Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Nebula's Dawn: F.S.S. Salient

Nebula's Dawn: F.S.S. Salient

a part of “Nebula's Dawn: F.S.S. Salient”, a fictional universe by VindicatedPurpose.

Nebula's Dawn Series Part I: A state of the art ship crewed with greenhorns and raw meat is led by an experienced sea dog on its maiden voyage. [Complete]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Nebula's Dawn: F.S.S. Salient”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Nebula's Dawn: F.S.S. Salient

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:23 pm

That's okay, I think it's a little too late to make a call on cryo freeze. As for slipstream physics, it's just a term to represent the stuff that happens in slipstream.
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:11 am

I think ill go with my next character being an officer on a remote space station on the outskirts of even beyond federation space built and run for scientific purposes. Is that Ok? Since the Salient will be entering high speeds will the Salient pass such a place?

What do you think Vindi?

My character will not be a combat role but i am unsure what role i could give him... any ideas?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uncertainly on Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:10 pm

No. The Arcturus system is federation space. We're not passing it. Unless federation territory is oddly shaped, we wouldn't be close. But there are always ways to get to us.

Administration, tech, science, and menial labor don't fight. Which one tickles your fancy?

Uncertainly
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:38 pm

We'll be arriving either inside or on the edge of the Arcturus System. A space station for any purpose will present IN the system, so that would be fine. As for scientific purposes, I think that would be fantastically convenient for a story I was going to do.

However, Uncertainly has put up several other options, so you can pick from those as well.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uncertainly on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:28 pm

Actually. I agree. There are always options for what to start as...
But scientists have more options for what to end as. I myself will also support research :P

Uncertainly
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:52 pm

I think i will go with a field researcher, since he is still only an "apprentice" i guess he will be getting the less glamorous jobs.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:49 pm

That's fine Colonel, did you have any particular research field of study you were interested in?

A.I. Theory?
Slipspace Physics?
Cryogenics?
Interstellar Travel?
Planetary Exploration?

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:34 am

Ether Interstellar Travel or Planetary Exploration...

For now i am leaning to Interstellar travel but that may change.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:47 pm

Those aren't all the fields by the way.

There's also Cybernetics, which is the encompassing branch of A.I. Theory. If you come up with a field of your liking, don't hesitate to come talk to me about it so we can discuss details.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:24 pm

How does this look, for New Sidney?

By the way, the image changes often. Just refresh the page.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uncertainly on Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:52 pm

Whoa guys. Whoa. Are we putting the whole interrogation in before the slipspace jump?

Uncertainly
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:46 pm

Eh probably...not. I don't think it will fit. It'll just be assumed that the interrogation occurred.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uncertainly on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:40 am

then can you save a copy of that post and then remove it?
Instead, Let's put something along the lines of closing the chapter. Nobody else seems to want to put up an ending post. So.

We could put the results of the interrogation into the next chapter's intro, right?

Uncertainly
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:44 am

Alright...so is that everyone?

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:00 pm

LOL! reminds me of the world in the old civ game alpha century!

by the way how do you want me to send the new character Vindi? he is no ready yet but should be if i put my back into it. From what i understand you are going to make a new thread so should i wait for that?

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:09 pm

Yeah, that is correct. I will be making a new thread/tab page for the next chapter. So you'll need to prepare for that and send it in then.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rulke on Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:44 pm

I can't wait can focus more on Alice and Tiaan again more :).
We help the multi-nationals
when they cry out protect us.
The locals scream and shout a bit,
but we don’t let that affect us.
We’re here to lend a helping hand
in case they don’t elect us.
How dare they buy our products
yet still they don’t respect us.

Billy Bragg - The Marching Song Of The Covert Battalions

Rulke
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Cult Leader Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angelfire on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:08 pm

So... with this chara, I only have her until the original owner decides to come back??

Angelfire
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:27 am

Unfortunately...yes. If the owner decides to come back, it is her character. I don't know whether or not she'll come back.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rulke on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:50 am

Although that being said, it's unlikely she'll return, she's not responded to pm's or anything.

Rulke
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Cult Leader Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!