Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Interest Check for a RPG PODCAST

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Would you be interested in listening to a podcast if we did one?

Yes
71%
No
21%
Maybe
8%

Total votes : 24

Re: Interest Check for a RPG PODCAST

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:08 am

ViceVersus wrote:Hey, all! Here's an idea I had presented to the Design team in the past, but it was shelved due to poor timing on my part. If you have the time to tackle it, then then it's all yours:

The idea of an "RPG Podcast" has been tossed around quite a few times in the past, of that I'm sure - the most recent iteration being with the user Entity_Of_Sin. It lasted one episode. I don't really think anyone saw it.

What I think that the idea of a podcast is missing is the user. The past versions of it I have seen have just been one or two people talking about general roleplaying theory. There's no foothold for people to feel involved, and there's no real incentive for the community to settle in and watch.

I'm proposing an RPG Podcast that will solve that problem. It will serve as a "gateway" to the community, bridging the gaps between different circles of writers. Why not have a podcast that's all about user-created content?

"The Week in Gateway" or "The Week on Gateway" (either TWIG or TWOG; haven't decided yet) will be a weekly 5-minute video in a newscast format. Hosted by yours truly, it will attempt to cover the following things in no particular order:

1. A featured Roleplayers Wanted thread that the users should check out.
    2. A featured Interest Check that the users should check out.
    3. Any updates made to the website (as per the "Recent Changes" page at the top of the screen)
    4. "What's Hot" on Gateway in terms of genres
    5. Notable user-submitted content in the Creative Realm
    6. A featured Tabbed roleplay
    7. Notable moments in the Multiverse/Gambit's Bar.

This, I believe, will greatly encourage more users to tune in on a weekly basis. Links to content will be provided in the description of each YouTube video.

This is obviously content that will be for existing users, but so long as we are continuing the idea of chasing down multiple tracts for the RolePlayGateway YouTube channel to have .. this is as good of a place to start. When users are tuning in on a weekly basis, that cements the existence of the channel in their minds. Then, a month later or so, when we submit the "JOIN GATEWAY NOW!" content, the users will have a familiarity with the channel, and can share the videos with friends both IRL or on the internet.

Without this, users won't be as inclined to share a YouTube channel they had no idea existed. With this proposed idea in the works, they'll have an investment to it - their name, their own roleplay, etc.

Thoughts?

ATTENTION: I have been contacted by Kai, my Design Team leader, and her request was to keep this specific idea for the Designers to tackle as an official RolePlayGateway project at a later date. Please do not take this idea. When/if the TWIG/TWOG podcast is launched, users who wish to help out with it are completely welcome to do so, but the actual hosting will be done by myself, or another member of the Design team.

Thank you! And best of luck on this venture.

-VV

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gasmask on Wed May 09, 2012 9:13 am

I'll say it again, Aww dude, seriously?
[left]Image[left]
Tiko says:
I still wanna punch him in the face
Mid says: Gas 1, Mid 0.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gasmask
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed May 09, 2012 9:43 am

Just a reminder: You guys are totally free to make your own podcast. Seriously. Go forth! It's exciting! This recall of the specific TWIG idea is not a shutdown of the original idea that you all had, which was different from the idea I tossed into the pot, anyways.

Gasmask says that you're ready to have your first podcast up by this weekend! That's great news, and I can't wait to hear it!

If you have any other questions about this, you can contact Jag, Kai, or myself.

Best of luck! :D

-VV

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Wed May 09, 2012 10:09 am

I'm posting here to clarify some issues that have been raised both in this thread and in the OOC Chat.

The idea pitched here and the idea ViceVersus mentioned as a Designer project are not in conflict with one another. Given what I have been told about the two ideas, there is no reason that both of them cannot proceed with production, posting and prosperity simultaneously. They were created apart from one another and sufficiently distinct that we don't have a problem here.

I feel that both ideas are credits to the community and will be excited to see them come to fruition.

If anyone has any further issues with this, please let me know. Thank you.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kai on Wed May 09, 2012 5:45 pm

Folks, I just want to apologize for the confusion that was caused by the recall of Sato's pitch. As has already been stated, of course you are more than free to continue with your original podcast idea. There was never any intention of taking that away from you.

I might tune in to watch if time allows :) Best of luck.
He who has ears to hear, let him hear
For this is a tale of an ancient kind
In the word there lies existence and the word became flesh
And dwelt among us and we saw its glory
Let him hear it who will

Kai
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheGemini on Wed May 23, 2012 12:37 pm

I would love to see one of those
Fear drives everthing.

TheGemini
Member for 12 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:15 pm

So it sounds like someone needs my assistance since I was mentioned in the thread? Contact me in PMs or in chat if that's the case.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby genericroleplayer92 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:49 am

I'd love to partake in a podcast, whats being done about it so far?
Vivat Nocte, Omnus Laudem Luna
In every Reality, there will always be Fantasy

genericroleplayer92
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!