Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Smoke, Jazz, and Blood

Smoke, Jazz, and Blood

a part of “Smoke, Jazz, and Blood”, a fictional universe by Fredalice.

You start on a journey in the 1920's from Nottingham, England to the city of London on a train. The first of the murders happen here and it's up to you to band together to find out who did it, to follow the trail, and put the murder behind bars.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Smoke, Jazz, and Blood”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Smoke, Jazz, and Blood

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:28 am

@Pyramids don't worry about, yes it would have been preferable, but since you've already created your character I won't ask you to change him because I understand that once a character is finished changing any little thing about them seems like your forcing them to be what they're not. We will just have to make do =)
"I solemnly swear I am up to no good" - Fred and George Weasley

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fredalice
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr.Celestial on Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:18 pm

How many people can fit into one car?
lol

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr.Celestial
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby museman on Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:51 pm

What happened was we posted at the same time and mine was just my character entering and seeing the two women. I had to quickly change it so there would be no conflict. I guess I could just rewrite the post so my character just does something else.

museman
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lainpinky131 on Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:54 pm

A cabin on most trains are usually pretty big. So there's no need to worry about how many people can fit. :)

Lainpinky131
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Party Starter Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby museman on Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:00 pm

Oh, cool. That makes it easier on me so I don't have to rewrite anything.

museman
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:45 am

I think it depends on the train really. Originally what I had imagined was something like this -

however I didn't fully describe it so we could just change it to this, to accommodate all our character -

Fredalice
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:08 am

Also just to clarify since a lot of you haven't been on this website for a while, we don't have to post in order like we just did (mostly I just wanted to do that for everybody's first post). Though we may still want to, as a suggestion, since all our characters are in the same room?

Fredalice
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lainpinky131 on Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:29 am

Yes, I was thinking something similar to your pictures, but maybe with dividing walls.
As for the post orders, I agree that we don't need post orders but we shouldn't have it where a person posts, a different person posts, and then that same first person posts again. Stuff like that turns a conversation that was involving 4 people to something one-on-one. I think everyone should be aware of that.

Lainpinky131
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Party Starter Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lainpinky131 on Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:07 pm

Oh this isn't going to look good when a body shows up and the police find out there was a fight in the bar. X3

Lainpinky131
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:06 pm

Oh my evil plan foiled XD Also about the one on one conversation thing, I do realize that it maybe hard to write 300 words and maintain a conversation with another character, so if you find yourself in this kind of predicament then a suggestion I have is to play it out through pm, so you can comfortably have two sentence posts, and then decide on one of you posting the entire conversation. This is, of course, just one way to go about it, and the only way that I've done it that seems to have worked. If someone else has a better suggestion, or just another one, feel free to let it out there for others to try =)

Fredalice
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lainpinky131 on Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:32 am

Hey, I'm thinking about adding another character. Another female to help with the balance. She'll be a stage performer/singer. That okay? :)

Lainpinky131
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:02 pm

That would be fine and I'll hopefully be posting again today as well.

Fredalice
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:05 pm

Sorry, I wanted to post something today, but I've been stricken with a pretty awful headache and haven't been able to to concentrate all that well. I'll see about posting something tomorrow before running off to work.
“I have wrestled with death. It is the most unexciting contest you can imagine. It takes place in an impalpable greyness, with nothing underfoot, with nothing around, without spectators, without clamour, without glory, without the great desire of victory, without the great fear of defeat, in a sickly atmosphere of tepid scepticism, without much belief in your own right, and still less in that of your adversary.”
― Joseph Conrad

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:12 pm

Ok that's fine, thanks for letting us know, but don't push yourself too hard. I've been there with really bad headaches and I don't want it to get worse for you.

Fredalice
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:44 am

Short break I know, but I will definitely be posting tomorrow!!

Fredalice
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyramids on Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:43 am

I just want Theo to be drunk when all the murders start so he can be even more confused.

Pyramids
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:33 pm

I'm sorry for being absent for such a long period. I went on an impromptu vacation.

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr.Celestial on Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:37 pm

Are people going to start posting soon. It may just be me, but I feel as if this roleplay has fallen into inactivity, but please correct me if I am wrong. I was having fun, and I hope I can continue to.

Mr.Celestial
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lainpinky131 on Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:43 pm

People have been posting. We're on to page two, which I think is great! The last post was two days ago. That's not a bad thing. :)

Lainpinky131
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:25 pm

NO NO! The game is still afoot! Just a little more slowly, I'll have the stones rolling for the plot start soon which will hopefully pick up the pace. Also I did contact museman about his absence and he said he will try soon, however if he doesn't post when the train gets to London we could either have his character just sort of disappear into the city and never seen or heard of again or he can become another victim of the murderer, thoughts?

Fredalice
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!