Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Last of Us - Outbreak

a part of “The Last of Us - Outbreak”, a fictional universe by Kojovs.

The wolrd is crumbling. A new strain of a fungus know as Cordyceps, has started it's rampage on humanity. Will you survive?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Last of Us - Outbreak”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kojovs on Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:43 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Last of Us - Outbreak"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kojovs
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Last of Us - Outbreak

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koleu on Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:32 pm

I will definetely be joining on this one. Expect a character in a few hours. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Koleu
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Legate on Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:21 pm

got my character in

Legate
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kojovs on Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:02 am

Your character is cool Legate, however there are a few things that needs to be noticed. First, it's been only 3 months since the outbreak started so you have to change the part about a year or so, when he reach Boston, unless you plan to make him appear when it's been one year in the storyline. Second, he seems to have to many weapons and to many rounds for it.

His skills are ok, he seems like the kind of guy that would be the tank of a group. He could be the one tasked with finding food and such as the story progresses, as well as the melee tank of the group. His weapons are aslo ok, it's been only 3 months, and a sniper rifle wouldn't be that hard to come acros as when compared to 20 years later after the apocalypse. However as tiem goes by, bullets for it will be extremely rare, and keeping the gun under maintenance will also be harder as well, so he will lose the gun eventually, be mindful of that.

His backpack is also ok, it's been three months, and as soon as the martial law was institued most people would have survival gear on their backpacks.

You didn't used the character sheet I provided as well, but that is no problem. I put it into the rules section, but it isn't a have-to-have rule. As long as people give me a good understanding of their character, any sheet is good. And yours is pretty fancy, I like that. xD

Overall, only the amount of guns he has, and bullets for it are a bit of an exxageration. Just change that, and your character will be accepted. xD

Kojovs
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Legate on Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:00 am

Yeah sounds good I can switch it up, IT was a character I used for another Last of Us style Roleplay so I just kinda copied and pasted hahaha :P I'll give it a fine tune today

Legate
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Legate on Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:21 pm

Ok rejigged time lines and weapons. I took out the silenced pistol because that was a bit farfetched (that's just the way the other rp was going :P ) However I think 500 rounds of 5.56 is reasonable that's only like 2-3 boxes or so. It will grow more scarce but 5.56 is probably the most common chambering for military weapons. Also he acquired it in a town with a couple military groups. (I have actually tried to base this character off a survival kit that my friend just built) I think that's reasonable but if not I can change that up a bit too

Legate
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kojovs on Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:18 pm

It's ok, your character is a very good one. Accepted. I'll make the intro post in a few hours. :)

Kojovs
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EscapingYouth on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:12 pm

is it too late to join?? :)

EscapingYouth
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EscapingYouth on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:02 pm

whoops posted by mistake haha

EscapingYouth
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kojovs on Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:24 pm

It is never to late to join youth. :)

You just need to finish the character sheet so I can read it fully to know if the character is ok. I'm finishing the first post of the story, but we will make your character appear afterwards.

Kojovs
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EscapingYouth on Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:58 pm

alll done! so sorry it took so long I hope she's good enough!

EscapingYouth
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kojovs on Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:22 am

I just finished the first post. And I would like to take the opportunity and talk about how it will work.

Next will be Legate's turn to post. The NPC's i posted with it are not that important, they are just to add that death that is needed in an apocalyptic scenario. So you can deal with them as you see fit. Kill the both, only one of them, or let them live, you decide. :)

Then it's Koleu's turn. And then EscapingYouth can make a post introducing her character to the group, as unfortunately, the first post is already out.

If I didn't portrayed Erik or Tierman very well, you can always tell me, and I'll change it to the best of my abilities to suit how you want them to act. Also remember that Casper is the thinker of the group, meaning he always traces the plans, but is not a good fighter, so he will need someone to watch his back.

That's all. I'll be waiting for your post Legate. :)

Kojovs
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Legate on Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:05 pm

Honestly I'm not sure how I feel about the structure. I don't particularly feel comfortable with writing other peoples characters nor am I particularly comfortable with other people writing mine. While I do think that it's a god idea to have NPC's we can do that with I think maybe we should only play our own characters dialogue. I'm ok with people taking actions with each others characters as long as it doesn't fundamentally effect the character somehow though. I'm going to try and do that for the next post so you'll see what I mean.

Legate
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koleu on Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:54 pm

I honestly enjoy the way Kojovs wrote his post. Probably because every RP I've ever been in we RP'd like that. I honestly think it's more fun. If we only play our own characters dialogue, just like Kojovs already stated on the rules section, the story will get a thousand replies and go nowhere. Besides he also instated in the rules section that we were supposed to write it as we should write a book. That means big pages of text in were we use each other's characters.

I remember seeing once a Bleach RP on fanpop. I guess it's name was resurgence, if I'm not wrong. They write everything just like Kojovs written. And the story is marvelous for a fanfic, it could even be a book if the creator of the manga wanted to. That's just how good the story is. I'll send you the link so you can see what I'm talking about.

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/bleach-anim ... e#comments

I suggest you to start in the second page to read how their posts are made. And if I'm not wrong, they're quite popular RP's over there.

And evetytime there is some sort of huge event in wich characters will die and such, or even be serverely modified for the sake of the RP they all talk so everyone can have a sense of where each people wants their character to stand. It's really cool.

Koleu
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Legate on Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:05 pm

mmk, I'll give it a try

Legate
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Legate on Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:57 pm

Post is up

Legate
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kojovs on Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:35 pm

A great post. You'll get used to this style pretty soon. :)

Just gotta wait for Koleu now.

Kojovs
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koleu on Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:14 am

Post is done.

Koleu
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kojovs on Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:55 am

Great post Koleu! I really enjoyed the narrative. It was fast and agile, but also solid and detailed.

Now it's your turn youth. You can make a post introducing your character and meeting the party. Just don't make then reach the quarantine zone yet.

Kojovs
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kojovs on Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:19 am

Nice post youth, I really enjoyed reading it! It was fluid, and really enetertaining, It hooked me to the last line to know how she would meet them.

However there's just a few things to note. Nothing about your post, but about the lore of TLOU.

The infected aren't undead. They are living human beings infected by a fungus that infects people trough the bite of already infected individual or trough spores in the air in closed spaces. This spore travels to the brain of the host and takes control of their body by attaching itself on the lymbic system of the brain. So they are al living beings, body shots can kill then just as a headshot, they still bleed, starve and dehydrate.

The body that the mob was eating was the body of one of the infected that were killed by both Erik and Tierman. In the game there are no proofs that infected don't eat the bodies of their own dead, and it is quite a rational way for them to keep living so long, even in areas uninhabited for years.

Also, just to make sure everyone is tuned, there are only stage 1 infected for now, since it's only been three months. A couple stalkers (stage 2) may appear, but they are very rare. If I'm right, and please correct me if I'm not, clickers will only appear after an year and bloaters from 2 to 3 years.
I'll get working on my post now. :)

Kojovs
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!