Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Catalysts

The Catalysts - Main discussion/Role requisition

a part of “The Catalysts”, a fictional universe by Mr. Inkwell.

A recent scientific breakthrough found the ability to give certain people astonishing powers. The use of these powers have been either to heal or destroy, which will you be?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Catalysts”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Catalysts - Main discussion/Role requisition

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaotix14 on Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:18 pm

Aramay wrote:@Oborosen I believe it was called Sacrilege of the Heart. I remember Bumbledrop harassed me to join it, but when I finally started liking the character and what was going on they dropped off the face of the planet. I get what you mean though. Go through enough RP's. Especially ones that fail very quickly and it becomes difficult to dremember all of it. I've gotten to be very fickle about joining any now. Not that I want to be. Just, unless I feel like I can throw myself head long into it without hitting any hiccups I tend to keep my foot on the brakes. And that is partly because I want to make sure that I'm not going to contribute to the stall or death of that RP.

It is so hard to keep an RP active. I root anyone who can manage or can stay actively loyal to one. If I end up joining an RP though I'm also usually the last person to leave if people start leaving. A friend's feature would be amazing.

Same here, I've seen so many die, over multiple accounts.(I tend to get burned out after the Xth RP dies, and then I forget the account name/associated e-mail when after many months I feel the urge creep back in) It's kinda sad that so many just up and die. I am usually one of the last to give up and throw my characters into the abyss, trying till the end to pull the RP forward trying to prevent it from completely ceasing up. It has worked once or twice, and the story actually came to a satisfying end, but I can't really take over the role of GM nor can I comfortably help cover the roles of people that did drop the RP. It all still hinged on the others coming around, dusting off the characters and helping me to get things running.

And yeah a friends feature, or an on site list of people I'd like to RP with again, would be nice.

Edit: On a kinda related note, anyone have an idea of what to do with Ariail?
Death came to town.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

chaotix14
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oborosen on Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:20 pm

@Aramay - Yeah I still have Bumble on Kik, but we haven't spoken too one another in a long time. The only activity I see from her is on Instagram and even that has started to get sparse. I tend to hold onto an Rp until its dying breath and only readily drop if I am not actually invested in it to begin with.

I suggested a friends feature a long time ago, on that listing were they asked all the players to suggest a new function for the site to implement. I guess that one lost out to something else in the end, though I have no idea what it could have been.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Oborosen
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Inkwell on Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:18 pm

*Nods head with eyes closed*
Pretends to know what's going on
"Yes, of course. Me too."

Though in all honesty, a friends feature would be cool. But so would a spot where there'd be a writing "classroom" where newer writers or English-speakers could go to make sure they're up to par.
"My situation is not my choice, but the outcome will be. . ."

Mr. Inkwell
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Weilacca on Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:44 pm

Where'd everyone go? I was waiting for a few posts to come in so I can determine the time of day and all, but everyone seems to have disappeared... :(

Weilacca
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Inkwell on Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:00 pm

From what I know it's early morning. Sun just barely rising over the horizon. For reference, Lucielle is on a bridge to the Outskirts talking to Craven, (not too far from Vanessa and Your Hunters last known location), Hunter is head and to meet up with Jericho. Top Hatt is playing shadow king, Pandora is probably passed out drunk somewhere. Jesse is probably nursing her wounds, and Devon and Nia are still left high and in hell due to a missing character.

I leave anything out?

Mr. Inkwell
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Weilacca on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:54 am

Thanks, that sounds good. I'll wait some time then before my next post.

Weilacca
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Inkwell on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:28 am

UPDATE ON ARIAL SITUATION

My "friend" is unable to join. Both from site issues and RL issues. So, fuck. I'd take on the character myself, but I'm afraid that I'll slip behind just due to sheer volume of posts.

Mr. Inkwell
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Weilacca on Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:03 am

Oh damn, I tried getting my friend to help out by adopting the character, but she also can't. I already explained that I can't take control. I'll try to find someone.

Weilacca
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Inkwell on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:12 am

Well, thanks to you all for being understanding, though I don't expect my posting frequency to drop TOO much, as this is barely 200-400 words a day, and I can do this during lunch or something.

Thanks for all the advice I got from all of you, I'll keep it in mind, though, being in the middle-of-nowhere Iowa, my chances of finding other writers in general, (who are comfortable saying so), is rather bleak.

Also, would it be weird if I started posting speech in color, and perhaps combining multiple characters posts for the sake of simplicity?

Example:

Lucielle does stuff

[♥]]] [♦]]] ♚ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ♟ (Page Break) ♔ ♕ ♖ ♗ ♘ ♙ [♣]]] [♠]]]

Hunter does stuff

Example End

The colors are still a WIP, so nothing final there yet. Just wanna know your guys' opinions. That's really all I ever need to know.

Mr. Inkwell
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Weilacca on Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:26 pm

I'm good with colours and all. I was thinking of adding colours to my posts for Eve and James. But it seems to go well all monochromic so I may keep it this way.

Weilacca
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Inkwell on Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:24 pm

Alrighty, I'll throw em' in my next post. Speaking of which, sorry my previous post was so long. I just kept her going. And well, I liked what I ended up with.

Mr. Inkwell
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oborosen on Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:03 pm

Yes page breaks are fine, just make sure to specify certain aspects of what the character is experiencing. Because there are some players who are not going to have an easy time following it. I have recently gone trough the same problem with one of my other players, who misread a flashback of people mourning at a burial. Equating it too a scene of someone being buried alive.

As for page breaks, I usually just use hr/hr for page breaks, or a small stack of * * * * with a single space between the last paragraph and the next.

Oborosen
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Inkwell on Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:30 pm

I generally don't use all of those. I just use something that fits the story. Though I will say I can't seem to get page breaks, (horizontal rules), working. I thought it was [hr] but oh well. And I'll try and keep the stories straight. Though I generally don't do flashbacks.

Nonetheless, thanks for the heads-up. (Still a novice here if you couldn't tell).

Mr. Inkwell
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jorxio on Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:06 pm

My old tactic for breaking up text:

----

---

Just a Logo that was synonyms with the character (but bigger), so you'd know that everything afterwards was them. My only too is to make it as obvious as possible. Nothing beats draping the word "Flashback" across the screen. Gets attention, and I think it's hilaaaarious.

P.S. on the Page-Breaks.

After trying to recreate this, I figured them out. Make the "hr" lowercase, make sure to follow it with [/hr]. And make sure both tags are touching. Like:

[hr].[/hr]

(Minus the dot in the middle of course.)

Jorxio
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Weilacca on Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:00 am

I usually use page breaks when writing about multiple characters, except this time the two characters kinda act more like one. Which is why I need colour, to prevent confusion when the two are speaking.

Also! I've come up with something to write about finally! I gotta get to lectures now but they will be up by 3-4pm GMT. Don't expect much though.. This'll be more like a filler.

Weilacca
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Inkwell on Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:15 pm

Sorry I've been so naughty with not keeping up with posts. I couldn't very well think of a response, but I've gotten it sorted out now. Expect it to be up by the end of the day.

Mr. Inkwell
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jorxio on Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:15 pm

@Inkwell:

Realized, PMs still aren't working for me on the side of sending, but I'm fine with what you said.

Jorxio
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oborosen on Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:18 am

I have been watching the OOCs for a few days now, starting to get a little worried. What with the Rp being well underway and all, but hopefully its just my nerves getting too me.

Oborosen
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Inkwell on Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:06 am

I HAVE RETURNED!

Oh, it's been more than a day? Wait, what's that? NEARLY A WHOLE MONTH!?

Jeez, last time I visit Hell.

Well, anyone left to salvage this thing? Or have I strayed away for far too long?

Mr. Inkwell
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jorxio on Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:13 am

Just then, from beneath a vast pile of school work, emerged the people's champion: Jorxio!

Hope you brought me a T-Shirt, bevause I'm still here, and still amazing.

Jorxio
Member for 9 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!