Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Catalysts

The Catalysts - Main discussion/Role requisition

a part of “The Catalysts”, a fictional universe by Mr. Inkwell.

A recent scientific breakthrough found the ability to give certain people astonishing powers. The use of these powers have been either to heal or destroy, which will you be?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Catalysts”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Catalysts - Main discussion/Role requisition

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Inkwell on Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:52 am

While I find two people nice, I'd rather have at least three. Then we can start cleaning up this bullshit...

And by bullshit, I mean "story" we have "existing" right now.
"My situation is not my choice, but the outcome will be. . ."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr. Inkwell
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HeroBlast on Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:47 pm

You could send a group PM. That's what I do when my RP starts to get a little slow. Also, you're the only one I'm waiting on.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HeroBlast
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Arc Warden Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaotix14 on Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:09 pm

Figured the Rp was basically dead.(Not that I could do much with my character still in limbo due to anothers disappearance) But it seems it was wise to not cut cords just yet, even though I basically haven't felt involved with the RP for well over a month.

In any case it just so happens that revival and cleanup are somewhat of a... Specialty of mine. While Gming isn't quite my strong suit, co-gming and advise usually goes a lot smoother. So if worst comes to worst and only these three voice react to your call, just hit me up and we'll work on the revival of this RP.
Death came to town.

chaotix14
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Inkwell on Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:23 pm

Two things.

HOW DO I SEND A GROUP PM?

*cough*

Second. Revitalization.

Perhaps, just perhaps...

We start this over, but this time I'll take comments in from you people. We've kinda just beta-tested, right? So why not use that knowledge? I like the group dynamic. I like the characters. I do not like how we grew to just rely on the group's name alone as a "yes, they are the (insert group name), because... F*ck it I guess."

So, I'll take in criticism, I'll take in everything that need be taking, and we could start it over. Either by re-vamping and ret-conning this one, or just beginning a "sequel" RP.

So, comments, go!

Mr. Inkwell
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaotix14 on Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:38 am

A group PM is rather simple, just click on the PM icon under one of us(clear the message box before writing the PM), at the top there's it'll say "To:" with the name of the person you clicked to PM, right under that is a box, write the name of another person then add(just like you would with adding characters to posts, it's uppercase sensitive).

So yeah, I was kinda expecting this needing to be revived. So first of all I made a pad: https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/The_Catalysts go to it, favorite it and set up your name and color to preferences. Pads are amazing, it allows people to work together if they are online at the same time, and it can also be used in the same manner as the OOC, it makes brainstorming a whole lot easier and allows for more collaboration(such as colab posts with less repeating of what another character did or said, because it can be compressed to one post).

Then here's some of the beta test feedback(which will be copied to the pad so we can make a clear list of feedback, I'll clean it up later).
Like you said the factions came down to being nothing but a distinction between us and them. This likely is caused by the fact that each faction is rather empty, and that there are too many of them. My suggestion would be to cut a few of them off, Devils hand, Mana charitable and Hunters blacklist seem like the most likely candidates, and get a couple more characters for each faction going(5 or more per faction I'd say). It'd leave one terrorist group, the government organization and the vigilantes as factions. The three factions that'd butt heads most frequently, that combined with some factionless or minor faction(such as a religious zealot minor faction, and a couple of teamed up mercs) characters should create a much nicer mix.
The lack of organization within the faction tends to cause problems too, I do appreciate that you are using hands off approach allowing the others to carve the story just as much as you, but it simply doesn't work if there isn't a guiding goal. The entire arc so far has been leaning on the first event, it's aftermath and the activity of certain characters(Vanessa), who I'll probably often refer to as plot devices. While this does work, it means you need a whole load more characters like Vanessa, even if Devon had been able to go to work like I'd planned it'd still be too few for the amount of factions. With only three major factions though, it would likely be enough.

chaotix14
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Inkwell on Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:48 pm

Well. Now what? We twiddle our thumbs?

NO!

We twiddle our thumbs together!

I'll put all the bullshit ideas I've got down in the document. Then perhaps we make this all just a second RP?

Oh well...

Whatever works, works...

Mr. Inkwell
Member for 9 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!