Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Monster Hearts

Monster Hearts

a part of “Monster Hearts”, a fictional universe by Script.

Most teenagers get to grow up without encountering anything scarier than gang violence, drug overdoses and chlamydia. They think that’s the worst that the world has to offer them, and they have the luxury of laughing. You don’t have that luxury.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Monster Hearts”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Monster Hearts

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:48 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Monster Hearts"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Image Image

(03:04:15) Lialore says: I wanted to be the poo.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Re: Monster Hearts

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gentlemiss on Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:27 pm

I'd like to make a male vampire-type character... do I only need the information the CS entails on the introduction? (Since from the rest I assume you ask us questions, and more is filled it.) I just want to make sure I won't put too little information. ^_^
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Andrew Biersack owns my ❤
But Brendon Urie borrows it sometimes.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gentlemiss
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Exotica on Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:22 am

I'd love to play a slightly different take based off your witch! I'll also be making a male character. I can't wait for the tabletop element and everything. I'll finally have an excuse besides game night to pull out my dice bag.

Exotica
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby delfiler on Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:36 am

i would love to join this but it seems like your missing the darkest self of the werewolf, i know it's an example but i just wanted to point that out (and that i'm making one ^^)

edit: okay scrap it just saw there are more and as i suspected you pick those as examples

delfiler
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:23 am

Gentlemiss: The provided character sheet has everything you should need, you can include more than that if you want but you shouldn't need to. If you're inventing a new archetype (or altering an existing one) then explain what it is in your profile, otherwise you should be good.

Exotica: Sounds good to me!

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:12 pm

Okay! I'm posting questions for accepted characters here so people can see examples of them and how others have answered them for guidance in the future.

This is for Gentlemiss and Raijin, and are directed towards Raijin - you should answer them with a mind to how your character perceives events.

1. Why does your uncle blame you for his marriage falling apart? Is he right to? How has that affected his feelings for and attitude towards you? Has he forgiven you, or does he resent you for it?

2. Someone once saved your unlife. Who was it? How did it happen? (You can answer this question later when there are more PCs if you want a player character to have saved you. If so, collab with them to work out a few details.)

3. Who's the one that can break through your shell? The exception to your calculations, the person you care for - as a friend, family member or otherwise? (again, you can answer this one later if you want it to be a player character. This one requires less collaboration)

4. What jaded you to the point where you couldn't care less about most people? Was it a specific event, or was it the entirety of middle-school? Why keep your emotions hidden?

Okay, all done. Out of 2 and 3, at least one should ideally be a player character. Have fun, and remember, just let me know if any of the things the questions infer go strongly against your vision of the character.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cota on Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:06 pm

I'm going to submit a female vampire character. She'll be done later this evening.
“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton

Cota
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Get-To-Know Raijin

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gentlemiss on Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:15 am

QUESTION
------------

Why does your uncle blame you for his marriage falling apart? Is he right to? How has that affected his feelings for and attitude towards you? Has he forgiven you, or does he resent you for it?

ANSWER
----------

It was before my fifth birthday when uncle's marriage fell apart. I know I was a difficult child, always getting myself into trouble, never wanting to listen to what people told me to do and just generally being naughty. I was the kid that got caught with his hand inside the cookie jar and just took the whole damn thing, I'd already been caught so why not? Uncle and the ex-wife had just been married when my parents died, and ex-wife hadn't been crazy about having a child around. So I suppose it's more my parents fault than mine, they're the ones who died. I don't care much as to what he thinks about it though, he's not very often around. Uncle travels a lot, is a business man. When he is around though, life is pretty hell-ish, and he tries to be strict and control things. I think he knows he can't, and I'll really continue doing what I want mostly, but we have a sort of mutual agreement that I'll let him pretend he's in charge and he won't catch me breaking the rules. He's resented me since I broke up his marriage, even though it wasn't intentional.

QUESTION
------------

Someone once saved your unlife. Who was it? How did it happen?

ANSWER
----------

It happened when I was seventeen. More to add one there's someone to collab with.]

QUESTION
------------

Who's the one that can break through your shell? The exception to your calculations, the person you care for - as a friend, family member or otherwise?

ANSWER
----------

Anyone who is strong enough to not submit to my mental abuse and manipulation.

QUESTION
------------

What jaded you to the point where you couldn't care less about most people? Was it a specific event, or was it the entirety of middle-school? Why keep your emotions hidden?

ANSWER
----------

I am the same person now that I was in middle-school. The entirety of my life has been spent in a detached state. From a young age I was alone, with no one to turn to for emotional support, the only way to show emotions was to force them onto someone, and that was more often that not in an angry or violent way. It's just easier, to not vary from the norm. Everyone knows me as the person I am today, perhaps slightly worse after being turned.

Gentlemiss
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caged Bird on Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:34 am

Are you accepting Anime or Real live characters? I assumed from the intro page it would be live, but the characters submitted already are anime??

Caged Bird
Member for 12 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Beta Tester Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:43 am

Okay, aside from two people who've already been in touch with me and delfiler/Exotica who'd already stated their intent to create a character, I'm going to be largely closing the RP to new characters now. I may make exceptions, but to begin with I want to keep the cast of players relatively small so it's feasible for me to pay as close attention as possible to each character and take a very active role in GMing the world by controlling the NPCs around everyone. As soon as everyone has submitted their character I'll move onto some questions for everyone about the school and homeroom, to establish some NPCs that everyone knows.

Mistress: I don't distinguish between characters based on the pictures the player chooses to represent them. :)

In the meantime, questions for CelticCat and Cota! :)

CelticCat:

1. Why do you blame yourself for your mother leaving? How do you rationalise it in your mind?

2. Is your father emotionally distant because he isn't at home, or can he just not handle having three daughters after losing his wife?

3. Your eldest younger sibling is a gossip at middle school, constantly throwing half-truths and lies around about people. How does this conflict with the value you place on promises and truth? How does if affect your relationship with her?

4. You cling onto most people, but who's special? Who's the one who holds your undivided attention when they're in the room, who you've promised yourself you'll never let go of? (you can wait till the full roster of characters is submitted before answering if you want this to be a PC)

5. Have you ever encountered the Faery court, or had other interactions with the world of the fae?

6. Who, in the past, have you exacted punishment on for betraying your trust? In what way? How is their life now, and do you feel guilty about it? (this can also be a PC, but obviously you'll need to collab with the player to make sure they're okay with whatever you want to have done to get revenge on them, since it might drastically affect their 'social standing')

Cota:

1. Why did you sneak out that night, when you got turned? Was it to rebel against your foster parents, or was there something specific?

2. Is Dr. Bradley like other vampries? Cold, manipulative and dark? Or is he different, kinder, more human? If the latter, he's made enemies by distancing himself from the rest of vampire-kind. Who have you seen exchanging hushed but angry words with him on the doorstep?

3. How often do you feed, and how? Does Dr. Bradley's profession get you access to blood without harming others, or must you surrender to your base nature when the need for blood arises? Do you fight it when it comes?

4. Do you sometimes use your manipulative and hypnotic nature to your advantage in your social circles? It's always tempting, and so very easy - it can't hurt just this once, can it? Or do you actively make sure that your interactions are genuine?

5. Who's the person who knows what you are? Do they hold it over you as blackmail, or do they have their own dark secret they've shared? (you can wait to answer this till all the PCs are submitted if you want this to be a player character, in which case you should talk to them to work it out)

6. Did you move to Roseville recently, or did you attend middle school there as well?

7. Who's the one who tempts you towards letting people in again the most? The one who even more than the rest you can't stand to keep at arm's length. (again, can wait till the full roster of PCs is submitted)

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CelticCat on Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:33 pm

Woohoo! Got in just in time. So excited for this RP. :3

1. Why do you blame yourself for your mother leaving? How do you rationalise it in your mind?

I was the last one to see her, to talk to her. I'd made this huge mess in the kitchen and she went off to get a towel to wipe me off. When she came back, she was unfocused and didn't have the towel. Just a necklace with a red feather on it. She put it in my hand, kissed my forehead, and told me that I'd understand eventually. Then she just ran out and never came back. I was a kid, I thought she meant I'd realize what I'd done to make her leave. Well, I have. I was the catalyst that let her find her cap, I'm sure of it. She took and she went back to wherever home is, not a word to anyone else. Dad's made me relive that moment again and again. It never gets any easier.

2. Is your father emotionally distant because he isn't at home, or can he just not handle having three daughters after losing his wife?

Dad's got two jobs, he's hard pressed to keep income steady to take care of my sisters and I. When he comes home, he's just really tired. Exhausted physically and emotionally. He doesn't have the patience to watch Davina play her games or listen to Isla's stories about her day. So, I try to keep them distracted with other things and let Dad relax alone in his den.

3. Your eldest younger sibling is a gossip at middle school, constantly throwing half-truths and lies around about people. How does this conflict with the value you place on promises and truth? How does if affect your relationship with her?

Isla...Isla's difficult, to be sure. No matter how many time I tell her what she's doing is wrong, she goes back to it. She's made and broken tens of promises and I can't control the consequences to her. Not really. I follow the rules. The gossip always turns around back at her, leaving her with few real friends. She's known as a clutz, as she's always getting into little "accidents." I don't let anything dangerous happen to her, of course. She's my sister, no matter how deceptive she is, but she needs to learn that her gossip hurts.

4. You cling onto most people, but who's special? Who's the one who holds your undivided attention when they're in the room, who you've promised yourself you'll never let go of? (you can wait till the full roster of characters is submitted before answering if you want this to be a PC)

Yep, holding off for full roster on this one.

5. Have you ever encountered the Faery court, or had other interactions with the world of the fae?

I've never met any of the court. I've only really stumbled across a few solitary fae, like brownies. I've tried everything I can think of to make more contact, so I can learn more about who I am and what I can really do. The efforts have been wasted, though. I can only assume that if they wish to find me, they will.

6. Who, in the past, have you exacted punishment on for betraying your trust? In what way? How is their life now, and do you feel guilty about it?

The worst was Michelle. She was my close friend through a lot of my childhood. She made me several promises, like never leaving, always telling me if something important was happening...Things like that. She broke them all. Her parents were transferred out of state and she left without a word. I had to hear about it from the teacher the next morning. My vengeance is that she'll never find true friends again, never fall in love. She'll drown in the loneliness, like the kind I felt when she left. I don't know what's become of her beyond that and I don't care. No, I don't feel bad about it in the least. She was a liar and she deserves all of it. Besides, I'll never have to see the outcome anyway.
*Made by DraconicArcania and all rights go to her.

CelticCat
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cota on Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:48 pm

1. Why did you sneak out that night, when you got turned? Was it to rebel against your foster parents, or was there something specific?
It was stupid, is what it was. I should have heeded their warnings. I should have told them about the party. Maybe then they would have taken me themselves. But I was scared, afraid that they'd forbid me from going if they knew. I thought that it would be safe, that nothing could happen to me on a half-mile walk in the dark. That's what I get for my optimism.

2. Is Dr. Bradley like other vampires? Cold, manipulative and dark? Or is he different, kinder, more human? If the latter, he's made enemies by distancing himself from the rest of vampire-kind. Who have you seen exchanging hushed but angry words with him on the doorstep? Dr. Bradley is kind, but in a way that differs from the kindness of my foster family. He's stern and serious, but he truly cares about my education and well being. Disappointing him is a punishment on it's own merits, but his approval is worth the entire world. He's fair in his treatment of me, a luxury I would not have gotten elsewhere. I get the feeling that he doesn't see eye to eye with a lot of other vampires, and on more than one occasion I've heard my name discussed. I can't help but feel in part responsible for his troubles.

3. How often do you feed, and how? Does Dr. Bradley's profession get you access to blood without harming others, or must you surrender to your base nature when the need for blood arises? Do you fight it when it comes?
Dr. Bradley tries to bring home a small bag of blood from work each day for me, but he can't always manage. He's taught me to maintain control, even when the thirst comes, but it's difficult. He understands this, and so he taught me to feed without killing or turning the human. Still, there are times that I have to leave class because the urge is too great. I'm afraid that one day I will hurt someone.

4. Do you sometimes use your manipulative and hypnotic nature to your advantage in your social circles? It's always tempting, and so very easy - it can't hurt just this once, can it? Or do you actively make sure that your interactions are genuine?
I never want to use it, but sometimes I worry that I do so without realizing it. The more I get what I want, the more I fear that I'm using people, and I recoil from them. I find that it's easier to be sure if I just stay away from people.

5. Who's the person who knows what you are? Do they hold it over you as blackmail, or do they have their own dark secret they've shared? (you can wait to answer this till all the PCs are submitted if you want this to be a player character, in which case you should talk to them to work it out) Putting off for the moment, until the roster is full.

6. Did you move to Roseville recently, or did you attend middle school there as well?
I moved to Roseville eight months ago,and I only attended Roseville High for two months last year, before summer vacation.

7. Who's the one who tempts you towards letting people in again the most? The one who even more than the rest you can't stand to keep at arm's length.
Luca Evans. For some reason it's harder for me to stay away from him than I'd like. When he comes around, I feel my perceptions grow fuzzy, and I have trouble forming my words. He doesn't know how I feel, and he can't know. It would be fatal. Hopefully, like all crushes, it will pass.
Last edited by Cota on Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cota
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:30 am

Thanks for the answers guys.

A note to everyone - I've just posted up a TON of new characters, but so nobody's alarmed, they aren't full-characters. Most of the profiles that just flooded the character page are NPCs, who won't see any action aside from their interactions with your characters.

Most of the NPCs submitted so far are your classmates for your homeroom, the people you see every day at school. Most of what you need to know about them is in the synopsis, but every character has a 'common knowledge' section in their profile with what your character would likely know about that NPC.

If you want your character to be better acquainted with any of the NPCs, then just let me know.

Also welcome to Moonscar and Architect, who I'll be posting questions for tomorrow. :)

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:17 am

Question time!

Moonscar:

1. What does your sister know about you? Did your mother keep it secret from her that you ever died, or does she know that you've been brought back?

2. Someone's seen you slip out of your skin. Who was it?

3. How do you feel about your mother bringing you back? Being undead's not so bad, but was it her right to make that decision? Is it just another freedom she's taken away from you?

4. You give out a lot of advice, but who do you turn to when you need help?

5. Who's the person for whom you wish you would take your own advice, and just talk to them? It seems so easy when you're telling other people to do it...

Architect:

1. Being a ghost makes it so easy to sneak around places you shouldn't. Do you make a habit of peeking where you shouldn't, listening in to things that aren't your business, and being an unseen voyeur?

2. Lisa's last boyfriend broke up with her seemingly out of the blue, looking terrified. Were you behind that?

3. Someone once saw you halfway through a wall, and knows what you are. Who?

4. Who's the one who makes your heart feel like it's beating again?

5. How did your parents' car crash affect your relationships with your siblings? Who was involved in the crash? Is there anyone you blame?

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:32 pm

Questions for ViceVersus!

1. What does your grandmother think of your sudden rise in wealth? Has the wool been pulled over her eyes, or is she in on the deal?

2. Who knows about your dealings with powers beyond your understanding, and thinks they can save you? What do you think of them?

3. Your popularity is bitter sweet. How aware are you of what people say behind your back, and the way they fake their attitudes towards you? Does it hurt, or does their resentful dependence make you feel powerful?

4. Have you ever used the Gray Man to harm someone directly? Ever wished someone would just... hurt? If not, has it crossed your mind?

5. Who's the person you want more than anything to like you? The one you'd do anything to be close to, who you'd give anything to make them feel for you?

Since I haven't heard from Exotica since his first post, once I've got the answers to everyone's questions I'm going to call this a complete roster!

Time to go back over your answers to questions you didn't answer yet. Remember, you can pick either PCs or NPCs, but I encourage that everyone tries to have a connection to at least one other PC!

If you're posting new answers, then either give me a message to let me know you've edited or post them in a new post, so I'm aware of them :)

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonscar on Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:00 pm

1. What does your sister know about you? Did your mother keep it secret from her that you ever died, or does she know that you've been brought back?

"Mom really... acts like she doesn't know. Acts like it didn't happen, actually. But she saw it happen, knew she was going downhill. Jia's a smart kid, and I guess that wasn't always a good thing. She's gotten so quiet since I came back. I think she avoids me. Mom kept telling her I was sick and that I couldn't wake up for a while. That's the lie she told me, too."

2. Someone's seen you slip out of your skin. Who was it?

"Raijin. I wanted to die a second time. Listen, it's not that... we don't all have our own... secrets. It's just that mine's not as normal as everyone else's. I need to get on his good side. Quick."

3. How do you feel about your mother bringing you back? Being undead's not so bad, but was it her right to make that decision? Is it just another freedom she's taken away from you?

"I have mixed feelings. On one hand, why, yes. I'm happy to be alive! It's... great... to be a walking... fucking... skeleton. I got something back when I died, but it wasn't what it was before. She's trying so hard to make it up to me. She's trying so hard to give me everything back like it just. Didn't. Happen. Trying to believe that she's in control even though everything fell through her fingers in one night. I've done everything I can to show her that everything's not like it was, but even if it's not, things can still be great! An unlife... is still life. Right?"

4. You give out a lot of advice, but who do you turn to when you need help?

"Rhapsody. Bless her heart. If Juliet was the sun, this woman is angel's song incarnate. Just have to dance around my words like a good samba."

5. Who's the person for whom you wish you would take your own advice, and just talk to them? It seems so easy when you're telling other people to do it...

"That... Dave. It... it's not obvious, you know, I know. We all know that. But there's more to the guy than anyone knows. Deep in his soul. Lower than his soul, maybe..."
Last edited by Moonscar on Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"'I'm bored' is a useless thing to say. You live in a great, big, vast world that you've seen none percent of. And even the inside of your own mind is endless. It goes on forever inwardly. Do you understand? Being the fact that you're alive is amazing, so you don't get to be bored."

-Louis CK

Moonscar
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CelticCat on Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:00 pm

Alright, last answer! Wooo~

4. You cling onto most people, but who's special? Who's the one who holds your undivided attention when they're in the room, who you've promised yourself you'll never let go of?

That's...that's difficult. I mean, I'm surrounded by people that unfold like blossoms as I get to know them, full of beautiful and different colors, scents...I guess, if I'm honest, there are two who stand out. I mean, Wade's take the school by storm and I like keep close to him. He's this need that sort of reminds me of me, I guess? Jerrard, though...Jerrard, I'd like to keep. Above anyone else, even Wade. Jerrard pulls me in, just look at him, like diving into a pool. It's like he's half somewhere else and I just have this urge to meet him there. So, yes. I've promised myself, I'll never let Jerrard slip away. My word is my bind.

CelticCat
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:20 am

These are some questions Moonscar and CelticCat came up for Luca! Since it's only fair that I join in the Q&A sesh. :D

1. "You've never known your father, aside from your mother's religiously biased description. Is what he's passed down to you a gift or curse? When you think about him, what really comes to mind?"

"It's a mixed bag. I've got to admit that having wings comes in handy. Flying is the most ... amazing thing, on your own wings. I'd be hard pressed to ever give it up now, y'know? But the anger... god, what I would give to be able to go a day without wanting to punch someone. It's always boiling there inside and I hurt people when I snap. It's not when I punch out an idiot that I care, it's when I lash out emotionally at the people close to me. That's not me, and yet... it is. Inescapably. That's a curse. That's what he left me with. And when I think of him? I see a faceless figure with his back turned. Fuck him."

2. "What is the relationship between you and your mother now? What does she think of you since the accidental reveal?"

"Strained. Hah, that's putting it lightly. What do you get when you cross a constantly angry teenager who does weed, drinks and hangs out with criminals with a passionately Catholic mother who's not right in the head and wants to believe that he's going to turn into a perfect holy angel? A mess, that's what. I appreciate what she does for me, but I can't deal with her most of the time. I feel like she doesn't love me for who I am, but for what she sees in me - her angel, her line to her stupid God. I spend more time at Jay's house than my own."

3. "When all that anger builds up, who is the one person you just can't take it out on? Whose presence keeps your sinful nature at bay, just for a while?"

"There's actually two people. It's stupid, I don't even know the guy that well, but there's something about that drama dork Adrian that stops me in my tracks when with anyone else I'd be yelling at them. He's never been anything but kind to me, and I've never done anything to deserve it. The day I snap at him is the day I hate myself. And then there's Kayin... well, let's just say I owe him."

4. "What was your true motivation for keeping such a good eye on Jay Michaels?"

"There's two answers here, I guess. The first answer? We've been friends since kindergarten, and when he started getting involved in bad shit, I felt obliged to stop him from drowning in it. I like to think that he'd have my back in return, but somehow I don't think I'll rely on it. The second... well, it's not what you think, that's for sure. Maybe once, a little, but not now. I think there's something more than troubleseeking going on with him. Trouble finds him as much as, if not more than the other way around. It's uncanny. I don't know what's with him, but I intend to find out."

5. "It doesn't take much to rile you up, but who does it the best? Who's the one person who just presses all your buttons without even trying?"

"Wade. That slimy asshole thinks that just because he has a big house, and big money, he can tell everyone what to do. He thinks he's above everyone. And come on, have you looked at him? His face just begs to be punched like, all the time!"

6. "Someone's seen you at your worst. Who was it?"

"I... don't like talking about this. It was in the summer between freshman and sophomore year. Me and my mom had an argument that ended in talking about my dad, and her screaming at me that I'd never live up to his legacy the way I was acting. Well, I didn't - still don't, by the way - want to have that legacy. I was beyond angry, and so to avoid taking it out on my mom right there, I ran, then flew until I couldn't bear it any longer and touched down in the woods just outside of town. And left alone with the hatred of what dad had given me? I tried to destroy it. I started tearing feathers out of my wings, mutilating them. I screamed, but I was beyond caring about the pain.

Kayin found me there. I don't know why he was walking through the woods that day, or how he managed to look past the 'holy crap, Luca has wings' part, but I don't much care to question it. If it weren't for him intervening, I'd probably have never flown again."

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:17 pm

Script wrote:Questions for ViceVersus!

1. What does your grandmother think of your sudden rise in wealth? Has the wool been pulled over her eyes, or is she in on the deal?

"Wool, I guess, but there was enough there already. One minute she knows who I am and what year it is, the next minute she calls me Daniel, and asks about the milkman. Her house is small, cramped, and smells like piss. The mansion -- you've seen it, of course -- is huge and modern. Much more suiting someone of my refined tastes. She can sit in her rocking chair and talk about milk bottles for the rest of her stupid life, for all I care."

2. Who knows about your dealings with powers beyond your understanding, and thinks they can save you? What do you think of them?

"Joel was there with the Grey Man first came. Since then, he's been trying to convince me that the Grey Man is something evil, or whatever. He's jealous. I don't know why. I'm generous to him. He was there with me before all of this happened, before the Grey Man came along -- and I reward him well! I let him hang out with me, I let him share a piece of the power. I give him a section of the web. If he keeps trying to mess with this thing I have going, I'm going to have to do something more drastic .. "

3. Your popularity is bitter sweet. How aware are you of what people say behind your back, and the way they fake their attitudes towards you? Does it hurt, or does their resentful dependence make you feel powerful?

"I know what they call me. Shug the Slug. I know people hate me, it's whatever. They can hate me, but they still want what I have .. they still have to come to me. They depend on me. It doesn't hurt. It's just business .. and I'm in the business of popularity."

4. Have you ever used the Gray Man to harm someone directly? Ever wished someone would just... hurt? If not, has it crossed your mind?

".. I-I don't know. If someone crossed me, absolutely. You don't fuck with the King."

5. Who's the person you want more than anything to like you? The one you'd do anything to be close to, who you'd give anything to make them feel for you?

"There's someone. I've had my eye on her for some time. If she could only understand all the things I could give to her, all the things I could do for her. But she doesn't accept what I give her. Doesn't she realize how important I am? I'll do anything .. anything to make her see .. "

Hi guys! I know some of you, and some of you I don't know. I am looking for a player character to fill the role of the girl that Wade is really into. Also, I would not be averse to another player character taking the role of Joel (who is currently and NPC), Wade's friend before the Gray Man came to him and gave him all this wealth.

Many thanks to Spamalamb for the invite. :) Can't wait to get started.

PS: Link to Wade Shug's profile.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:42 pm

Okay! Since it's just Architect who hasn't posted his replies yet, I'm gonna go ahead and post some more general questions to establish your interactions with NPCs. All of the NPCs in your characters' homeroom are posted up on the roleplay, and they represent a sample of all the various cliques and the like around school.

These NPCs will be only as in the spotlight as you make them, I'll only be giving them screentime when they're interacting with player characters. That can make them major or minor players. Make sure you give each of them a cursory glance over, since your character probably knows them at least by name.

But without further ado, questions for everyone!

1. Who do you hang around with? What would you describe your 'clique' as? Jocks, geeks, goths? Or do you not fit in anywhere? What PCs and NPCs are your friends?

2. Homeroom. Who do you sit with? Feel free to pick PCs, but check with the other player first. This is high school, remember, where you sit is important. Not just anyone can sit next to Cynthia Ward.

3. What classes do you take? You don't need a comprehensive list, just give me highlights - subjects your characters enjoy the most, or hate the most. Everyone takes english, history, math, gym, and at least one science.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!