sat down on her bed looking around the room, she was so happy to know that she was going to be going home soon. She had nothing against Cole's bachelor pad but it just didn't have that homey feeling to it that she got when she was at home. She was slightly worried about how Cole would adjust to the move and she was really just hoping this would turn out being the best thing for both of them. Although she knew she would happiest at her place it wouldn't mean much if it made Cole miserable.

Kelli laid back in her bed taking her cellphone in hand she texted all her friends from school. She knew most of them wouldn't be texting back for hours but she was just so excited she had to tell everyone the good news.

She sat up as she saw Cole poked his head into the room "Hey you wanna drive up to the house for a little while today? I wanna check out what kind of stuff I should put in storage. You could crash at a friends or something tonight too if you want. I'm going to hire movers for all of this so we just have to drive up tomorrow or Sunday and unpack." Kelli shrugged then nodded "Sure. That sounds great." she said getting up she sent a text message to her friend that she stayed with after her mom's accident. After she got the replied okay text she looked over at Cole "Let's get going."

DivineFantasy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:01 pm

He grabbed his keys and wallet of the side table by the door and made sure to lock it before they left. He knew that the drive was about an hour but he didn't mind, it would either give them a chance to get to know each other a little bit more or it would be completely awkward between them. He walked down to the parking garage and got into his SUV with Kelli and speeding off towards the house.

As he merged onto the freeway he looked over and said, "So tell me about your friends.. what do you do at school..sports or anything?" He wondered about his little sister and couldn't believe how little he actually knew about her. He figured though, he better get to learning because he had at least two years of raising her ahead of him the last thing he wanted to do was not pay attention or care and have her end up a mess.

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!