Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hybrid Foster: A New Beginning

Hybrid Foster: A New Beginning

a part of “Hybrid Foster: A New Beginning”, a fictional universe by Aniihya.

In 2055, the hybrid foster system had improved society significantly. But still many hybrids are treated as second class citizens. So the system still exists where humans raise hybrids.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Hybrid Foster: A New Beginning”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Hybrid Foster: A New Beginning

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Driton on Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:55 pm

I'm not sure what to make of the Karin post. There are a number of errors in it. First, how did Karin know that person was an anti hybrid terrorist? All Karin knew at that point was that a girl screamed in pain, she could have just fallen and hurt herself for all Karin knew. Also, just because someone is moving away from a scene doesn't mean they are the criminal, even if they have a holstered gun, it could have been an out of uniform police officer going to get medical supplies from his car. And she has the ability to change someone's genetic code using a dart gun? That seems out of place for the setting of the RP.

That and the post doesn't progress any relationships or even touch on that note, which is a big part of what this RP is supposed to be about from my understanding.

I'm not trying to be rude here, these are things that all seem to be important and I think they should be addressed now rather than letting things proceed unchecked.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Driton
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:18 pm

Sorry. I am extremely tired and pretty much forgot to write about half of what I had planned. Pretty much, she knows some of these guys faces though. So let's say she recognized that one person. If she recognizes one person, then most of it plays out as she assumes that that person did something bad. The genetics thing: It is in the freaking future. It isnt like were are doing a roleplay in present day. Who knows what awaits us in the future, so I had Karin make a mutagen since she owns a medical company.

Plus you expect me to progress relationships with what had happened in the past three posts? A girl gets assaulted by terrorists, gets saved and is nearly unconscious. Do you expect everything to go how you thought of it? Sorry if the past couple sentences may seem harsh even though they are not meant to be.

Well I am off to bed. I will make changes tomorrow to make it more clear and hopefully I am not tired when I come home from work tomorrow.
Everybody! Unless you have been in a roleplay with me in the past and were loyal to it, do not PM or text me about joining your RP.

I do NOT do Pokemon, Yugioh, WoW or any such RPs.

Please be aware of this.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Driton on Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:35 pm

Okay, first off, anyone who uses the word "freaking" in that context is clearly intending to be harsh or offensive.
Second, you yourself said that we weren't going to be using anything that seemed like it was that far in the future. You specifically said that splicing doesn't exist. While mutagens are different than gene splicing, we certainly aren't any closer to being able to create a controlled mutagen than we are to being able to control gene splicing. as such, your stating that gene splicing doesn't exist implies that neither do controlled mutagens.
Third, when it comes to developing relationships, you clearly have never helped a wounded person before, that tends to be a time of rapid relationship growth. But even if you couldn't do any significant relationship building, at least write in a way that shows you care, you could put in some details, the thoughts racing through Karin's mind as she sees Miiko wounded and leaning back against Trayton, anything that shows you even put any thought into it.

Your response has definitely made it clear that you don't really care about this RP. Good to know.

Driton
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:48 pm

I RP for the fun, I never take roleplaying too seriously. Sorry for the harsh response earlier, I was just very tired and cranky. Generally the past few days I didn't get much sleep and probably didn't post well. The mutagen still stays but I will get back to that post soon to enhance details. By the way, I put the condition that splicing didn't exist yet. It is generally to say that people cannot have a spliced character for specific reasons as it had gone terribly wrong before. So terribly wrong that I discontinued the rp because it stunk of Mary-Sue.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Masquerade (Skye) on Thu May 01, 2014 10:48 am

Whoa hold on guys, isn't this supposed to be fun? Yes Aniihya developed a dart that seems way too complex for most of us to even begin thinking about, but it is her RP. Okay her post might have been halfhearted and didn't really delve into the relationship, but she said herself that she's been tired and the real world comes before RP's. I'm not siding with anyone Driton, I'm just saying that we should remain professional about this.

Aniihya, I think what Driton is trying to say that he is confused and surprised because you said we would not be going so far into the future and here comes this extravagant weapon that can change the bio electricity and DNA in just one shot. Quite frankly I don't mind, I think it's a rather awesome invention, but I'm also a bit confused as to how you came to the conclusion that such a tool would be useful at this moment?

Masquerade (Skye)
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Thu May 01, 2014 5:01 pm

To your question, I had maybe thought of Karin having her "evil" moments, not caring about ethics. Plus the idea was simply that splicing wasn't invented YET or was so secret that it was unheard of. About the post I admit that it lacked interaction with other characters. Yet it might take a couple of days for me to get to correcting it as I am currently moving into an apartment closer to work.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Driton on Thu May 01, 2014 5:14 pm

I don't see how pointing out the facts is unprofessional in this situation. And yes, this is supposed to be fun, that's why I pointed out these issues, no one enjoys an RP where the GM or some of the players aren't putting in any effort. As far as the whole life comes first thing, I agree, but you still made a commitment to this RP and the other players are still people. If you can't put a little effort and thought in to your posts because of life stuff, then you shouldn't join/create the RP to begin with. So saying life is more important doesn't change how good or bad a post is, it just says you don't care to bother with the post which is rather unfair to the other players.

I get that Aniihya was tired and made a bad post because of it, that doesn't bother me. But then when I pointed out the issues that needed to be fixed, the response was basically just an excuse of why the post was perfectly valid and why even if it wasn't, I shouldn't care. That is not an appropriate response, which tells me that Aniihya doesn't care.

I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this, all I'm doing is trying to make things run a little smoother and make the RP a little more enjoyable. I didn't even point out the major issue, Karin would be put in prison for punishing someone outside of the legal system, that is a crime. Trayton would be put in jail until they investigated and figured out for sure if he killed that person in defense or if it was murder. That's how it works, but I wasn't concerned about that. I'm not being nit picky or anything, I'm just trying to get people to think things through a bit and think out their post before hitting submit.

That having been said, I'm going to go work on the next Trayton post.

EDIT: I see Aniihya posted while I was writing this post up. Yeah, I can see it being hard to make your posts while moving, if you want I'm fine with putting the RP on hold until you get moved and settled, just let us know.

EDIT again: Also, don't worry about going back and editing your post, let's just all try to do well and enjoy ourselves from here on. I apologize for coming off as rude, that was not my intent, I have a tendency to be blunt, and often phrase things poorly.

Driton
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Sat May 03, 2014 5:01 am

I will post this evening. I am currently settling in after my first night at my new apartment and need to buy some groceries today.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Sat May 03, 2014 12:01 pm

HELLO EVERYONE!!! TIS ME POLARISBEAR12!!

Hmm seems like I came at a wrong time even if I'm two days off.I agree with Driton though.

Any who I'm glad you guys are still posting. Life has cleared up for me somewhat and I'd really love to get back into this role play. If I can rejoin you guys could I get a quick rundown of everything that's happened. I'll read through the posts but having a quick summary of what's happened so far helps a lot.
Bleach||A New Era
♀ Role Open
(10/25/16)
The Bear's Loft
CS's & future RP's

Polarisbear12
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Masquerade (Skye) on Sat May 03, 2014 7:59 pm

Nothing major happened, Shikurai joined, then it seems she abandoned, Miiko got kidnapped by an anti hybrid terrorist organization and is currently in the hospital, Trayton got shot saving Miiko, Ookami-san developed a gun with Mutagen H that can turn a human into a hybrid, thus starting the argument over whether or not such a device should be allowed and that's about it.

Masquerade (Skye)
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Sat May 03, 2014 10:17 pm

Oh. . . hmm I read through the posts and only a day or two has past I think. So not much has happened since I last posted for Kuma. As for the whole gun thing, not that I'm trying to relight it, isn't it a bit yoo convinent for Karin to have had that gun with her. Sure she could carry a gun with regular bullets but she couldn't have possibly have known not is it logical for her to have just that type of gun with her. In my opinion it isn't very realistic, but that's just my two cents. Once I get Aniiyha's permission I'll get to writing a post and join in on the fun stuff:)

Polarisbear12
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Sun May 04, 2014 7:54 am

Go ahead and write a post. Mine should be up in the next couple hours. Just don't know what to write yet.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Sun May 04, 2014 1:23 pm

Alright posted:3 sorry if it seemed like I forced myself into the situation^^; I think I did a pretty good job at making it seem reasonable.

Polarisbear12
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Driton on Sun May 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Glad to have you back Polaris, it will be good to have another player in the RP. Your way of getting Kuma involved in the situation was good, you didn't have a whole lot of options.

Driton
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Thu May 08, 2014 5:10 pm

Sorry for not having a post up yet. Things got a bit busy at school and I still have a posts to write for 3 of my own role plays, which are really important to me, and another one that I've been a part of since I first joined>.< I should have a post up by the end of the weekend though, sorry for the delay.

Polarisbear12
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Driton on Thu May 08, 2014 9:44 pm

But, but, the weekend hasn't even started yet and you probably won't post until the end of the weekend? *sad face*

Pouting aside, thanks for letting us know. I can't promise I won't get bored and post before then though.

Driton
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Fri May 09, 2014 5:04 am

Yeah I know:p I've been trying to work on it all week and was going to post it but then Anniya posted. So I had to rewrite a little bit of it. That and I still have posts to weite for my other role plays>.<

Polarisbear12
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ChaoticInsanity on Fri May 09, 2014 11:43 pm

Oh. Hi! I'm back, I guess.
Been super busy. >.>
So, yeah. I'll try and get a post up soon..

ChaoticInsanity
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Sat May 24, 2014 1:27 pm

So uhh . . . . what happened? I believe the person to post next is Aniihya or have we possibly died?

Polarisbear12
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Sat May 24, 2014 5:49 pm

Yeah I will try to post tomorrow after I have gone voting.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!