Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Crown of Shadows

Crown of Shadows OOC Thread

a part of “Crown of Shadows”, a fictional universe by Silvereil.

They say the law rules the land, but what rules the law? The light of this city is as bright as its shadows are dark, and here in the city of light, it's the shadows that rule. The crown of shadows awaits, but who has the strength to wear it?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Crown of Shadows”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Crown of Shadows OOC Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Silvereil on Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:26 am

Crown of Shadows OOC Thread (<-- You are here) || Discord Discussion Link (See main page; I'm new and can't post links yet :( )

Image xxxxxxxxxx ImageCoded by Silvereil
Welcome to the City of Light

Hello, and welcome to the main discussion board for Crown of Shadows!

This is where most of the general OOC chat should take place, if not on Discord.

As you may be able to see, much of this RP is a work in progress due to time constraints in my schedule and poor internet connection; however, I do not plan to use that to keep this thing from happening, as it is the first good idea I've had in ages. This being said, please feel free to reserve characters, and perhaps even start RPing a bit! I will continue to add locations, descriptions, and other details as we go. I may even add a few pre-made characters as well, so if you're interested in any of them, please make sure to check for some.

OOC Chat Rules:
- As always, treat everyone with respect and kindness. There are people behind these screens. c:
- Please disable your signature to keep things simple and neat.
- You can post here to reserve a character, but there's no guarantee I'll see it right away. It might be easier to PM me instead.
- I don't have a lot else for this spot for now, so keep checking back just in case.
- Have fun!

Thank you so much for dropping by! Let the fun begin!
Last edited by Silvereil on Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:09 am, edited 7 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Silvereil
Member for 6 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Streamwatcher Promethean World Builder Group Theory Cult Leader Salesman Lifegiver

Re: Crown of Shadows

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonstruck on Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:52 pm

Definitely interested in this rp! Can I reserve a spot for the leader of the El Rio Clan, please? :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Moonstruck
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sunflower on Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:15 am

@Silvereil; Been watching this a while now and finally decided to make a reservation. Mind if I reserve the leader of Iron Rose? I'd be using Viola Davis as the face claim and her hex code would be a purple-ish color. Also, mind sending me a character sheet, too? Please? :)

Sunflower
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Silvereil on Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:50 pm

@Sunshine and Whiskey: Sounds good! Go right ahead! c:

ANNOUNCEMENT:
After wrestling my bad internet and other things, I am back and plan to continue adding descriptions, places, and characters. As of 2018 August 30, Imgur, my main image-hosting site, has been having some issues, so the process for adding new places and new issues may be slowed down a bit because I can't add the images so easily. Therefore, I'll continue working on filling out the descriptions instead until Imgur is back up and running like normal. c:

Silvereil
Member for 6 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Streamwatcher Promethean World Builder Group Theory Cult Leader Salesman Lifegiver

Re: Crown of Shadows OOC Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby barnes on Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:43 pm

hi! if you've still got spots open, I'd love to take two roles, one in the Jade Dragon faction and one in Ravens?

wild women don't get the blues but xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
lately i've been crying like a small child xxxxxx

barnes
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Novelist Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Silvereil on Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:00 am

@juliebarnes Of course! Do you have any specific ranks in mind, or do you just want general positions? It's really just the higher ranks that need reservations. Otherwise, general members and such are always open and are unlimited.

Silvereil
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby barnes on Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:15 pm

@Silvereil: I see you've already got a leader for the Jade Dragon faction, so I'll just take a general member for that one. might I have the Ravens leader, in that case?

barnes
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Novelist Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Silvereil on Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:26 pm

@juliebarnes: The Jade Dragon leader isn't actually a character just yet, and I was thinking of having him be one of the pre-made characters who would basically be an NPC until someone decides to claim him. He would be a bit older than most of the other leaders are at this point. His son (my character) is already twenty five, so I thought of having him around the age of 56.

I can give you more information if you would be interested in playing him. If not, you're welcome to have the leader of the Ravens. In the meantime, I'll try to get some of the NPC characters up while I work on other parts of the roleplay.

Silvereil
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wanderlust96 on Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:29 am

Hey I would love to reserve 2 characters. They will probably be one guy and one girl. Just wondering if race plays a role in which faction they are in?

Wanderlust96
Member for 6 years
Promethean

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Silvereil on Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:02 am

@Wanderlust96: Hello! I would first like to apologize for getting back to you so late. I've been a bit busy with other things. Do you have specific high ranks you would like to reserve? If not, then you don't really need to reserve. You can just make your characters. I should note, however, that the leaders of Iron Rose and White Tiger are currently reserved.

Race can somewhat judge which factor they are in, as three of the five factions are mainly dominated by one race. Jade Dragon and White Tiger are mainly East Asian and the El Rio Clan is mainly Hispanic. If you want more information on why, feel free to read their histories. Iron Rose was (and I suppose still is) predominantly caucasian, but they've grown to become a syndicate of European mutts. The people in Iron Rose often come from diverse European backgrounds. As for the Ravens, they are the most open of all the factions. They don't discriminate by race anywhere as much as the others do. They just want people.

Outside the criminal organizations are the LPD and Larkan Citizens. If your character lives in Larkan, they are pretty much automatically a citizen. It's kind of the default group that everyone is in. The other factions are specific groups they can choose to align themselves with. As for the LPD, it's the police department. They like all the people they can get too, but for slightly different reasons than the Ravens have.

I hope this helps!

Silvereil
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wanderlust96 on Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:21 am

I'd love to play a high ranking female for iron rose if possible and then a high ranking male for ravens. I don't really want to play THE boss though. Maybe just like a trusted member of the group with some respect.

Wanderlust96
Member for 6 years
Promethean

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Silvereil on Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:33 am

I see. That's fine, since the leaders of both groups are already taken. By high-ranking, I'm assuming you would like a position like Lieutenant? The positions listed on the syndicates' pages aren't necessarily high-ranking. They're more like suggestions for some of the jobs you can have within the organization. A lieutenant would be higher up in the organization's rankings and would be a trusted member with respect, like you asked for.

If this is so, I will keep spots for you. You're free to submit a character sheet.

Silvereil
Member for 6 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!